Give us a Re-arm ship like we had in Freespace,

Lestat

Banned
but you forget, modern airplanes go down from a single air-to-air missile, in Elite it takes at least 5 paper mache missiles to down anything. Elite's health pools increase all the time, damage to a lesser extent. But what that does is turn every battle into a grind feast to gather enough ammo just to see a combat zone mission to the end. And your argument to use lasers over ballistic weapons is indicative of how useless ammunition based weapons are becoming because of their limited lifespan. X2611 has a clever suggestion over the usual "boost my gun's DPS". So don't be a tool and lets give positive feedback or productive critique.
And yet you forgot. Modern airplanes are not armour Tanks in the sky So ya they would be easy to down by one single air to air Missile they have always been light. While Elite Dangerous ships There no gravity unless you are landing. So an Armour flying Tank is possible. Also the size of the ship matters.

but you forget, modern airplanes go down from a single air-to-air missile, in Elite it takes at least 5 paper mache missiles to down anything. Elite's health pools increase all the time, damage to a lesser extent. But what that does is turn every battle into a grind feast to gather enough ammo just to see a combat zone mission to the end.
Yes, that is a real problem. But much like the (quickly reverted) boost-cancelling drag change that rightly caused an outcry, this is an incomplete solution with troublesome unintentional consequences, to a problem that really calls out for a systemic solution. This proposal wreaks weapon balancing through different-sized ammo pools, and in return only addresses part of the problem. It does nothing for excessive TTK, for instance.

What we need is a offense/defense rebalance that deals with the extreme hitpoint inflation at the high end, while still keeping it easy for low-end builds to boost their defenses out of paper-plane territory. Diminishing returns for stacked HRPs and shield boosters, for a start.

If there was a proper anti-capital use for torpedoes, that would probably be the time to bring in a resupply ship.

I guess it's time for some proper anti-capital ship missions. I haven't even encountered the ones that are supposedly in the game. Where do you find those?

I guess it's time for some proper anti-capital ship missions. I haven't even encountered the ones that are supposedly in the game. Where do you find those?
Civilian megaships can be found in various systems (some of them move) and sometimes generate attack/defend scenarios if you hang around them long enough. Firepower similar to a Faustus, or a FS1 Fenris.

High-intensity Combat Zones with a Federation or Imperial participating faction will often have a capital ship show up, which the other side will want you to drive off. They're unfortunately - especially the Imperial ones - just not that tough by the standards of current player ships. Firepower similar to a FS2 cruiser, perhaps.

High-intensity Combat Zones with a Federation or Imperial participating faction will often have a capital ship show up, which the other side will want you to drive off. They're unfortunately - especially the Imperial ones - just not that tough by the standards of current player ships. Firepower similar to a FS2 cruiser, perhaps.
Indeed, those scenarios are a lot of fun visually, but not especially difficult. I recently drove off an Imperial Interdictor with a DBX. Admittedly I definitely needed the DPS of my engineered weapons to do it in a reasonable timeframe, but it wasn't technically challenging. Just stuck close enough that the big guns can't get a shot, and nobody else could shoot me without hitting the capital ship.

Top Bottom