PLEASE MAKE POWERPLAY IN "OPEN ONLY"

Handbag-Stall.jpg

Of course.....Of course......

It just works like that then :D
Nah, I make an effort to stay away from statements that cannot be proven.
But mostly, I want to see some backup from the claims people make, or at the very least I'm hoping these duplicate threads get merged, or closed, not that I'll report them.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
They are only restricted if they made the dubious plan to buy a game, and then knowingly choose to not pay what the console owner charges extra to fully play said game.

I mean it sucks, but I don't have alot of sympathy.
Has Powerplay required console players to be able to play multi-player, at any time since its implementation?

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Who cares? Can't let the game stagnate because something was or wasn't done in the past.
Those seeking to remove access to content for some players rather obviously don't seem to care....

.... that we all bought access to the feature (as it forms part of the base game that no-one can play the game without).

Last edited:
Those seeking to remove access to content for some players rather obviously don't seem to care....

.... that we all bought access to the feature (as it forms part of the base game that no-one can play the game without).

Let's face it, console players without mp access on their console internet plan who participate in power play is what...5 people? Also, PP was not part of the launch game, and was vastly different than what we were promised in any case.

Not a big deal, despite how much you white knight it about.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Let's face it, console players without mp access on their console internet plan who participate in power play is what...5 people? Not a big deal, despite how much you white knight it about.
It's not just them, of course - it's also those players on any platform, regardless of whether they have multi-player access or not, who currently choose to engage in Powerplay but choose not to do so in Open - which remains their choice as there's no requirement to play in Open to engage in any game feature.

How about make Elite console only and get rid of all the pc cheaters that are breaking the pp/bgs/pvp?
Otherwise, if any gameplay is removed from solo, then remove solo at all and replace it with open-pve

The Replicated Man

T
I do play the game as it was intended except it doesn't have an offline mode so you can take your nonsense and insert it into .... (you know the rest).

Engineering killed Open Play - live with it.
Man you forumites are so easily triggered when someone mentions open

@OP: This has been discussed before - ED has been sold as a mode agnostic game (i.e. no single feature is explicitly tied to a specific mode) and it should remain that way forever. Your idea flies in the face of that and ignores the fact that regardless of mode/platform choice you are anything but guaranteed to instance with anyone working against your personal universe goals.

I'd like to hear your reasons why making PP open only would drive people away from the game.

What can be asserted without providing evidence, that making PP open only would bring back players that have left, can be rejected also without the need to provide evidence.

Although I could link to threads where players who purchased the game with the only intention of playing solo have stated they would leave if features were removed from solo that were part of solo originally I don't see the need to provide such evidence to refute a claim made without providing evidence in the first place.

Lestat

Banned
This is such a great game. Engineering ships to fight and fly according to your playstyle is great. Graphics are good. The POWERPLAY system can potentially be a great system. It gives the player base direct control over the power structure and can actively affect what the boundaries are in this galaxy. Unfortunately all the immersion potential is completely wasted because we are living in two galaxies, parrallel dimensions or something not understandable. The powers and their borders can be affected by people's actions in another reality that somehow translates to the current 'open' reality.

You get my drift. You lose the awesomeness of there being one galaxy that we all live in when people can just live in their own pretend version of the galaxy and still influence the 'politics' of the real galaxy called OPEN.

I know this has been brought up plenty in the past, I'm just casting my vote for making POWERPLAY activities only available in OPEN.

PLEEEAASSE.

Seriously though, I think you would see a lot more of your player base return if you made this change.
Here a better idea. Next time use the search feature and see if this has been discussed before. And for your idea. HELL NO. I don't want to be FORCED INTO THE OPEN and be attack by lame PvP.

What can be asserted without providing evidence, that making PP open only would bring back players that have left, can be rejected also without the need to provide evidence.

Although I could link to threads where players who purchased the game with the only intention of playing solo have stated they would leave if features were removed from solo that were part of solo originally I don't see the need to provide such evidence to refute a claim made without providing evidence in the first place.

OK, fair enough. I wasn't asking like all legal and official like. Just wondering your personal opinions. I imagine many people have similar opinions, Id just like to know what they are.

Top Bottom