PvP THE END OF THE GRIEFER OF WYRD AFTER 2000 VICTIMS

Rather than making a new thread I'll ask in here as all the well informed are frequenting it.

Is it viable to run 4 Rails and 1 PA on the FDL rather than 3PA's and 2 rails?

The deliberately lawful side of things offering less gameplay incentive is probably a big part of any such demographic trend.
I'm not sure about this as I've never seen the lawful side do particularly well in any game I've played.
If part of a video game is 'escape' it isn't much of an escape to have to play by the rules (of society) and so pirating, etc. is inherently attractive.

I've raised kids - I don't want to have to be a cop in the game as well.

ryan_m

Banned
Sure, you, best pilot in the galaxy, have spoken and what you say is always true :LOL:

He's right though. Please refer to my screenshots with Akuma and Arguendo admitting it to each other.

Rather than making a new thread I'll ask in here as all the well informed are frequenting it.

Is it viable to run 4 Rails and 1 PA on the FDL rather than 3PA's and 2 rails?

4 rails/1 PA will be really spicy. You could run 4 medium rails and a lightweight gimballed thermal vent beam and be nice and cool while you're fighting.

ryan_m

Banned
I take it the thermal vent effect on both cascade and pen wouldn't be enough?

There's no vent effect on those weps, they just have a lower thermal load than standard rails. If you pip manage really well you can probably make it work, but if you don't, you're gonna cook.

When your shields break, you turn off your HD boosters. No point in having them since it will just take 2x as long to rebuild from broken just to have worse resists anyways.

I knew I'd heard something like this ages ago and now I know what it was. Finally I have learned something from an arguethread.

Man, I want this game back.

l-29876-when-you-order-something-online-vs-when-it-arrives.jpg

When your shields break, you turn off your HD boosters. No point in having them since it will just take 2x as long to rebuild from broken just to have worse resists anyways.
A while ago I wondered about "what if I were to set my priorities up such that when I turn my SCBs on, the HD boosters shut off" but then I realised I couldn't be bothered with that level of tweakery

He's right though. Please refer to my screenshots with Akuma and Arguendo admitting it to each other.

4 rails/1 PA will be really spicy. You could run 4 medium rails and a lightweight gimballed thermal vent beam and be nice and cool while you're fighting.

Ah, that's the mod on beams you did not want to disclose at the exegious pvp roundtable :)

Then you use SCBs to prolong the battle into eternity.

You normally use the SCBs before shields collapse.

A while ago I wondered about "what if I were to set my priorities up such that when I turn my SCBs on, the HD boosters shut off" but then I realised I couldn't be bothered with that level of tweakery

If you have SCBs and HD boosters I'd recommend keeping shields topped up and start disabling boosters once you're out, then leave them off until you win, escape, or explode.

I still think that boosters would be in a way better place if they boosted regen rate instead of raw strength

health pools would be pretty effectively capped in a place where they could be balanced (since devs would be able to definitely say "this ship has this many MJ for a shield of a given size") and the effectiveness of booster-stacking would be limited by the distro draw, once your sys cap bottoms out there's no amount of extra boosters that will help you

Ah, that's the mod on beams you did not want to disclose at the exegious pvp roundtable :)
Huge fixed beams with thermal vent are simply awesome on FDLs and Vettes. Perhaps they are not the meta choice, but they are so much fun to use. The amount of heat vented scales with the amount of heat used, so efficient would vent the least amount of heat.

Can you, or anyone else tell me why lightweight is better for this over efficient or long range?

Can you, or anyone else tell me why lightweight is better for this over efficient or long range?
The amount of heat vented scales with the amount heat generated by the laser. A lightweight mod will generate more heat than an efficient so therefore it will dispel more heat from your ship than the efficient. The lightweight mod is also better because you get more speed. I'm too lazy to engineer so I kept my efficient mod instead of lightweight. Efficient works well enough for me.... but then I am comparatively a "bad" pvper. lmao

:)

Top Bottom