SLF & SRV outfitting & engineering

I'm all for more variants and more outfitting options.

No to anything related to the current Engineers.
I find that entire concept disingenuous and a waste, despite recent improvements. I know DB probably directed how it would work, with his "Vietnam helicopter field engineer" concept he heard from some soldier or read about once. But in a galaxy of trillions of inhabitants that idea of a single human in the far future high-tech society being the only one that can tweak a jump drive for more range at a cost of heat and only can do that if you run 18 missions for them - well that is just a lack of imagination and frankly is unbelievable. More likely that a player could be rewarded with a higher-tech "military jump drive" or something similar that isn't on the regular market and doesn't involve fetch-questing mats from space wrecks.

Oh, and when we get new SRV models, how about something more futuristic that lacks wheels? That work like the current drones guarding bases and space-ships? In the year 3300 with these tech marvels floating about bases everywhere, we explore low-gravity worlds on wheels. Maybe high-g worlds would make sense that different vehicles are required and that would add something extra to the game for me (also not every ship should be able to land on a high-g world as the thrusters are currently OP beyond belief to allow that).

I have no firm opinions on SLFs, but it seems reasonable to allow more emergent play than we currently have with them.

For SRVs I think engineering the bay to be lightweight, or to be able to manufacture replacements would be an excellent QoL feature, for the Scarab itself more options to optimise the power distributor (whether by synthesis or engineering) would be welcome.

No.

Do not touch the SLF+SRVs, They are fine just as they are.

And please, for the sake of sanity, no more engineering.

Same here. SLFs are already powerful enough. We don't need yet another level or meta game and power creep. More available variants, e.g. the mentioned one with abrasion blaster, sounds more reasonable. That one would add something new to the game and thus could be useful.

In contrast, engineering SLFs would not add any variety. It would be just more of the same of the current engineers: grind to unlock, grind to gather materials, upgrade. What you have it the very same as before, just better. No gained gameplay, no gained variety, pure power creep. Worthless.

I'd love a mining SLF but don't think any changes need to be made to how they work as they are meant to be disposable craft and imo outfitting/engineering makes no scene with disposable craft.

dxm55

Banned
Oh, and when we get new SRV models, how about something more futuristic that lacks wheels? That work like the current drones guarding bases and space-ships? In the year 3300 with these tech marvels floating about bases everywhere, we explore low-gravity worlds on wheels. Maybe high-g worlds would make sense that different vehicles are required and that would add something extra to the game for me (also not every ship should be able to land on a high-g world as the thrusters are currently OP beyond belief to allow that).

Exactly. That's why I said there should be 3 types of SRVs. The current wheeled one.

A heavier tracked version. And a light and fragile, but fast hover, or skimmer version.

Exactly. That's why I said there should be 3 types of SRVs. The current wheeled one.

A heavier tracked version. And a light and fragile, but fast hover, or skimmer version.

Don't forget the four or six legged SRV mech. Also note that next to speed and health, we can have parameters like cargo capacity, firepower (turret with only 1 barrel vs. a quad barrel turret) or traction. (Means, different propulsion might work better on different surfaces. We already have solid rock, sand, rubble, ice and some variations in between. )

Plenty of parameters to play with, thus plenty of SRV options possible to provide. :)
(And @FD: note that it would be different models. So you could sell paintjobs for all of them... :D )

Top Bottom