Notice A statement on cheating in Elite Dangerous.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It is possible, mathematically, now make it happen, just to prove it.
That is going to be a boring clip to watch. :D

You can build a sensible imp Cutter to carry over 500tons. So 10,000, is only 20 trips. It you have the credits for the Cutter, (700mill) you also have the credits, to buy the stock at 100,000 for 10 tons. So 10,000 tons is not that difficult.

Well out of my own league, but if I doing P/P I would only need to move 750, max per week. In open play of course.

Well, NORTHPIN says he can one hop 5,000 tons in a Cutter in an hour. I want to see him do it.

If the Star Ports are 250ish ls or closer from the star, I can get out of, 1 hop, dock, buy product, leave and hop back and land at the same port in 12 minutes on a sort of hurry.

I am 95% sure he (or anyone else) can not accrue 5,000 tons in an hour, with an Imperial Cutter, with 720 tons of cargo, or more a trip. Hell, I wanna see him do it in 8 minutes like he claims.

That is going to be a boring clip to watch. :D

You can build a sensible imp Cutter to carry over 500tons. So 10,000, is only 20 trips. It you have the credits for the Cutter, (700mill) you also have the credits, to buy the stock at 100,000 for 10 tons. So 10,000 tons is not that difficult.

Well out of my own league, but if I doing P/P I would only need to move 750, max per week. In open play of course.

I have a handle on it.

I'm in Colonia atm, but on Friday (before leaving to colonia in the evening) i did 12000t by doing roundtrips of 6 to 8 jumps, ferrying 720t insulated per trip to Shana and whatever gave some profit on the return trip
But if i would do the race, i would pick Carson Terminal in Kehperagwe, only 17 ls from drop point, still more than 500000 superconductors in stock.
I'm quite confident a trip can be done in 8-9 minutes with no distractions.
Edit: Kehperagwe is only one jump away for my fully ladden Cutter

If i manage to get back to bubble in time i will some runs.

Last edited:
I'm in Colonia atm, but on Friday (before leaving to colonia in the evening) i did 12000t by doing roundtrips of 6 to 8 jumps, ferrying 720t insulated per trip to Shana and whatever gave some profit on the return trip
But if i would do the race, i would pick Carson Terminal in Kehperagwe, only 17 ls from drop point, still more than 500000 superconductors in stock.
I'm quite confident a trip can be done in 8-9 minutes with no distractions.
Edit: Kehperagwe is only one jump away for my fully ladden Cutter

If i manage to get back to bubble in time i will some runs.

Can someone explain what is here to proof?
In a thread titled "A statement on cheating in Elite Dangerous."? Where Fdev confirmed that cheating is something they are seriously looking on?

Can someone explain what is here to proof?
In a thread titled "A statement on cheating in Elite Dangerous."? Where Fdev confirmed that cheating is something they are seriously looking on?

some dude is accusing the top ten commanders in hauling CG of cheating/botting by appling some unreasonable judgement and flawed math.
and this goes along nicely with "i lost, they must be cheating" that settled in since about 6-7 weeks.

some dude is accusing the top ten commanders in hauling CG of cheating/botting by appling some unreasonable judgement and flawed math.
and this goes along nicely with "i lost, they must be cheating" that settled in since about 6-7 weeks.
Good. This proofs the point that the silence of Frontier about what they do or not against cheating encourages distrust in the player base. And this is not good.

You should recognize that you and "some dude"(s) are falling victim to this.

Good. This proofs the point that the silence of Frontier about what they do or not against cheating encourages distrust in the player base. And this is not good.

You should recognize that you and "some dude"(s) are falling victim to this.

No, i'm saying that the I lost, they must be cheating hysteria is working as intended and whoever started it must be really proud of his PR skills.

No, i'm saying that the I lost, they must be cheating hysteria is working as intended and whoever started it must be really proud of his PR skills.

I'm sure there is a lot of that.

But if you are a player that regularly wins you will have the experience to be able to more reliably see when the scenario doesn't play out as expected. If you lost to a better player, a novel technique or a mistake of your own you can study a recording of the fight & see how you can improve your own technique next time and so on.

If you see someone with hull that never drops below 10% (for example) then you have to question that & wonder of you found a bug in the game, or if they were cheating or some other explanation.

Since it is known certain cheating methods exist, and they presumably have not been disabled, there is no way of knowing if it's true or not. Excluding extreme, easily noticeable cases of course, and apparently even then it often falls to the observer to record and report this. This effectively decreases trust in player interactions, and turns players to seek company of trusted players. It is a bad thing for open mode, since it would seem like it begins to operate like some privately run server, where only certain rules apply, but many other game rules are ignored. This in turn damages the reputation the game has. Of course there always exists cheating in video games, but developer should have a strong incentive to prevent it.

Since it is known certain cheating methods exist, and they presumably have not been disabled, there is no way of knowing if it's true or not. Excluding extreme, easily noticeable cases of course, and apparently even then it often falls to the observer to record and report this. This effectively decreases trust in player interactions, and turns players to seek company of trusted players. It is a bad thing for open mode, since it would seem like it begins to operate like some privately run server, where only certain rules apply, but many other game rules are ignored. This in turn damages the reputation the game has. Of course there always exists cheating in video games, but developer should have a strong incentive to prevent it.
Exactly.
The only thing we have is that we have to trust that the "developer has a strong incentive to prevent it" after this developer post.

For many this is not enough.

The only reason not giving some numbers or more detailed information (of course anonymized) is that Frontier probably has not a systematic hence professional approach to deal with the problem. I am going further: I believe that even the build and release process is not so well suited for an online multiplayer game. Incremental and frequent releases with little number of changes/bug fixes would help so much for nearly every issue this game currently has. If I look at the list of changes for the April release this could have been easily weekly or more releases. If not only changes of assets probably every release could change the memory layout and thus breaking cheat engine trainers, small changes in the HUD could break bots.

Even the current issue reporting system would make much more sense with fast and small updates as we would finally see what has been done and maybe because we have prioritized it according to the idea behind the issue tracker. As it is now it is maximal demotivating to report an issue as we just see nothing is progressing.

Aaah, it seems to be so fruitless to think and write about this. Those not engaging in the forum are really luckier than we are. I feel like a pupil in school engaged in something unfair happened and the teachers just don't listen and dismiss us. It is frustrating BECAUSE I love this game.

Well, NORTHPIN says he can one hop 5,000 tons in a Cutter in an hour. I want to see him do it.

If the Star Ports are 250ish ls or closer from the star, I can get out of, 1 hop, dock, buy product, leave and hop back and land at the same port in 12 minutes on a sort of hurry.

I am 95% sure he (or anyone else) can not accrue 5,000 tons in an hour, with an Imperial Cutter, with 720 tons of cargo, or more a trip. Hell, I wanna see him do it in 8 minutes like he claims.

Well, you were right. I could not do 5000t in one hour.

However, i did 5040t in 66 minutes. That is 7 runs of 720t each run.
Could be probably improved a bit since my first run looked like a Benny Hill show with me putting a big dent in the mail slot and canceling FSD charge twice instead of boosting :)
Also had to submit an interdiction and had to to a loop to avoid a second one in a later run.

Started at 19:28 in Carson Terminal and Finished the 7th run at 20:33 in Chu City
No movie, but a link with screenshots where the time can be seen

Of course, this does not mean there is no botting in CG.
It just prove that nice numbers can be pulled off if there is some determination.

Well, you were right. I could not do 5000t in one hour.

However, i did 5040t in 66 minutes. That is 7 runs of 720t each run.
Could be probably improved a bit since my first run looked like a Benny Hill show with me putting a big dent in the mail slot and canceling FSD charge twice instead of boosting :)
Also had to submit an interdiction and had to to a loop to avoid a second one in a later run.

Started at 19:28 in Carson Terminal and Finished the 7th run at 20:33 in Chu City
No movie, but a link with screenshots where the time can be seen

Of course, this does not mean there is no botting in CG.
It just prove that nice numbers can be pulled off if there is some determination.
....................and a mind numbing grind.

Grind? No - it was quite relaxing and funny at times.
The real Grind was me pushing Colonia engineers on Saturday and Sunday morning. That is like 5000 research points - which obviously might not be all mine, but most of them for sure.
That's true - it isn't like a 'regular' engineering trip to top up a module or two... engineering the same module over and again with different effects is no fun!
But we 'sticks dwellers' appreciate your effort (y)

Were they dropped the ball with this was not incorporating a SP mode for sad owd gits like me who have no wish to engage in any form of MP gameplay . Every MP game that has been released if it be console or PC has brought with it hacks cheats wall bangers aim bots and a multitude of other exploits ED is no different. But? at least a SP version would have been free from this type of behaviour.

Were they dropped the ball with this was not incorporating a SP mode for sad owd gits like me who have no wish to engage in any form of MP gameplay . Every MP game that has been released if it be console or PC has brought with it hacks cheats wall bangers aim bots and a multitude of other exploits ED is no different. But? at least a SP version would have been free from this type of behaviour.
Solo is effectively Single Player, sadly still requires being connected to the internet. But at least in solo there is only you and NPC's. No shame in playing there either. It is a bit more 'alive' as system chat is mode agnostic nowadays.

Get what your saying but should have been released a true SP so as any cheating etc does not effect the SP mode online games are rife with cheating and always have been and always will be . But it's sad the SP on ED which requires internet also falls foul of cheating due to its design and link to other online game modes . I wont let a few wombles spoil my enjoyment and let's be honest they soon run out of patience and move on to fraud on another game . I will stick to solo have no hankering to be involved in MP and all its aggro last thing I want is to be ranting at a TV screen because some fool can not play fairly .

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom