General Gameplay Make All Ground Types Available Everywhere

I've been enjoying the 1.8 update so far and I'm still working on completing the Claire Missions but, could the ground types be made available across all of the islands?
With options as subtle as grass and avocado grass (dirt) and rock, they don't really compare to the more prominent options like sand and shale.
To be completely honest, shale looks like it should have just been labelled as Gravel.

I don't know if this is something that unlocks after completing the missions or if its just something that wasn't really thought about until after the fact but, having all of the options available across the board would be a bit more interesting and open so many new doors when it comes to creating unique paddocks.

Maybe further down the line, we could get more options like mud or withered leaves (similar to the ones in the redwood forests).
Of course, new tree types are still something I'm hoping to see in the future (as many of us probably still are) but, I think the game is starting to move in an even better direction to one day having the parks of our dreams ♥
3ArP95p.jpg

They said they can't do this because it's a technical restriction. But, that's not to say that it will not ever happen at anytime in the far future.

It is supposed to be a management game, and have those kinds of restrictions?, we can not have a big map (thanks to the xbox and ps4) I can understand a bit, but not being able to put sand and dirt in the mode sanbox? it's really ridiculous

A happy solution, just make a second sandbox map with all the ground types. It's not a bad idea. I would love more than one sandbox.

Better still, completely re-make Isla Nublar so we don't have to suffer stupid limitations and playing the very same sector over and over again 🙏

Well then... better say goodbye to your corrupt save files then!

If that means a whole better game experience does it matter at all? With new implementations such as the Greenhouses, fish feeders, Jurassic Tour and likely more to come you would have to demolish and rebuilt most of your park anyway.

Well, we got Sand on Nublar now but, I'm far more interested in shale being widely available across all the islands since its really just gravel.

The fact they added sand to Nublar without replacing the water around it is a good indicator that adding more terrains is a probably a possibility generally. Any future terrains in general would be nice to have in sandbox, though I'm not sure if it's more effort than it's worth to have it for all islands.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed that ALL the islands except Pena use Sand as their alternative ground type and not Shale (gravel).
There's only so much you can do with sand and shale is infinitely more interesting because its literally just gravel.

I get that sand is present on the islands that featured sandy beaches like Muerta, Muerta East, and Sanctuary but, Sorna, Tacano, and Nublar North could have had gravel/shale.
Especially Sorna and Tacano.

Tacano I expected to have shale since it has a coastal area just like Pena's with its rocky cliffs and partially submerged seastacks (and the complete and utter lack of beach areas). On top all that, its more a swampy map than a beach-y map.

As for Sorna, there weren't even any beaches visible on the outer ling areas and any small and sparse ones that did exist are not even present on the map to begin with (which is why I was expecting the gravel for a more Sorna feel that we were come to expect from the Lost World setting).

And when it comes to Nublar North, its a mountainous craggy area with cliffs and marshes and yet we got more sand instead of gravel to compliment to lava shelves that were implied to exist all around the outside area of the park.

I'm truly hoping that we're not going to get some excuse that 'there can only be this many types of terrain types on the map and adding another or swapping out the sand with gravel could break literally anything' cause that was something that should have been considered before tacking sand onto every map.

I know this might sound like a mountain out of a mole hill scenario but, at this point, I'm just really tired of sand. It's coarse, rough, and it gets everywhere.

From the developer live stream, I got the impression from Richard that 4 (the current) is the maximum amount of terrains you can have on a map, I don't recall the exact wording, but you might want to give it a watch yourself.

It doesn't seem to rule out the possibility of maps with other terrains in the future, though I wouldn't be surprised if they too were limited to 4 terrains.

Well then... better say goodbye to your corrupt save files then!

So, now the new update is live, I feel like asking again. Has anyone been able to port their previous sandbox park to a current sandbox save?

No? Well, it would have been better to rework everything, then, and call it a day, since we have to rebuild our parks anyway "-.-

There is really no point in wanting to preserve all saves if they hump so severily future additions and corrections. JWE has enough limits already.

So, now the new update is live, I feel like asking again. Has anyone been able to port their previous sandbox park to a current sandbox save?

No? Well, it would have been better to rework everything, then, and call it a day, since we have to rebuild our parks anyway "-.-

There is really no point in wanting to preserve all saves if they hump so severily future additions and corrections. JWE has enough limits already.
I've never had issues loading previous saves and I'm still confused where this concern that it would corrupt saves came from.
On top of that, building parks is a big part of the fun so I don't really see a problem.
But if nuking my saves is what it'll take to get a Sorna, Tacano, and Nublar North to look like this, then I wouldn't hesitate to nuke them twice if I had to.
OV7xxDT.png

DRFqzBR.png

Plus, shale/gravel looks far more interesting than Sand and its snubbing only makes its appeal more enticing.

Top Bottom