Planet Coaster's Future? Planet Zoo!

What would they be working on so soon after the last rides dlc? Another dlc? But another rides dlc probably wouldn’t be released until July or August. Maybe there’s another bug fix coming as well.

Except he didn't say that.

He just said it's an important game and they have supported it.
No word of whether they will do in the future.

I think it's obvious this signals the slow down of Planet Coaster releases.

But honestly, what's left to add aside from optimizations?
The only thing i would like them to look into is the TMTK, it still is very buggy and this is one reason the performance suffers.
Like, take 2 or 3 devs to fix it (and i'll happily give all technical feedback they need to look into it) and make it work more effectively,
that would be a gamechanger, and then the content rollout will keep PlanCo fresh for the next few years.
Right now it's pretty complicated and time-consuming to make the custom content performant enough so it doesn't let the overall performance take a dip.
I spend 3/4 of the time i spend on asset creation on actual performance optimization. And most content creators can't or can't be bothered to invest that additional time.
If that's looked into, if the bugs are eliminated, and i can only speak for myself, then i could rollout dozens of sets of DLC-like theme sets.
As it is, though, it's going very slow.

Either way, PlanCo isn't gonna come to a dead-stop any time soon, i'm sure.

Edit: the game mechanics, there's still a few things that could be made better, Park inspectors who close down rides if their maintenance isn't looked after properly,
More depth to the aging of attractions, Sub-surface scattering options to adjust the light penetration depth. Those are things i'd like to see.

Last edited:
I also 100% understand why it's a standalone game and not an expansionpack to Planet Coaster.

1) Obviously any more additions to Planet Coaster would make the game even more slow and tbh I think it's already too slow to be really enjoyable.
2) I've never seen a zoo combined with coasters except for RCT3 Wild.

If the game was Planet Resorts or something than it would make sense having a huge map with a zoo on one side and a theme park on the other but combined doesn't make much sense. However I don't really care about zoo's.

I'm only interested in one thing and that is if they fixed the engine to be able to run realistic-sized and filled theme parks without melting the best of gaming computers so we can hopefully have a play-able Planet Coaster 2!

With tmtk we can have animated animals and make fake zoos in Planet Coaster. There’s really no need for a zoo expansion. I would rather have water slides in Planet Coaster over zoos.

There are some aspects of Planet Zoo that I think should be brought over to Planet Coaster. For example, weather. It will be in Planet Zoo, I'd love to see it in an update to Planet Coaster!

yes i have been thinking the same thing that one day it could merge as i talked about this in one of my threads. Parks and Zoo and even Sims when that game gets created. :)

I have got the perfect solution!
It has nothing to do with anthing and is not possible. Stop with this.

Note Mr Crowther said Planet Coaster is an important game to us. This is not the same as "we're adding more content". Does not exclude content, but mind the difference.

Just to add on to what K M Butler said... Planet Coaster may be important to them.. But that doesn't mean new updates, and add-ons are coming for it.. On the contrary, that could mean spin-offs and sequels in the Planco IP are in the works...

It would be nice if someone from Frontier would say what the future looks like for Planet Coaster? I still would like to see a couple more flat rides DLC’s get added.

It would be nice if someone from Frontier would say what the future looks like for Planet Coaster? I still would like to see a couple more flat rides DLC’s get added.
I agree, even confirmation of a Planet Coaster 2 in the future now being their main focus or that more content is planned.

Planet coaster isn't even finished and never will be. I wanted management and I got a watching paint dry simulator. They keep adding more colors of paint to try and watch but They never even considered adding a guest tracking/editing feature. I don't feel like watching people ride rides if I have no idea who they even are. And when I can't even find my own dang avatar in the park the purpose of even making one is wasted and useless, Just like the current features of the game. I would pay good money for the guest search feature. But the devs can't get their heads off their desks and shut up and just take my money.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Planet coaster isn't even finished and never will be. I wanted management and I got a watching paint dry simulator. They keep adding more colors of paint to try and watch but They never even considered adding a guest tracking/editing feature. I don't feel like watching people ride rides if I have no idea who they even are. And when I can't even find my own dang avatar in the park the purpose of even making one is wasted and useless, Just like the current features of the game. I would pay good money for the guest search feature. But the devs can't get their heads off their desks and shut up and just take my money.

Sounds like Planet Coaster is not your type of game. Perhaps you should consider playing other games?

A guest tracking feature was never advertised, discussed or promised for Planet Coaster by the developers.

Saying things like "[...] wasted and useless, just like the current features of the game" and "devs can't get their heads off their desks" are not going to help your case.

Sounds like Planet Coaster is not your type of game. Perhaps you should consider playing other games?

A guest tracking feature was never advertised, discussed or promised for Planet Coaster by the developers.

Saying things like "[...] wasted and useless, just like the current features of the game" and "devs can't get their heads off their desks" are not going to help your case.
Like I even had a case to begin with. They always overlook my suggestions so if I even had a so-called case it was always ignored whether I was nice or not. I have tried being patient for 3 years. Having my ideas dismissed by the general public and ignored indefinitely by the Developers along the way. So sorry if I was being rude but someone had to come out and say it.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Like I even had a case to begin with. They always overlook my suggestions so if I even had a so-called case it was always ignored whether I was nice or not. I have tried being patient for 3 years. Having my ideas dismissed by the general public and ignored indefinitely by the Developers along the way. So sorry if I was being rude but someone had to come out and say it.
Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately not every suggestion can make it into the game, with various reasons as to why suggestions can't or won't be added to the game. It's a continuous quest of searching for a balance when it comes to adding new content to a game and changing existing content of a game. Some suggestions are more popular than others, and some suggestions can be implemented while others can't for technical / game base code reasons. The developers have to make choices when determining what will / can be added or changed to the game, and what can't / won't be added or changed.

Perhaps that your suggestion for a single guest tracking feature can't be added because of the way how guests are designed to work in Planet Coaster on a technical level.

That having said, I agree that it would be nice to be able to track guests just like we were able to do in RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Frontier does not listen to good and often simple suggestions made by many people like a ''No kerbs-on-elevated-patch-option''

The never ending fighting with the Vendors from quitting.... The irony is that Planco started with ZERO problems with the vendors. Then the Patch came.... The bonus irony is that it made the game more power-hungry....not much i guess, but it does not make it run better with all these vendors taking breaks, and leaving and walking around..

And because the game is not optimized to run on anything less than the worlds strongest computer i had to Stop to work on an Epic-super-cool park i was making.
My plan is to wait till i get a 10-20 times stronger computer. And me that bought a New 2000 Dollar pc with a RTX-2080 card just to play Planco. :cry:..... The kerb on elevated patch made my work on that park a living hell, but i tryed to work around it as best as i could.

You won Frontier. I give up. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Just in case someone wonders what my computer can run= Here is a Park i did finish. This park i can run in 4K with 2000 Guests with no big problems. But i can feel i should not build more on that park.

Hope the link work.

Top Bottom