Fed Up

I like this game,really I do. However,I'm fed up with getting ganked by the game. I'm fairly new to the game (by a few weeks) and play solo mode mostly.
Right now am doing mostly passenger transport and courier missions. Now,to be fair up until yesterday I'd only been destroyed about once in every
10m/cr. I can live with that. However, in the last 24 hours I've been destroyed 5-6 times(if not more) and had to rebuy of course. Now mind you, I haven't been destroyed while explorering, only when right at the mail slot while entering and I mean right at the entrance and very quickly so as I can't even back out.
Twice now I've received permission to dock only to come under fire while entering slot and then 'permission denied' and destroyed by dock security themselves. Just awhile ago,twice within the hour.
I don't like complaining without cause but this is too much.If it happens again I'm out.I play on pc and am stuck at 30ish m/cr because of
this. Any insight to this problem would be appreciated.
Sounds just like my beginner days.. when you check the passenger missions in red writing you will see maybe wanted in systems etc.. if you take these passengers you can only take them back to the station if you use silent running and avoid the scan. Of course Auto docking doesn't allow this so manual docking only. Go to robigo mines in the robigo system. The missions there are mostly criminal masterminds and rich tourists but you don't get scanned when returning them. You will go to Sirius atmospherics which shows up in the list when you are within 1000ls of the planet. You will earn mega money in no time.

Align with the mail slot during the approach in supercruise, then boost towards it once you drop out and only slow down into the blue when you're somewhere between 3-4km from the station. Land as normal. You will not get scanned and even if they manage to start a scan you are too quickly through the slot for them to finish it.

There. Smuggling made easy. Only planetary ports may require cool running and/or heat sinks as you usually need a bit longer to belly flop onto the landing pad.

If you're travelling too fast due to having boosted, to shake a scan..... Put Gear Down, it acts like air brakes and slows the ship quicker.
Do it all:
Silent running, boost, heat sink, gear down and cargo hatch open.
Don't forget the honk when you pass by.
XD
Oh! And drop some biowaste too!

Lestat

Banned
An idea for you Post your game Platform and asks people with the same platform on this topic to PM you with their CMDR names and add them to the game Let them PM you. I telling you to do it this way so you don't PM people on this forum that might not want to help you.

Now when you are in the game You can communicate with them. You can be solo mode and the other person can be in Open or Private group to ask them questions while you are flying around. Just make sure they are not in the middle of combat.

But we are willing to help Inside the game or out.

I'll try one last time

Go to Robigo Mines

Play in Solo with as many economy class cabins as you can fit in the best ship you can afford that is no bigger than medium size.

The Python is ideal, but smaller ships will also pay well.

Take all the Sightseeing Passenger Missions you can to Sirius Atmospherics.

Once you're Allied with all factions you'll start seeing nice payouts and you don't get scanned.

Otherwise, just ignore the above and complain...

Your choice

Lestat

Banned
I'll try one last time

Go to Robigo Mines

Play in Solo with as many economy class cabins as you can fit in the best ship you can afford that is no bigger than medium size.

The Python is ideal, but smaller ships will also pay well.

Take all the Sightseeing Passenger Missions you can to Sirius Atmospherics.

Once you're Allied with all factions you'll start seeing nice payouts and you don't get scanned.

Otherwise, just ignore the above and complain...

Your choice
LOL. Void Opal mining you can make over a Billion in 10 hours. o_O

Hilarious that the same passengers that the station offered you will get you killed by that station if you're caught with them. Seems they need better foot security.

I like this game,really I do. However,I'm fed up with getting ganked by the game. I'm fairly new to the game (by a few weeks) and play solo mode mostly.
Right now am doing mostly passenger transport and courier missions. Now,to be fair up until yesterday I'd only been destroyed about once in every
10m/cr. I can live with that. However, in the last 24 hours I've been destroyed 5-6 times(if not more) and had to rebuy of course. Now mind you, I haven't been destroyed while explorering, only when right at the mail slot while entering and I mean right at the entrance and very quickly so as I can't even back out.
Twice now I've received permission to dock only to come under fire while entering slot and then 'permission denied' and destroyed by dock security themselves. Just awhile ago,twice within the hour.
I don't like complaining without cause but this is too much.If it happens again I'm out.I play on pc and am stuck at 30ish m/cr because of
this. Any insight to this problem would be appreciated.
Read the missions descriptions, it'll tell you if your passengers are wanted. Don't take the ones that are wanted, if you're not comfortable docking and undocking at ludicrous speed. Lol

If you're looking for credits, you can try outfitting your ship for Void Opal core mining (plenty of guides), it takes some practice to get really efficient at finding core asteroids, but once you do, you can make about 15-20m per asteroid.
However, you need to be comfortable (and outfitted) to evade pirates on the way to sell your ores for their maximum price (it's usually around 100~ly away), as carrying tens of millions of credits in ores will attract pirates.
However, a good thermal resistance shield(or failing that, just a big shield), and speed will often get you out of that situation.

So do you also eat using your fingers instead of using a fork and a knife? 🐒

I have a couple of ships where I have used the slots for other thingies, and I've never crashed my ship during landing, even though I've done some pretty rough ones. I remember one time when one of the engineers said "Your-arrival-has-been-noted" after I accidentally hit boost instead of landing gear, and maybe dented the landing pad slightly. (The game needs more humor like that).

Still, if I have room for it I fit both DC and SC. I think it's called convenience. For me it gives me more time to just sit and be awestruck by the Universe passing by in all it's glory, without having to fiddle around with the throttle in the blue zone. Humans can't multitask. It's a myth.

Maybe it's because I don't really get the honor and shame thing. Those are often highly overrated. Like good taste ;)

So do you also eat using your fingers instead of using a fork and a knife? 🐒

I have a couple of ships where I have used the slots for other thingies, and I've never crashed my ship during landing, even though I've done some pretty rough ones. I remember one time when one of the engineers said "Your-arrival-has-been-noted" after I accidentally hit boost instead of landing gear, and maybe dented the landing pad slightly. (The game needs more humor like that).

Still, if I have room for it I fit both DC and SC. I think it's called convenience. For me it gives me more time to just sit and be awestruck by the Universe passing by in all it's glory, without having to fiddle around with the throttle in the blue zone. Humans can't multitask. It's a myth.

Maybe it's because I don't really get the honor and shame thing. Those are often highly overrated. Like good taste ;)
Don't stress over it too much. It was just a joke. I have a hybrid car in real life with automatic gear. Here in Portugal, most of the cars sold are with manual shifting gear. But since I went auto, the manual gear feels too much primitive to me. It requires more maintenance, it stresses the car more, and wastes more fuel when in steep roads.
Anyway, in-game, if the slot was locked to auto-dock modules, I would simply accept it, but since the slot can be changed to something else, I always prefer to ditch DC and SC for something more useful, like a lightweight fuel transfer limpet module. You never know when someone close to you is in need.
The joke was related to all those "git gud" boys around that like it rough and manual. ;)
Cheers!

Don't stress over it too much. It was just a joke. I have a hybrid car in real life with automatic gear. Here in Portugal, most of the cars sold are with manual shifting gear. But since I went auto, the manual gear feels too much primitive to me. It requires more maintenance, it stresses the car more, and wastes more fuel when in steep roads.
Anyway, in-game, if the slot was locked to auto-dock modules, I would simply accept it, but since the slot can be changed to something else, I always prefer to ditch DC and SC for something more useful, like a lightweight fuel transfer limpet module. You never know when someone close to you is in need.
The joke was related to all those "git gud" boys around that like it rough and manual. ;)
Cheers!
Yeah my post was supposed to be ironic as well towards the shame-cult in general :)🍻

Edit: For some strange reason one of the things I really like on this planet is a vintage motorcycle with stick shift and suicide clutch. If it has manual adjustment for the ignition timing on the handlebar, I'm almost in heaven.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Things that'll make operating with Wanted/Secretive Passengers much more easy :

- local Reputation!
You're multiple times more likely to be scanned at a place where you're Neutral as opposed to being Allied.

- Ship type
A DBX is far more likely to be scanned than i.e. an Anaconda (hidden variable tied to all Ships)

- Speed matters
Manual Docking while maintaining ~200m/sec approaching the Station makes it virtually impossible to ever get scanned, even if a Scan starts you'll pass the Slot before it can complete (passing slot = scanning Patrol NPC will abort and turn back around).
Docking Computer can work when Allied and flying a suitable Ship that doesn't draw alot of attention (i.e. Anaconda), but one can't rely on that.

- Heat Sink
Wanted Passengers onboard means you'll want at least one Heat Sink installed on the Ship. A deployed Heat Sink will require any scanning NPC to approach closer and very effectively stall a scan attempt for a short while. When used preemptively , Heat Sinks can provide a Stealth Approach and avoid Patrolling NPCs triggering an approach to scan.

- No Loitering /.Situational Awareness
When scanning i..e a Tourist Beacon or after entering Normal Space in any location, be extremely cautious of any Traffic spawning. Do immediate sample locks on all NPCs spawning to ensure it's noone possibly to scan you. Ship type very often gives this away.
When scanning a Tourist Beacon, keep the Ship moving and don't be a sitting duck. Have Ship move away from any suspicious NPCs that spawned and be ready for immediate egress when the job is done.

- The worst-case scenario : you're tasked to drop off Wanted or Secretive Passengers on a Planetary Base you have no Rep with, on a Planet with considerable Gravity
This is where stealthy approaches become mandatory, especially in slower Ships. Patrol Ships are extremely likely to pick you up from 4km already and attempt a scan.
Heat Sinks, Low-Level approach and a timed approach (inbetween the predictable Authority NPC patterns) are the key to success.
Inexperienced CMDRs should not accept Missions to such Destinations with Wanted/Secretive PAX onboard, since they can be quite difficult and easily require multiple docking attempts.

Top Bottom