Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Expedition

My main CMDR is still out in the void, on the way back from DW2, but I have an alt still in the bubble, which I think I will use to sign up instead. Is that okay, assuming it's not too late already?
You can certainly sign up with your alt account. Sign up is still open! :)

This ^ is correct. The only "reqiurement" (and even that's only if you want the patch on EDSM) is to sign up on EDSM and hit all the waypoints laid out for the expedition by the end date.
Ahhh i'm not on EDSM (console under-race), and never bothered joining when they added some support.

Some screenies from the informal pre-expedition meetup on Saturday.

2019-06-29%2018-00-36%20Pomeche.jpg

2019-06-29%2018-06-12%20Pomeche.jpg

2019-06-29%2018-11-10%20Pomeche.jpg

2019-06-29%2018-05-55%20Pomeche.jpg

2019-06-29%2018-11-27%20Pomeche.jpg

2019-06-29%2019-35-18%20Pomeche.jpg

2019-06-29%2019-57-41%20Pomeche_2.jpg

You can track your progress on EDSM by uploading your player journals.

I docked last night in the Witch Head Science Centre in HIP 23759. Uploaded my journals. Still shows zero percent progress. What on earth did I do wrong? I think I'm choking on my crayons or something.

Don't think it will start logging your progress until the expedition starts on 6th of July. take a look at the numbers in the start waypoint its slowly counting up at moment. Showing amount of players lurking in or around witchhead science centre.

Well I've set off early.
I'd never be able to catch up in my low jump range Cobra III if I left it any longer.
I'm going to Lavecon on Saturday and even if I got back earlier than expected I'll be required to talk with Mrs Sticks.
Currently sitting near the Nebula's Heart Tourist Beacon.

I just left my homesystem Valtys to reach the first waypoint. On the second jump I get hyperdicted in HIP 17158. This is going to be fun out there :)

Been to the witchead science centre and docked and it doesn't show me as having completed the 1st waypoint, is there a planet you have to land on?

Im on ps4 and have the console updater running, which worked on dw2 as long as you went exactly where the waypoint was set to be

Last edited:
Been to the witchead science centre and docked and it doesn't show me as having completed the 1st waypoint, is there a planet you have to land on?

Im on ps4 and have the console updater running, which worked on dw2 as long as you went exactly where the waypoint was set to be
Don't think your progress will be logged until tomorrow, as i said to @Longhunter55 above

Looks like I can't make the Saturday launch meetups, but I should be able to get to one of the Sunday meetups this weekend.

Perhaps we should have a 'where were you when Apollo 11 landed on the moon'? - I was on a Shell oil tanker in the Atlantic en-route to Trinidad :cool:
edit: just realised age is relevant here … :eek:
I sat at home and watched it on TV. In the wait for them to step out onto the moon I went for a walk to 'wake up'. I got pulled over by the Police as it was around 3.30 am (forget exact time). I got back home in time to watch those first steps :)

I'm having a tiny bit of trouble plotting a route to HIP 23759. My alt is still very new and so far my jump range is only 11ly. Are there any waypoints I can use to get there? I'm currently at Obsidian Orbital. I hope I won't have to pull out of this event.

Top Bottom