The REAL grind in the Alliance CG

The drop off is at Judson Station...which in this CMDR's bookmarks is just one below Jacques. So every time I scroll down too fast and misclick, I have to watch that little orange cursor go all the way to Colonia and back.

<yamiks voice> Thuh guh-rriiiinnnneee-duh </yamiks voice>

đŸ˜‡

rename the bookmark by adding a "." as the first character until the CG is over. it will show up as the first one on your list.
images

you forgot the most important one - QUANTITY. we need like 50x higher limit.

I remember when EVE-Online had to change the way people jumped to the warpgates because everyone and their mum realized you could make an "insta-jump" bookmark by flying 15km passed the gate and bookmarking that exact spot then jumping to it instead of the real gate. Meaning travel time was cut in half and gate camps by bad guys ended up being 90% easier to get past.

Peoples bookmark folders ended up containing tens of thousands of bookmarks as people traded them between corp members, bought them from pilots and created them personally.

The EVE servers became so clogged with these bookmarks it slowed the game down. o_O

I remember when EVE-Online had to change the way people jumped to the warpgates because everyone and their mum realized you could make an "insta-jump" bookmark by flying 15km passed the gate and bookmarking that exact spot then jumping to it instead of the real gate. Meaning travel time was cut in half and gate camps by bad guys ended up being 90% easier to get past.

Peoples bookmark folders ended up containing tens of thousands of bookmarks as people traded them between corp members, bought them from pilots and created them personally.

The EVE servers became so clogged with these bookmarks it slowed the game down. o_O
One of my jobs on Eve was to create these bookmarks for my corp!
I was the best at it, and my naming convention made it super simple.
Even started selling them to other players. Lol

meh - all that you can do yourself with a prefix code.

you forgot the most important one - QUANTITY. we need like 50x higher limit.
Prefix to group.
Then procedurally generated system name.
Aaaand you’re out of characters.

Prefixes are a bad kludge for what should be great UI.

BOOKMARKS!

Oh My God, Frontier, it’s like forever, can we get a QOL pass on bookmarks?

Basic basic stuff.
Colours.
Groups.
Folders. Filters.
I believe that with any possible QOL improvements players will be able to make a mess with own bookmarks and still keep moaning.

I set my market compare to Macdonald hub in HR 5451. Now every time a vist Macdonald station I select superconductors then press right, confirm, down, down , right, confirm and back, then buy superconductors. All from one screen takes less than 5 seconds and everything is ready for launch. I works the same way at CG station, just select the resonators instead.

Good god that brings back memories.

I set my market compare to Macdonald hub in HR 5451. Now every time a vist Macdonald station I select superconductors then press right, confirm, down, down , right, confirm and back, then buy superconductors. All from one screen takes less than 5 seconds and everything is ready for launch. I works the same way at CG station, just select the resonators instead.

I love how you have optimized those seconds and then you still have to wait for the landing pad to turn and do the 160k ls cruise. :D

I put the prefix ZZENG in front of all Engineer bases, puts them in a block way down at the bottom.

Zende didn't break my system, but if I ever find a place called Zzyzygy or similar, I'll have a rethink.

Deleted member 38366

D
I take it Alliance CG Traders should also equip SuperCruise Assist.

When overspeeding upto about 3sec ETA and then letting the SCA take over, it'll still result in a safe disengage at the Destination even if still at ludicrous speed.
Almost works like a Wing Beacon, although one shouldn't overdo it (2sec ETA tests on distant Signal Sources were partly unsuccessful or shifted the dropin point upto 4-5km).

Should shave a Minute or so from the trip.

PS.
It's scary though xD
Works - but scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom