Got my first Cyclops solo :)

Also note: caustic damage burns off at 280% (i thinks) heat. so if you dont have decon, which i never do, and you get hit by caustic missile or cloud, silent running and sneeze with the gauss burns it right out.
+1000 cool pts for shooting caustic missile down with flak.

You can do that with flak? That is cool! :)

Also note: caustic damage burns off at 280% (i thinks) heat. so if you dont have decon, which i never do, and you get hit by caustic missile or cloud, silent running and sneeze with the gauss burns it right out.
That will do massive module damage if you get your ship that hot! Caustic damage is removed once you go over about 155% for several seconds or so.

Caustic burns off at approx 180-210, 280 is a bit steep! Don’t get me wrong, i have been that high myself due to forgetting i turned on silent running😁

o7

I've just realised I didn't answer some of your earlier questions from post #26.

1. Re Xeno scanner, it would be nice to have, especially for the interceptors, but it's not necessary & it takes up a slot I otherwise use for a shld booster.
2. Any disadvantages to guardian boosters? Or their cls5 shld gen? (I assume gen, your post wasn't clear).
3. FA off alone is usually enough to get me out of trouble in my mk2*, not as quickly of course, but it also means I don't have to travel back 15-20 kms to get back into the fight. Again an SDFN would be nice to have, but it's another wasted slot. I've gotten pretty good at hitting FA off the moment the goid makes the pre EMP noise :).
*On the very rare occasions I have drifted straight into the ceptor! lol, once was a glancing blow & I kept most of my speed & took little shld damage, the other I nearly ground to a halt & took a beating! lol ;)
4. Decon handy in NHSS solo if you forget about the lethal caustic cloud! :D
5. Hull dies before modules, unless I overheat my ship too much, which I usually don't now. AMFU not needed for a medium ship IMO, unless you synth ammo to keep on fighting.
6. Not too much of an issue having no flak against a Cyclops solo, or interceptors in AX CZ as long as their are other ships to take some of the flak.... err damage! ;), would be essential against Basi & above in solo, but I don't do that anyway.
Cheers Assimilator1, always good to get others thoughts o7

Re 3, I once FA off'd into the waiting arms of a Hydra and it's swarm that I didn't even know it was in the instance. An intense and brief embrace

Lol, fair enough, I know what you mean :), & yes it does take a few seconds, which feels like an eternity if you've had multiple caustic missile hits or flown through the death cloud of an interceptor!

Death cloud being far far worse!

In other news i am gonna take my new Krait Phantom for a spin presently. I would say it is 96% there, but i can no longer not shoot aliens. Been flying round the engineers, had enough now.

She does 577ms boost, hoping that can get me out of trouble just as quick as i get myself into it. Provisionally called “nothing to see here”, but i also like “oddball express”!

First stop, cyclops, then see how it works out v basillisk....

o7

Top Bottom