PvP THE END OF THE GRIEFER OF WYRD AFTER 2000 VICTIMS

That will control the heat load of SCBs most effectively, but it also telegraphs the second SCB, which will be feedback cascaded into near nothingness, even if they are too slow to catch the first one.

Unless I know I'm not facing feedback cascade, I'll either make sure I've got enough sinks for each charge, or simply take some heat damage...dumping both charges simultaneously and being sent to ~200% heat is usually much safer than losing the second charge.

Well i may be missing something, see - probably, but they cant tell for at least the first 2 right? They would need information to read before downloading the SCB strat first?

Also, banking twice at the same time doesnt reveal notify the attacker, it just does the same shimer shield effect? So to the attacker it could be one, two, three whatever SCBs?

These are questions not statements.

Ps. I double banked on a corvette anyway, any bank was more than likey to get cascaded if they had rails. Its a giant floating space bassa fillet.

Honestly, if you’re up against someone competent there’s a good chance you’re gonna be spammed with feedback no matter what you do.

If the visual effect of shield banks is happening, I’m gonna keep poking you with rails if I think you’re dumping more banks.

Well i may be missing something, see - probably, but they cant tell for at least the first 2 right? They would need information to read before downloading the SCB strat first?

Also, banking twice at the same time doesnt reveal notify the attacker, it just does the same shimer shield effect? So to the attacker it could be one, two, three whatever SCBs?

These are questions not statements.

Ps. I double banked on a corvette anyway, any bank was more than likey to get cascaded if they had rails. Its a giant floating space bassa fillet.

In general, if a cascade rail opponent sees that spool up visual, they are going to lay into you with their rails until they see the charge shimmer stop. They don't know how big your SCBs are or what the spool time is for them, but they will usually know if you've got more than one bank and that unless your shields are already full, letting you get another off would be detrimental to them. It's not always easy to distinguish the spool up from the charge either, and in the heat of combat most won't care unless they are really trying to conserve ammo for some reason (they are still shooting you, so usually not much reason to be too stingy).

Basically, no one is particualrly reading any strat other than perhaps noting how many heatsink launchers you've got relative to your SCBs. It's just shimmer = cycle railguns.

Even a vette can get off SCBs a fair amount of time. It's not particularly hard against a single large ship, unless the pilot is quite good, and even against multiple medium vessels you can often get a window to bank by distracting opponents or forcing them to break away with superior firepower (sometimes simultaneously). A wing of skilled CMDRs who all of feedback cascade will probably partially stall most of your SCB charges, but do it right and only really overwhelming opposition will get every one. Banking in as rapid succession as possible, or only one at a time, will usually improve the recharge you end up getting vs. trying to wrap two charges around one heatsink use.

MRPs don't absorb damage done by high ship temperature.

I'd still rather lose two-percent off each module than turn a three-second window to feedback my SCB charges to into an eight-second one.

Bummer, FD should make an efford to make MRPs worth the slot.

What is pvp community view on using premium heatsinks:):):)?

I don't know, but if I had to guess, I'd think most would consider burning protoheat radiators to save trivial amount of module damage a non-issue either way.

I'd also imagine that heatsink synthesis in combat is relatively rare, given that it can be interrupted just as easily as, and is more rarely a necessity than, ammunition synthesis.

Yeah, even basic synths of chaff/sinks take ages. Kinda useless when stuff is going down.

Can’t say I care if people use premo countermeasures tbh.

Can you shoot people with those?
It's combat non lethal equipment that gives edge after all, i rarely have 2scb+HS under 1 fire group because of heat damage(it's probably a mistake), it leaves me open for cascades, technically jeopardising hundreds of mj's of my shields. Assuming i have unlimited materials for synth i could fire 1 in SC just to synth premiums for rest, in most scenarios it doesn't matter, but i could imagine krait with 2 SR PA's and 2 c6 scb's where a bit less heat damage taken during banking could affect outcome.

Premium Heat Sync

30% heat dispersion is way too strong. One time, I was being chased in an ice ring. So I popped 3 at once in my Corvette and I turned into a giant iceberg. My persuer thought I was just another asteroid so they flew right past me.

I thought I was real clever until a deep core miner came along thinking I was full of void opals. Let me tell you, you aint seen OP until you've seen seismic charge strats.

Last edited:
Premium Heat Sync

30% heat dispersion is way too strong. One time, I was being chased in an ice ring. So I popped 3 at once in my Corvette and I turned into a giant iceberg. My persuer thought I was just another astroid so they flew right past me.

I thought I was real clever until a deep core miner came along thinking I was full of void opals. Let me tell you, you aint seen OP until you've seen seismic charge strats.

I mean, at least you didn't fire all your railguns and become a sun.

Falter

Banned
"I think not" - Wargfoot (forum warrior)
"The only thing to fear, is fear itself. Oh...and Gunships." -FalterXV89 (
unknown.png
)

Top Bottom