Give us a Re-arm ship like we had in Freespace,

They'd probably do it with limpets instead of docking. It's actually be an interesting CZ event if the individual battles didn't end so fast.

Oh yes! And, let’s have potato ships too !
GJYGq84.jpg

Flimley

No, not like synthesis. Like re-arm ship. There is a mighty big difference between the two. But leave syntesis in for those willing to waste their time with it.

Catch my drift?

X
Nope - if you explain yourself more chance people will understand - not everyone is as old as you ;)

Lestat

Banned
1969 to be exact!

n00bs
Please go edit your main post and tell us what Freespace did that you are suggesting for Elite Dangerous. So players who never played Freespace 1 or 2 can understand your idea better or Players that are younger than 30 can understand what you are talking about with a 20-year-old game.

We are not going to go Geez Let buy Freespace so we can understand what you are talking about. That's a waste of our Time and money and Hope our Current Windows can run it.

Please go edit your main post and tell us what Freespace did that you are suggesting for Elite Dangerous. So players who never played Freespace 1 or 2 can understand your idea better or Players that are younger than 30 can understand what you are talking about with a 20-year-old game.

We are not going to go Geez Let buy Freespace so we can understand what you are talking about. That's a waste of our Time and money and Hope our Current Windows can run it.

Oh for the sake of space nuts.

Decent: Freespace - The Great War is a space combat game produced by Volition, in 1998. It had a sequel, Freespace 2 in 1999 :)

It was, and to some still is, one of the greatest space titles to grace our CRT monitors. It was abandoned by the company due to business politics. You can pick it up for about 5 bucks on GOG. The game, along with a wealth of mods, is still maintaned buy a group of very talented folks, for our continued enjoyment. Do a search for Knossos+Freespace, if you're interested and not too old.

Anyway, the point of the OP is, that in Freespace, if you run out of ammo, you don't have to waste your time returning to base or have to manufacture your own, while floating around unarmed in space. You simply pressed the R key and an adorable little ship would wake out to you, dock with your fighter and fill you up with bullets. You could do this as many times as necessary to complete your mission.

I hope this was satisfactory.

Decent: Freespace - The Great War is a space combat game produced by Volition, in 1998. It had a sequel, Freespace 2 in 1999 :)

It was, and to some still is, one of the greatest space titles to grace our CRT monitors. It was abandoned by the company due to business politics. You can pick it up for about 5 bucks on GOG. The game, along with a wealth of mods, is still maintaned buy a group of very talented folks, for our continued enjoyment. Do a search for Knossos+Freespace, if you're interested and not too old.

Anyway, the point of the OP is, that in Freespace, if you run out of ammo, you don't have to waste your time returning to base or have to manufacture your own, while floating around unarmed in space. You simply pressed the R key and an adorable little ship would wake out to you, dock with your fighter and fill you up with bullets. You could do this as many times as necessary to complete your mission.

So, like synthesis then.

Played freespace a lot, don't remember any of that, still I am a mere foetus born in 1978.

@Op - Nah I'll stick to synthesis.

Lestat

Banned

So you are asking something like Battlefield. where ammo and health or bandages are left in areas so a player can pick them up. I have to say No. We already have ways to stay out in combat longer. By using synthesis and collecting Mats. If the player wants to stay out longer they can also engineer their weapons for more ammo supply Or by using other types of weapons to stay in a location longer.

That would be some kind of support vessel that had the same function as the station. Only that it would be possibly more expensive, closer, a sitting duck while rearming you and highly explosive.
I would prefer a new internal module.

My main problem with synthesis is not the material but that it takes too long.

Top Bottom