Site for Guardian Technology Components?

"Hey, what would be a fun game mechanic? Oh, How about the Lack of a game mechanic? they can just RELOG and RELOG and RELOG, because thats what makes games fun right?" ~ Frontier probably.

But seriously, why is this a thing? Does no one sit down for a sec and asks themselves? is logging in and out to get materials a legitimate gameplay mechanic?
Why are synth recipies so damn expensive??
Its not like engineers already dont use the same materials (except guardian ones thank god) to engineer things.

Why frontier? cant we get a mission to get a bunch of these? or open a vault and get like 50 a piece? why would i need to go to guardian space just to relog 40 times.
Seriously, i love this game, but even my patience is wearing thin.

And thats after 4 years...that says something.

But seriously, why is this a thing? Does no one sit down for a sec and asks themselves? is logging in and out to get materials a legitimate gameplay mechanic?

You don't have to do it that way; there are many, many Guardian Structure sites*, and it's perfectly possible to fly from one to another and do them one by one.

But all the guides and videos and whatnot will tell you to go to one place, relog endlessly, and go mad, because their whole focus is on doing things as rapidly as possible.

* Just click on the link on the top menu that reads "GS - Site List ".

You don't have to do it that way; there are many, many Guardian Structure sites*, and it's perfectly possible to fly from one to another and do them one by one.

But all the guides and videos and whatnot will tell you to go to one place, relog endlessly, and go mad, because their whole focus is on doing things as rapidly as possible.

Do you play the game?
You actually think i'm or anyone sane is going to Hop between Systems For 9 Guardian mats per piece?
when Premium materials cost about 4, not including other materials?

And as you need them all the time, the most efficient way is to relog, who in their right mind will hope 20 systems to fill 200 Guardian tech components? or vise versa?
it would take you hours, and its not like you gotta do it ONCE.

This is my 3rd time there this week, because of AX hunting, i need these materials very frequently.
Me, nor anyone else is going to jump around systems mindlessly for the 2000th time.

Its a poorly thought out system, theres no incentive to visit other sites, its all the same.
Some pylons sentinels and materials.

Its Insane, imagine doing the same Grind 5 times a week because literally everything uses overlapping materials.
this isnt fun, this is just mind numbing grind, no one is happy with it.

Especially since we got these useless multicannons , that even engineered cannot hold a candle to Guass.
and they need THE SAME MATERIALS JUST TO SYNTHESIZE A CLIP!! Its absurd!

Last edited:
There you go, then.

...What? So, you agree that its a completely botched execution?

Yes, thanks; do you know how to be civil?

It was a Completely innocent question, dont play victim.
Those who need these materials, are subject to mind numbing, mindless grind.

I want to see them streaming themselves farming materials.
and HGE's for Engineering mats.
I wanna look them in the eyes when they're doing this, and see if they can say the following phrase with a straight face: "wow this is fun"

This is me being civil, i'm not attacking anyone, i dont blame anyone, i'm just saying what many before me have already said.
Harsh or not, it is simply the truth.

Last edited:
I pointed out that relogging isn't the only option. You don't like the other way, which is fine: but it's a choice you've made. The designers didn't make you relog endlessly.

Hence my Question.
Do you play the game? Or do you log in once a month?
Do you actively engage in activities that require you to farm these materials? Have you experienced it for yourself?

Just because the Choice is there doesnt mean its the better one.
Most of our time is limited, its extremely tedious to jump around when you're looking for one material type.(because some Sites only 1 Stack of said material, its simply impractical and too time consuming, especially, because you MUST do this more than once, in many occasions, as with my own situation , 3 times a week.

Seriously? Oh, wait... humor, right?
I Don't understand why you relentlessly defend Terrible design choices.
No one likes this from of "personal narrative". Well, maybe except for you i guess... That is, if you even ever went to guardian space in the first place.

I'm not saying this to provoke, this is just my disbelief that you engaged in any of this content to actually defend it with these strawman points, and total Disregard for common sense and logic.

I love this game to death too, but, come on man ...

The Guardian Technology Components spawn about 1 out of 20 from Sentinels or panels . This really makes collecting these objects tedious and having to log in and out is so unprofessional as a game mechanic.
In my experience the Sentinels drop GTC at a greater rate than 1 in 20, though that sounds about right for the DPs. If relogging seems unprofessional, remember it isn't the only option. The Guardian Bubble has many planets within fairly easy jump range of each other that sport Structures where GTCs can be harvested, so just establish a route of three or more and fly to each in sequence, same effect as relogging but preserving immersion. Consult one or more of the online Guardian planet databases to help plan an itinerary. During my completion of the Ram Tah mission I was able to completely top off on all Guardian mats except the GTCs, and I have those about 3/4 full. That inventory should last for a few blueprints.

Hmm... I went there last week and no more Guardian mats appeared to be spawning, I checked several degraded and high grade emission USS's.

Hmm... I went there last week and no more Guardian mats appeared to be spawning, I checked several degraded and high grade emission USS's.
Yeah me too.

As for ruins tech components always spawn in the same place on the towers and panels, if you're willing to relog once you've figured out where they can be very quick to gather.
(and yes I agree it's poor design if gathering mats acts as a blocker in the way of other aspects of gameplay, although in this case they are only used for synthesis and it's a choice if they are used for gameplay. The advanced MCs have been poorly thought through as I don't think they can be restocked at stations and aren't worth the effort anyway)

Last edited:
Same here. There was one Technology Component that would often get stuck in its overhead niche, and I had to work out how to get a running start and then hit my thrusters so I could fly up to grab it. You had to be almost so far away that you couldn't target it.
Haha, I just got stuck with my SRV pinned on top of a pillar in Synuefe EN-H 11-96 doing that. Almost didn´t get back down. It was fun once i made it back to the surface

All the sites have them - and the spawn locations (panels that holed them) do not change. You can play the relog dance and fill up.

It's only 33 log ins to get a hundred. Totally worth it - in a

🐷👁️

It's only 33 log ins to get a hundred. Totally worth it - in a

No it's not
Each site has 3, sometimes 4 panels that drop Guardian Technology Components (and also 3-4 if not more for other materials like Power Conduits and Power Cells, while the Guardian Wreckage Components and Guardian Sentinel Weapon Parts drop from sentries)
So each run should give about 9-12 of each components, maybe more for certain parts.

Quite a necro :)

anyway, it should be this Prospect in SYNUEFE EN-H D11-96
But i'm afraid the USS containing guardian materials spawned only during the event, they're long gone now

However, if you are nearby and want to check, be my guest.
Thanks for helping ressurect - I am trying to build up an AX Chieftain and get into fighting Thargoids and so have been relogging quite a bit and getting pretty bored of it, so was hoping this would be a faster way of doinng things :) I will have a look though!

Top Bottom