Quick Draw: We need to shoot through hitboxes

Hello,

I'm directing this post to the devs of PC. I want to pass on some disappointment and feedback when it comes to Quick Draw and The Ghostbusters Experience.

Firstly, I was really excited about the prospects of these rides and I think you guys have done a great job designing/building them but I am very sad to see that targets cannot be shot by the player when they're placed within the large hitboxes of animatronics, nor when they're behind them either.

This has stopped me from realising any of my ideas for my Quick Draw ride which had targets placed behind trap doors, behind moving spiked logs and within the mouth of a stationary alligator (and so on). It's really limiting. I can understand why it is the way it is on a technical level but in this instance, I think you need to break the game a little bit in order to make these rides/experience fun. It holds back our creativity (which is contrary to what the rest of the game does in other areas).

All the best,
Chris

Looking forward to seeing your ideas turn into rides!

I gather the problem you have raised has now been fixed. I've not bought the Ghostbusters DLC yet, but plan to soon.

Looking forward to seeing your ideas turn into rides!

I gather the problem you have raised has now been fixed. I've not bought the Ghostbusters DLC yet, but plan to soon.

I haven’t seen a fix in any of the patch notes.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hitchecks of scenery can now be disabled per shooting ride, meaning that scenery won't block shooting on targets when those targets are (partially) obstructed by scenery.

This was explained in detail by Producer Lloyd Morgan-Moore during yesterday's Planet Coaster livestream.

This is mentioned in the update notes, quoted below;

• Added the option to switch off scenery hitchecks, meaning you can place targets inside other items such as in the mouths of crocodiles or inside of wrecked vehicles.

Ah brill.

Well in that case, a massive thank you to the dev team for doing this. That’s great and fast work too.

Yaaaaaas

Top Bottom