Both Zende megaships didn't jump!

Hello folks,

Thank you for the reports!

It turns out that the Zende Partners' flight controller who was supposed to give the green light on both megaships jumping was found stuck in a lift. We're pleased he's safe, but to ensure the megaship ferries jump as planned, we'll be bringing down the servers right now (9:00 AM UTC).

Please have Galnet put out an article to that effect
Maiden Voyage delayed by stuck Lift

c.f the FNS Nevermore malfunction becoming lore in the news

I'm struggling to log in now - spinning login wheel of death.

Hello folks,

Thank you for the reports!

It turns out that the Zende Partners' flight controller who was supposed to give the green light on both megaships jumping was found stuck in a lift. We're pleased he's safe, but to ensure the megaship ferries jump as planned, we'll be bringing down the servers right now (9:00 AM UTC).
There's zero gravity, why do you need a lift on a spacecraft that's never going to have noticeable gravity? Who designed that, seriously? Anyway, get him working quick.

I have two accounts. One exploration account far out near Voyager's Reach. I can log in without any problem.
My bubble account docked at the Conduit last night. If I try to log in, I got a "Logging in" graphical loop resulting in an error.
So it only affects idiots like me who were so stupid to believe that this new game mechanic would actually work.

Dear FDev, don't you EVER test your mechanics before implementing them?

So only about two and a half hours after "Back in five minutes!" it is possible to log in again. And the megaship actually made it to Synuefe sector.
All is well. But it is so frustrating, too.

Confess I find it odd that the servers have to come down just to alter the coordinates of an ingame asset. Granted it's an asset that contains other assets, but even so.

Just seems a little, well, primitive?

Top Bottom