Update 1.8.3 Out Now!

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

A new update is available for Jurassic World Evolution right now! Update 1.8.3 introduces a new addition to your sandbox island. One of the key points we've seen upon reading your feedback was that you'd like sand to be available on Isla Nublar, but there were some technical obstacles in the way which meant many of our solutions would not have been safe to implement. We're pleased to say though, the team have been working hard since update 1.8 launched and have found a way to add sand on Isla Nublar without causing issues to your existing islands!

Along with the addition of sand on Isla Nublar, we have a range of fixes for bugs that you've reported since update 1.8 released.

Thank you all for your reports, feedback and support.

Release Notes
  • Added sand to Isla Nublar sandbox
  • Fixed crash caused by vehicle task queues
  • Fixed crash from loading older saves
  • Fixed crash caused by delayed autosaves
  • Fixed "Executive Treatment" achievement (players will need to re-attempt this achievement from the start of Mission 3, but it will now unlock correctly)
  • Fixed Challenge Menu focusing issue
  • Fixed contract item progress placement issues
  • Fixed Ranger/ACU names bleeding out of UI
  • Fixed Indoraptor sometimes not eating from carnivore feeders
  • Fixed carnivores to eat from carcasses they haven't just hunted.
  • Fixed piscivores using the wrong feeding animation when eating from carcasses
  • Removed visibility cone from the Greenhouse

Yay!!! Sand!!!
Btw, I'm confused by this one.
  • Fixed "Executive Treatment" achievement (players will need to re-attempt this achievement from the start of Mission 3, but it will now unlock correctly)
I already completed that achievement, does that mean I need to re-unlock this?

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
Yay!!! Sand!!!
Btw, I'm confused by this one.
I already completed that achievement, does that mean I need to re-unlock this?

If you unlocked the achievement already you'll still have it. You'll only need to do it again if the achievement did not unlock for you.

If you unlocked the achievement already you'll still have it. You'll only need to do it again if the achievement did not unlock for you.
Ooohhh.. okayy, thanks Steggs, was worried about that, since I played through Claire's Campaign twice, 2nd try was just to get that achievement.

Huge thank you! I am going to love having sand on Nublar! Your work is greatly appreciated Devs! Looking forward to the next small and big DLCs!

What no shale on Nublar?! Rise up my dino park brothers!!!

Just kidding. This is certainly a welcome addition. Only I'm serious. Sand and shale on every island would be great. I understand that Pena needs it's own unique feel, but I don't do Pena enough to really enjoy shale

Wait what? I don't understand the point here?
Good point. If that's what I think it means, it means that carnivores will eat from carcasses more than once (or in this case, if you have two Giga's they'll eat from the same carcass). If this is true, then it improves the realism of more natural environments.

Hi everyone,

A new update is available for Jurassic World Evolution right now! Update 1.8.3 introduces a new addition to your sandbox island. One of the key points we've seen upon reading your feedback was that you'd like sand to be available on Isla Nublar, but there were some technical obstacles in the way which meant many of our solutions would not have been safe to implement. We're pleased to say though, the team have been working hard since update 1.8 launched and have found a way to add sand on Isla Nublar without causing issues to your existing islands!

Along with the addition of sand on Isla Nublar, we have a range of fixes for bugs that you've reported since update 1.8 released.

Thank you all for your reports, feedback and support.

Release Notes
  • Added sand to Isla Nublar sandbox
  • Fixed crash caused by vehicle task queues
  • Fixed crash from loading older saves
  • Fixed crash caused by delayed autosaves
  • Fixed Challenge Menu focusing issue
  • Fixed contract item progress placement issues
  • Fixed Ranger/ACU names bleeding out of UI
  • Fixed Indoraptor sometimes not eating from carnivore feeders
  • Fixed carnivores to eat from carcasses they haven't just hunted.
  • Fixed piscivores using the wrong feeding animation when eating from carcasses
  • Removed visibility cone from the Greenhouse
You’ll need the ankylosaurus vivid skin for everyone to have it

Top Bottom