PvP Alliance Challenger vs Classic Clipper Build - CMDR Replicant vs CMDR Browney

• Thread starter The Replicated Man
  • Start date

The Replicated Man

T
Source:
Source: https://youtu.be/oGNhNk44Ohk

I ran into a old foe in Shinrarta, and asked for a fight. CMDR Browney still flies a pre 2.4 Silent Running Clipper build.
I just threw this Challenger together and am running the following setup
1 Large Grade 4 Focused Plasma (Dispersal Field)
3 Medium Fixed Overcharged Multicannons (2 Auto Loader 1 Emissive)
3 Overcharged Enforcer Cannons (Auto Loader)
4400 armor with a 5D Guardian MRP
480 Boost
AFMU and Interdictor installed.
Music used in video: Le Castle Vania - John Wick Mode (John Wick 2)
Stilz - Don't Look Back (Stilz - Judicator)
Stilz - Nova City Sector 3 - (Stilz - Judicator)

It is my first video with narration, I hope it makes it easier for people than reading text all the time. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Note: I am aware this was pretty much no contest. I just figured it would be a good video to showcase how dead the silent builds are. Nightvision combined with Emissive just screws over any hulltank

Last edited by a moderator:
Should've been called at the point where you were at 99% hull integrity and the Clipper was out around a quarter.

Also they should remove the scramble effect from the APA, it fires way too frequently to be able to apply it, or give it a 30 sec cooldown once it wears off.

The Replicated Man

T
Honestly had no idea browney was still playing. Haven't seen him in ages.
Yeah I ran into him about 6 months ago in deciat? We fought and I hadn't seen him since. I used to run into him all the time at the CGs back before 2.4.

The Replicated Man

T
Should've been called at the point where you were at 99% hull integrity and the Clipper was out around a quarter.

Also they should remove the scramble effect from the APA, it fires way too frequently to be able to apply it, or give it a 30 sec cooldown once it wears off.
They did nerf TLB on everything but they haven't touched dispersal yet. I think it makes an excellent addition to ship when you are up against someone with gimbals :)

Fairly Clean Mic Narration Solid Music. Solid Framerate\Capture
Good High ToT build with excellent piloting with fairly non intrusive explanations about your tactics.

Great Video Man o7
I hope to see more like this. A change of pace from the regular pvp videos.

The Replicated Man

T
Fairly Clean Mic Narration Solid Music. Solid Framerate\Capture
Good High ToT build with excellent piloting with fairly non intrusive explanations about your tactics.

Great Video Man o7
I hope to see more like this. A change of pace from the regular pvp videos.
Thanks man! I am planning on doing more. Appreciate the Feedback :)

The narration takes your vids to the next production level, imo. Well done! Maybe vs your build (and skill level) it was no contest, but Browney could take this clipper and destroy a lot of cmdrs out there, such as the current FDL meta in sub-demigod level hands might not fare as well.

The Replicated Man

T
The narration takes your vids to the next production level, imo. Well done! Maybe vs your build (and skill level) it was no contest, but Browney could take this clipper and destroy a lot of cmdrs out there, such as the current FDL meta in sub-demigod level hands might not fare as well.
Thanks Krash! Yeah his build is decent, although outdated. I gave him a few tips and hopefully he updates the ship to current standards.

I am planning on doing more narration with new videos. More on that soon :)

The Replicated Man

T
Game's already got Chaff, don't need a weapon effect that does the same.

Anyway, you sound like you could use a drink. Maybe make it something with some bite? Y'know, for humanity' sake.
Honestly I think you should go to the suggestions subforum and start a thread asking Frontier to get rid of one of the most handy effects against gimbals in game.

Frontier Please delete Dispersal field cuz unbalanced. (It isn't despite you saying it is)

Watch what happens.

The Replicated Man

T
As a gimbal scrub I totally endorse this notion :cool:
What I find frustrating is, not every average Joe can use plasma, let alone the APA. When people see someone with good aim using said gun with a strong effect like TLB or Dispersal, (You should have seen the REEEing people would do over TLB before it was nerfed, and quite frankly it needed a balance) they tend to lose their minds over it. I am just sitting here thinking, Ok would these guys be happy if I used no special effects?
I could have beat the clipper either way. It was no contest.
In this fight for instance the odds were stacked against the clipper, which I acknowledged. I am not going around tooting my horn because I beat a clipper. I made this video to showcase how dead the pre 2.4 silent build is.

Believe it or not I still encounter people who think their Silent Running FAS is going to beat a modern setup.

What I find frustrating is, not every average Joe can use plasma, let alone the APA. When people see someone with good aim using said gun with a strong effect like TLB or Dispersal, (You should have seen the REEEing people would do over TLB before it was nerfed, and quite frankly it needed a balance) they tend to lose their minds over it. I am just sitting here thinking, Ok would these guys be happy if I used no special effects?
I could have beat the clipper either way. It was no contest.
In this fight for instance the odds were stacked against the clipper, which I acknowledged. I am not going around tooting my horn because I beat a clipper. I made this video to showcase how dead the pre 2.4 silent build is.
As a Hotas guy who tried KB+M and was instantly 100% better with FAoff / PAs then before, I find the different challenge levels of inputs frustrating.
In PvP you pretty much "have to" fly KB+M / PA otherwise you're laughed off as a "scrub", but try to hit something reliably with Hotas and FAoff.
I decided to fly Hotas for muh immershon because I don't like KB+M. And i more often then not hit without curves or anything with my rails.
The hate gimbals sometimes get is very much annoying for me. Are they strong? Yes. Are they the meta? No, not even that strong they are the meta. KB+M is meta.

(Of course my above comment was a joke, I wouldn't want chaff or dispersal getting nerfed...)

Top Bottom