JWE 2

The Official word is given:

Source: https://youtu.be/ULFAEnoc5jA

Source: https://youtu.be/NAlumwoxx_c

If only some variety of fights like this at times though be better if chomped through the neck. :) TREX! TREX! TREX! :) Check this out as they did a pretty good job of putting this together :)
____

JWE has come a long way since launch but knowing that it is still limited due to the foundation it started with. I am enjoying the game but like many. I wanted more and the best way to get its possible full potential. It is, to look to possible JWE2 that is rumored to release in 2021 with the third JW film installment. So coming to wonder what that would look like if built on the foundation of JWE. I'm asking what would we want.

First: What would I like to be carried over from JWE?

Simple answer would be all the animals including hybrids. That way, in the base game, you have over 60+ animals to enjoy at the beginning. Terrain tools to be carried over. All the buildings and structures can be improved like everything else but the basis of them, even in pieces would be nice to be carried over to work with.

I would expect that challenge mode, threats, espionage, weather, botany, excavation, research, dna extraction and contracts would be continue with a bit more variety. Entertainment, Science and Security would still be the three major players of contracts.

Second: What would I like improved from JWE?

A greater variety of animations throughout the different kinds of animals. If not also make some with different individuality to add a bit of spice and entertainment to the animals. Combat should not be the same squaring off/sizing up, there should be something like cinematic moments that happen to give a bit more flare to these stand offs. Also to watch as those that hunt/attack in packs, do it naturally in a variety of ways. Same as those that are in herds that would defend each other if not also charge/attack. I would like to see herbivores give a bit more of a struggle or hassle against the carnivores at times than just to be taken down. Again these actions/animations should be varied. It would also be nice to see dinos sizing each other up for a challenge. Not just due to over population. Sometimes over territory, being in charge and food. I would like to see the sauropods actually be eaten after they die as I think that was mistake to just not allow any carnivores touch them at all except for the I-Rex. Again would like to even see the sauropods defend themselves at times. I doubt these behemoths would go down without a good fight. Animals today do the same. So, it wouldn't be that far fetched to have it happen in game with our animals.

I would like trophy kills as presented in the movies to be like unto a cinematic JP/JW. Example: T-Rex wins over a rival that is torn, bloody and down. T-Rex steps on it while releasing a victorious roar in a dramatic pose. Then he chows down on the fresh kill. This to can be with variations. Even herbivores that are victors can have their own. This would hype up the epic factor. Even if the T-Rex got the better of a raptor and swallowed it whole or tossed it a few feet away then again dramatic trophy kill pose with victorious roar, growl or grunt. Please don't copy and paste the sequence for the other animals to follow action by action. More variety gives more spice and more replay-ability.

Would have to increase R&D for more benefits to buildings, anti-espionage, addons, dna traits, skins (really wanting a beautiful green TRex skin like JP2 as more variety), buffs, stores, merchandise, security and etc. For example to have more rangers than just three, two ACU helicopters, perhaps even a way to combine them into a single building that takes less space than to have both of them. When progressing forward, things should get better and easier to accomplish over your obstacles. Including powerplants and the others to becoming more efficient, compact and stronger structures. Similar to a RTS. Then one major thing many have asked for is more decor. It would be nice to have flags, benches, lights, signs, 3d dino holograms, bones, skeletons, amber pieces and etc. It would be awesome to make my personal Tyrannosaurus Kingdom like presented in JW. Just similar if not exact.

Then of course, I have been asking as well as many for Aviary and Aquatics. Addition of Pterosaurs and Extinct Aquatic life would be a great addition. With the possibility of other extinct animals would be nice.

It would be awesome to watch some of the animals swim in deep water. Like the spinosauridae swimming and catching their fish. I liked the addition of the fish feeders, but this would really be a nice addition to just watch them fish for themselves in deeper water. Then hoping that the animation and reaction of the water will be improved upon with ripples, splashes in swimming/walking/running through, body and tail movement that isn't shown in JWE seamlessly. Drinking of water animation and also if herbivores would be under water, would then swim in order to continue to breath or back out of the water. Though not ultra realistic as a game. It would help with immersion and wow factor.

It would also be nice to see the animals play with one another. Just as seen in present day animals. Not just eating, social calls, resting or grazing. To that would also be the variety of the animals in attempt to break out of the enclosures. Then like botany that is in variation for the herbivores. It would be nice to have something similar for the carnivores. Perhaps adding swine, shark and cattle in addition to the fish and lamb.

More terrain tools, also to get rid of terrain obstruction when placing a building. Best auto fix the terrain for building placement when dropping it. Weather protection for animals to less the likelihood of them getting uncomfortable. We are attempting to make the animals more manageable as we progress. Security shelters and hotels should be able to be upgraded for protection against the dino threats and weather. There can be an upgrade where it also upgrades them to hold more people. The number of the populace would be nice to have on the HUD. In making that into a factor. It would also be nice to be able to calculate how much power is needed and is being used in a simpler way if possible. Then the viewing platforms/rides/attractions should be able to be upgraded for better views, efficiency, protection & etc.

It could be a little more polished as it would be nice to have the enviroment, animals and buildings cinematic pristine/epic. They look great but there is always room for improvement. Creeks, waterfalls, rapids and boat ride would be nice additions. :)

Hoping there would be more room to house all the animals esp. on the sandbox. I can understand a limit on the others for the campaign/challenge. Perhaps those islands then can become sandboxes after the campaign/challenges are complete on them. Would it be possible to add 3D statue renders of all the animals in different poses as rewards after getting 100% of the genome? Being able to see them and look them over any time we want? Much like in Batman:Arkham with each character.

They did a call back to the JP 1993 DLC. That would be welcome in the sequel :)

I have several animals on my list that I would like see added. :)

Those are some of my hopes for the sequel. Anyone else agree? I know I didn't mention everything, but what else would you guys would want in the sequel?
____
Update: I was thinking as I was playing JWE today. Not all of the upgrades make sense. Usually things are tough at the basic level where you start. Then as you go, it gets easier with the R&D that is to make things a bit better. More efficient as progression should but I found that doesn't exactly happen overall in JWE. A lot seems to be in exchanging, not ultimately upgrading. Buildings remain the same for the most part and doesn't get easier or smaller. Though you would think they would so that the production and running of making the animals, securing them and taking care of them would overall be happening as you go along. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all as there is progression. However not to a greater degree as you would think of it. The hatchery remains the same. It still takes up the same space as the others do. It would be helpful in part of the progression for the building to shrink in the matter of space required as they become more efficient. Then, I don't entirely understand why we keep different levels of upgrades. I don't downgrade unless it is for a contract which sometimes the contracts don't make sense. For Example: I have one for an expedition. I can't do that because all of them are tapped out. So, why am I getting that kind of contract? Or asking for a Level 2 speed upgrade when I already have a Level 3. I say these things need to be tweaked quite a bit for the possible JWE2.

I was also playing around with the genetic traits. Sometimes the viability goes into the negative. Even if I have Level 3 upgrades for it that are locked in. It's for the most part impossible to get that animal. I think that definitely needs a bit more work. Making head way through Secrets of Dr. Wu. It would have been nice if that was expanded upon for more hybrids to come into play.

So much potential, hoping and expecting so much from JWE2.

BestInShot made a new vid about what he would like in JWE. It made me think a bit more about what I would like to see in JWE2. So, I came up with a more adept sandbox as we need a lot more territory for an ultimate sandbox for our animals to roam in. Where we are given complete freedom of what happens in that sandbox. I also think it would be a great idea if you 5 star one of the campaign islands. Then it would unlock a sandbox ability for that island. Instead of having to continually contest with the challenges it presents. I would like a refresh take on the Claire Sanctuary. I want it to be longer with more collectibles, unlocks, story and challenge. I didn't see lava once. I want to race against the clock while seeing lava coming to take everything away. I want to feel like I'm saving my animals from something that can take them away.

I would like to see holograms of the animals. They had them within the JW movie. Why not in the game? Why don't we have skeletons and amber decor like within the movie? I would like to see all of this present in JWE2.

I also want to really think about the addition of aquatics. Not just to place a pool down in an area. Even though I would like a stadium much like the Mosasaurus. I'm thinking underwater tunnels and hubs much like in Jaws 3. Where you can build an enclosure from shore into open water. Therefore expanding your park and entertainment value. If the aquatics get uncomfortable much like our land animals. Then they try to break through the barrier. We could have ships and subs to hunt them down. Also be able to take pics of them and etc. Not to mention an aquatic hatchery. Alternative power sources, feeding and such. Unique animations are needed all around for each of the animals. There has to be several of them. Not to mention sub like rides to see the aquatics.

Thinking about the aviary is essentially a really big birdcage. It would make sense to build these on top of enclosures. Where by adding roosting nest/areas where the pterosaurs would be to perch. Perhaps even add waterfalls and feeds of some kind for them in addition to the other animals. Monorails could tunnel through the cage. Looking towers could be added to the cage where it becomes part of the enclosure where all animals inside would be contained. Of course if the animals become uncomfortable then they would proceed to try to break the barrier. If broken then pterosaurs as well as any other animals within the containment would be able to break free if on land. ACU would essentially have to be used in order to retrieve pterosaurs. Which also means the ACU platform would need to be upgraded to house more than one helicopter.

Imagine if you could make an enclosure that would house all three. That would be interesting and fun.

It would be nice to be able to make monorails less intrusive within enclosures. Perhaps a nice upgrade for them. Also for the weather like a tornado. Shelters should be opened so that people would be able to be safe. They aren't there just for rampaging animals. Shelters also should be upgraded to be better in protection and housing more people.

Carnivores fighting and wounding each other just seconds later to do it again to the death. Doesn't make any sense. Carnivores should fight for dominance which isn't to the death. For food which if there is food which satisfies there hunger. Then of course they shouldn't be going after the herbivores, unless they are an insane psychotic hybrid like the I-Rex and Indoraptor. This is on addition to what my first post was stating.

Now that these animals are established in JWE. I want each of them expanded on as I also stated. With PZ showing individual characteristics within the different kinds of animals. I want that to be more present with these animals.

I want dramatic situations to occur, especially as you are building up. These create challenges where you as the player. Must deal with it and bring it back to being a safe and stable park.

Again Frontier, we don't want to see the same thing over and over again even if it is the same basic situation. Please show them occur in different ways. These creates interest and much more on wanting to replay it. They can be kept at random. Even special live occurrences at random that aren't scripted that can happen at any given time throughout the campaign of the different islands.

Of course more decor, more canon objects from the movies would be appreciated. Definitely wanting more from JP Saga and from the JW series so far as well as to what is to come like in JW3.

Please make it easier to add a sum amount of how many animals we would like to hatch much like in other RTS games. So that we wouldn't have to continue to go back and click through the motions to do it manually. This should only happen if we are to cancel the process. Mini exhibits would greatly be appreciated for small dinos, insects and such. Also in addition to buildings would be customizable in color and maybe some other structural shapes that would seem in harmony of the canon, would also be appreciated. More animal skins is a must. A way to preview your animal with the skin choice would be nice.

Like Clarie's Sanctuary to be made better and extended. I would like The Secrets of Dr. Wu to be the same to add more into the game. Perhaps improve the designs of the hybrids as well.

The animals for eating, drinking, invisible walls and clipping need to be improved. Sauropods and the like sometimes dunk their whole head in the water or not far enough to drink. The eating needs a bit more improvement. I want to be surprised that hey, it's mouth is really grabbing the plant matter and chewing it up or the carnivore taking a chunk of flesh off of another animal that is actually ripping and tearing flesh. Then chewed and swallowed or just swallowed for example.

I understand JWE had more to do with the confines of area for sake of the challenge but ultimately it is to keep the park entertaining, secure and profitable. Depending on the animals and the visitors. So I would like to see JWE2 be more about this, instead the confines of the area as the islands should be the playgrounds that gives options of the parks we want to build on them. Especially after overcoming the challenges.

I'm grateful for what Frontier has accomplished with JWE. So, I hope this pushes Frontier in being better for the sequel and try to aim in reaching the goal of potential that it could be. Put the bar high and accomplish more than what you were hoping is the essence for a great game.

It would be fun to have raptor training. Hope for more actual camos of the actual JP/JW animals. Perhaps even the canon characters as we were given a touch of that with JWE. Hoping for more So those are my thoughts so far in addition to my others.
____

New Wishlist :) Just putting it out there. Much to hope for in JWE2 especially with the enhancements. Hope we see soon enough what will be included in the 75+ roster for the base game and the possible DLC(s). Hope we get a CC, JP and JW DLC for skins, new animations and such :)

Confirmed Dinos:

Acrocathosaurus

Allosaurus

Amargasaurs

Ankylosaurus

Baryonyx

Brachiosaurus

Camarasaurus

Nasutoceratops

Pteranaodon – Pterosaur

Mosasaurus – Marine Reptile

Stegosaurus

Triceratops

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Those I want in game release:

Pterosaurs
:

Dimorphodon

Tapejara

Tropeognathus

Aerotitan

Those I want in game release:

Marine Reptile
:

Archelon

Ichthyosaur

Plesiosaur

Pliosaurus

Stupendemys

Dinosaurs more than likely to be in game:

Ankylosaurus

Dilophosaurus

Gallimimus

Velociraptor

Pachycephalosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Spinosaurus

Diplodocus

Ceratosaurus

Sinoceratops

Stygimoloch

Troodon

Compsognathus

Dinosaurs I hope to return in game:

Huayangosaurus

Styracosaurus

Ouranosaurus

Olorotitan

Dryosaurus

Homalocephale

Nodosaurus

Muttaburrasaurus

Edomontosaurus

Corythosaurus

Kentrosaurus

Suchomimus

Euplocephalus

Nigersaurus

Albertosaurus

Apatosaurus

Sauropelta

JW: Dominion DLC?:

Giganotosaurus

Pyroraptor

Dreadnoughtus

Quetzalcoatlus

Oviraptor

Iguanodon

Animals I would like to be added in the game/DLC:

Tenontosaurus

Ostafrikasaurus

Nundasuchus

Dimetrodon

Unaysaurus

Zalmoxes

Brontosaurus

Utahraptor

Einiosaurus

Monolophosaurus

Fish:

Xiphactinus

Megalodon

Helicoprion

Dunkleosteus

Leedsichthys

Stethacanthus

Haikouichthys

Coelacanth

I know it is a long shot but if there is a possibility for an extinct animals DLC:

Carbonemys – Turtle

Titanoboa - Snake

Dodo – Bird

Haast Eagle – Bird

Phorusrhacos - Bird

Doedicurus/Glyptodon – Mammal

Elasmotherium - Mammal

Eremotherium - Mammal

Megaloceros – Mammal

Smilodon - Mammal

Woolly Rhino - Mammal

Woolly Mammoth - Mammal

Enteldon – Mammal

Megacerops – Mammal

Amphicyon – Mammal

Mastodon – Mammal

Megatherium – Mammal

Paraceratherium – Mammal

Thylacoleo – Mammal

Uintatherium – Mammal

Urtinotherium – Mammal

Short Nose Bear - Mammal

Cave Lion - Mammal

Gigantopithecus - Mammal

Hybrids play are big in JW and with the making of genetic monsters running around. It makes sense that there would be more Hybrids/Genetic Monsters created. So if it is possible then I would like to see these come in game/DLC.

Hybrids:

Indominus Rex - Hybrid

Indoraptor - Hybrid

Stegoceratops - Hybrid

Spinoraptor – Hybrid

Alloraptor – Hybrid

Spinonyx – Hybrid

Stegodeus – Hybrid

Spinotasuchus – Hybrid

Paramoloch – Hybrid

Nodopatosaurus – Hybrid

Ankyntrosaurus – Hybrid

Pachyceratops – Hybrid

Giganocephalus – Hybrid

Monostegotops - Hybrid

______
I believe this gives a great variety for all different groups not including all the dinos within JWE that would move over to JWE2. Given the number of so many animals for each category. Shows that there would be a lot of interest in having these and also how then they would interact with each other in an ecosystem like environment. I would understand if Extinct animals would be on hold as a DLC or not included at all. However, given the fact that other games and mediums have presented them and it isn't too far fetch to add them into the game as per John Hammond's statements from JP. He and Dr. Malcolm spoke to that extent of just producing an animal that is on the edge of extinction. Given the fact that he brought animals back from extinction. These animals wouldn't be too far fetch in addition to the game. I didn't make a list of the small dinos and large insects that would be awesome to add into the game as well. My afore statements to the effect of how an aviary and aquatics could very well be added into JWE2. As well as how they could possibly function. Of course that might take a bit more forethought, but I believe it to be possible. I also believe the to make the events and moments of our animals, their interactions, their animations, personality, function and their care. Could be more to an epic cinematic like experience as I touched on before. Where it would be jaw dropping and a fan service. This would ensure the game would be entertaining, replayable, enjoyable and inviting.
____

Update: I don't know if I explained enough of what I meant as cinematic. Remember the moment when the T-Rex breaks out or is in the trees hunting the gallimimus in PJ. Then who can forget the end where the raptors are cornering the people and the T-Rex comes in to take control of the situation followed by the victorious roar. Then the stegosaurus walking and then defending their young. The two Rexs protecting the area as moving the RV over the cliff. The raptors in the tall grass doing stealth attacks. The Triceratops ramming and destroying the encampment. The great scene of the Spino and Rex going at it in JP3. The river ride while watching the animals on both side drinking, grazing and being curious of the people and etc. It would be awesome to see anything like these events, animations and having the same feeling as watching it for the first time in those movies. Getting the same feeling every time you watch those moments. These are things I would love to see make it in JWE2.

So far, from things addressed in PZ. Was curious about the thoughts implementing them in JWE2. Like having paths just for rangers and personnel. That way our guest don't just go where they want. Maybe a skill of finding out who is tampering with our park and being able to apprehend them. Guest satisfaction, should it be like PZ? As in if the animals are happy. Then the guest are happy.

Also was thinking what if they added a new faction like the well being of the animals with contracts from Claire. I would like her, Owen Grady and Ian Malcolm play more of a role in the game. I think it would also be perfect to add Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler. Especially if they ever bring in JP decor, structures and such. It would even be great to start JWE2 with JP and move into JW. Could even have some voice overs/lines from John Hammond to call back to JP. Then maybe to have Owen Grady with an actual training facility for raptors. If not also to train other animals perhaps.

Say we get aquatics, would it be more in line with a sea world like atmosphere? It would be awesome to present some of them in the stadium tank. Perhaps have the ability to switch the animals out. Perhaps even have a terror dome where animals are able to battle it out in a stadium like setting instead of just making it happen in the enclosures. They had something similar to that in Lego JW.

I know this is mostly a management sim but how could we bring more of the action and adventure from the series into the next installment of the game? How can it be more elaborate than just breakouts and weather? Would we want them to be more dramatic and diverse? What about a real sense of danger for our guest and animals? I think all of it should be pretty severe at the get go and it would take R&D to calm it down the further you go. To the point where you don't have to worry about it so much anymore. Yet when it happens, it still has a great threat on the guest and animals. I still hope for epic cinematics when these things occur. What do we want in order to enjoy our animals more? What do you all think?
____

Update:
Source: https://youtu.be/kVIXG9F9ffk

My response to it: I agree with a few things you have mentioned. I even did this topic on the Frontier Forums. I would like to see all of the present animals transfer in JWE2 eventually. In addition, I want aviaries and aquatics added. Perhaps even extinct animals like that of the sabre tooth and wooly mammoth perhaps in a DLC. I want to see more individual AI with our animals. I don't want each kind to have copy and paste animations. I want variety. Same to when they breakout, fight (charging, displays of dominance and etc.), sleep, eat, drink and etc. I would also like to see them play, scratch if they have an itch, swimming, interacting with the other animals and etc. If animals are the same kind, they should have a better interaction with them than those that aren't. Herd defense/attack, running/stampede, grazing, interactions of rubbing against trees, rolling in the mud/water, play fighting, challenging for dominance and etc. About the same I want to see for packs hunting, figuring things out, grooming and so on.

I want trophy like stances as seen in the films with roars and even those we haven't seen. For example, the T-Rex is victorious over a triceratops, horn broken off with torn flesh damage and blood, the T-Rex steps upon it digging into the prey's flesh as he poses and giving his famous victorious roar. Fights between the animals could also more varied and dramatic/intense. Also variety on battle damage. I would like to see different animals to feed to the carnivores, expand the plant wants of the herbivores. Why not have breakouts that are dramatic? Not to mention also a variety of different ways when they do. Not the same. Why not have the predators seeking weaknesses of their enclosure - a lot easier at the beginning till can be properly secured. Varied breakouts, terrifying breakouts where there is more at stake. I like the idea of FPS in driving and shooting.

I think the R&D system should be updated to better train your security and staff which makes them more efficient at their jobs. The more we progress in the game, the safer our guest and animals become. The smoother our parks should be able to run in every aspect. I to would like better security upgrades on doors/locks/walls, have security towers, counter espionage, security cams, weapons, reinforced buildings/vehicles, stronger tranqs and so on.

I would like science to upgrade for efficiency, better vaccines where it takes less to shoot/give our animals, to implement better systems in creating the animals which in turn makes our buildings take up less space in their construction, could also give more helicopters for fossils, more room for samples/extraction, more minerals that can be sold, better electricity output, less likely for a blackout and efficiency which also makes our power plants smaller. Feeding the animals should get a bit more efficient with upgraded feeders and of course have a variety.

Weather is another thing that needs to be tweaked. For sunny days, cloudy days, fog, storm, severe storm, tornado/typhoon and etc. Have a better system that can actually cover the area in a chain like fashion that would give better protection when hit by severe weather. Guest should be effected by weather. Bunkers are needed and should be upgraded to hold more of the populace as well as have higher damage thresholds. The construction area shouldn't change that is required.

Other buildings and shops should also be able to be upgraded to increase entertainment value, more appeal = more shoppers and happy shoppers. Guest satisfaction should play a little more into the game. Of course first and foremost I want to enjoy my animals, but it would be nice to deal with guest and personnel. Be nice to see them actually wear and use merchandise. Perhaps even a good selling point is to make it where it is real merchandise that us as the gamers could actually buy. Also make it where there is a system that can help place the shops down for the most sells.

We need some great decor that is inspired from the canon as well as some that just makes good sense. That's for our guest and animal happiness. I would like to build a T-Rex Kingdom so I would enjoy to have tools/materials in order to make it closer to what is seen in JW. Also can't forget benches, trash cans, restrooms, flags, signs and etc.

Predators shouldn't get bent out of shape if they are being well fed with simple prey and therefore less likely to confront a herbivore. If a predator is uncomfortable then they should be aggressive towards any animals in their enclosure as well as possibly seeking a way to break out. Otherwise they should be better good in their enclosures. If they don't have any feeders for meat then there should be a balanced ecosystem within the enclosure if herbivores are with them (Doesn't apply to the Indoraptor and I-Rex).

Terrain Obstruction No More I would like the placing of buildings to no longer have a terrain obstruction that won't allow it. I think the land should automatically become level when placed. More terrain tools and things to make more of the kind of environments our animals are asking for. So that we can see them in it as well. Then enjoy it and take awesome pics of them in it. Jungle, Forest, Swamp and Tropical beach scenery for example.

It would be nice to obtain more rewards for achievements like getting a 100% genome. More variety of same kind of skins and different ones. Should also have small dinos like Compys with feeders of bugs for them. I think also the animal's rating should go up as we obtain more of the genome. Then for it to have a higher rating afterwards. I want to enjoy my animals and so do my guest. So I would hope they would become more enjoyable than what we see in JWE. Hoping the rating system will be better.

Hope the animals would stop clipping into each other and the environment. Be nice if the water reacted better with the different animals. Changes in the animals look as well as behavior should be a result to messing with the genome. All upgrades should be permanent, please get rid of level 1, 2 and 3. Also should have more upgrades than just up to a third.

Hoping for more attractions and rides. Holograms of dinos would be a welcome decor. Would be nice to see the egg as it is incubating in a hatchery. Hatcheries should decrease in size as they become more efficient.

Better sandbox modes, story, characters, missions/mission types, building room esp. in sandbox mode. These are just a few things I have thought about and would like to see in JWE2. I also want two T-Rexs in one enclosure. At least all animals should be able to deal with two of their kind in one enclosure. What do you all think?
____

Update:
Source: https://youtu.be/M7tNqjsclhs

More variety of Dino Fights? From the franchise and beyond :)

Source: https://youtu.be/sXHsY1eoIzA

Source: https://youtu.be/OvLSmS5S_HQ

So much that can be brought into a JWE2. :)

Source: https://youtu.be/mZ2kxdQf3t0

TRexs territory

Source: https://youtu.be/8hjB6UJ2kMU

TRex hunting Ambush

Source: https://youtu.be/gTWo9oLJOWk

TRex vs Raptors and Victors Roar :)

Source: https://youtu.be/PJlmYh27MHg

First time in seeing a Dinosaur

Source: https://youtu.be/1koa2xAxCAw

TRex Breakout

Source: https://youtu.be/RLz5Api676Y

Raptor hatching

Source: https://youtu.be/WTSHJNfBq54

Indominus Rex Hatching

A wealth of moments to add and re-imagine into JWE2. Imagine getting these moments. Which is expanded onto variety and random of such moments and situations in JWE2.

___

Update: Additional info on what I suggest and others are mentioned throughout this conversation, please enjoy. Please also add any ideas you might also have for this possible sequel. :)

Last edited:
I do not won't a sequel, specially not if JWE doesn't live up to the expectations even by 2021, and by that I personally mean becoming a worthy JPOG revamp (with some great mod added) and graphic upgrade. That is, I want a JPOG expanded, with nowadays graphics.

I could give up either whole islands/custom maps or avian and marines until JWE2, but not both. And certainly I wouldn't pay again 60 buckd for the very same game with 2 or 3 expanded features just to keep savegames in JWE.

I'd rather have the alleged JWE2 be a huge expansion for JWE, fixing the core issues, and particularly separating the Campaign and Sandbox modes. Even better if they separate PC and consoles limits too.

Last edited:
I do not won't a sequel, specially not if JWE doesn't live up to the expectations even by 2021, and by that I personally mean becoming a worthy JPOG revamp (with some great mod added) and graphic upgrade. That is, I want a JPOG expanded, with nowadays graphics.

I could give up either whole islands/custom maps or avian and marines until JWE2, but not both. And certainly I wouldn't pay again 60 buckd for the very same game with 2 or 3 expanded features just to keep savegames in JWE.

I'd rather have the alleged JWE2 be a huge expansion for JWE, fixing the core issues, and particularly separating the Campaign and Sandbox modes.

That's probably not going to happen though. Given the boundaries of the foundation they built on and was given the green light for. I say that JWE is a worthy successor to JPOG. It might not be up to personal expectations but that is why with a new footing. It can become better than what JWE is. I don't see why anyone would want to halt what could be the best move in order to move forward in its progression instead of keeping it deadlocked into a stand still. JWE is better than it was when it first came out. They kept to their promises and have progressed it. Why not move on to a new installment that can further that progression. Wouldn't it be worth it if is able to reach higher than what it has already achieved?

That's probably not going to happen though. Given the boundaries of the foundation they built on and was given the green light for. I say that JWE is a worthy successor to JPOG. It might not be up to personal expectations but that is why with a new footing. It can become better than what JWE is. I don't see why anyone would want to halt what could be the best move in order to move forward in its progression instead of keeping it deadlocked into a stand still. JWE is better than it was when it first came out. They kept to their promises and have progressed it. Why not move on to a new installment that can further that progression. Wouldn't it be worth it if is able to reach higher than what it has already achieved?

To me, simply because it isn't worth it. It eill be likely paying twice for the same thing. I'm sorry but I reguse to do it.

I also disagree on JWE being a worthy succesor of JPOG but I understand that's a matter of personal tastes, yet to me is another huge reason for not wanting a sequel. It just seems silly to abandon sucj an expensive game for a sequel when the original still feels mostly barebones. But we agree to disagree

I'd rather have the alleged JWE2 be a huge expansion for JWE, fixing the core issues, and particularly separating the Campaign and Sandbox modes. Even better if they separate PC and consoles limits too.

That's the problem you are having. This is not JPOG. It was never meant to be a sequel to JPOG. JWE is its own game. Expecting it to be a modern JPOG is unrealistic. JPOG wasn't that good. It was a mediocre game, it was pretty terrible. JWE was much better than JPOG on release and it's only gotten better with improvements.

JPOG was dumped on the market and left as a terrible game. Frontier has actually improved the game.

I am actually looking forward to a sequel. I can't wait to see how Frontier improves upon the sequel. Everything they have learned from Planet Zoo and the upgraded engine should make JWE 2 a huge improvement over JWE. If JWE 2 happens then great. If it doesn't at least we have JWE.

The consoles should be a bit more powerful so maybe the sequel won't be held back so much. But if they do release JWE 2 then hopefully it has everything from JWE in the game. I would especially like to see all the Dinosaurs carry over. I can always keep JWE and JWE 2 around. But I would like to just switch over to the sequel.

Hmm... I tend to ignore these posts, but I'm kind of getting bored with JWE now and I feel it's due to the absolute lack of anything worth doing... worse, I'm becoming increasingly convinced the problems of this game can't be fixed. Unless they can bring some real improvements to JWE I'm probably not getting any more DLC (barring maybe a great sale price)... so if they do make a sequel and it's more like Planet Coaster/Planet Zoo (or Cities: Skylines; I've actually played that one) than JPOG... well... I think I'll survive...

I am actually looking forward to a sequel. I can't wait to see how Frontier improves upon the sequel. Everything they have learned from Planet Zoo and the upgraded engine should make JWE 2 a huge improvement over JWE. If JWE 2 happens then great. If it doesn't at least we have JWE.

The consoles should be a bit more powerful so maybe the sequel won't be held back so much. But if they do release JWE 2 then hopefully it has everything from JWE in the game. I would especially like to see all the Dinosaurs carry over. I can always keep JWE and JWE 2 around. But I would like to just switch over to the sequel.

Well it should since Microsoft is coming with its new system and Sony might be doing the same next year. Of course rumor is that there will be a 1993 DLC for JWE. Supposedly the last DLC for the game as it is rumored that JWE 2 will be coming around 2021 with the release of JW3. Seriously I hope it all carries over. I hope it is also refined and expanded on. There is just so much more potential for this kind of game. I doubt it will get to the freedom of Planet Coaster/Planet Zoo as Universal has a lot of say towards the property. They want to keep it within their boundaries.

I'm happy that they have given all that they have thus far. I really want some cinematic textures, animation, variety and spice to the game. To bring the players a bit more into it. I also enjoy how they don't make it so complicated where you can enjoy your animals.

I have been having ideas of what epic would look like and I'm just hoping that Frontier reaches for it in the sequel. Imagine all that would be possible with more structures, materials, animations, better AI, Interactions and so on. Another thing I would like to view is a white room with the eggs developing. Watching them move, crack and hatch before having the ability of releasing them.

What about underwater viewing for aquatics? Or how about things within the Aviary? More indepth details in the environment, interactions and such would look stunning I'm sure. What did you think of some of my ideas? Anything personally you would want to add? Things that it would have to have in order to make you think "Yes, I will buy."

Hmm... I tend to ignore these posts, but I'm kind of getting bored with JWE now and I feel it's due to the absolute lack of anything worth doing... worse, I'm becoming increasingly convinced the problems of this game can't be fixed. Unless they can bring some real improvements to JWE I'm probably not getting any more DLC (barring maybe a great sale price)... so if they do make a sequel and it's more like Planet Coaster/Planet Zoo (or Cities: Skylines; I've actually played that one) than JPOG... well... I think I'll survive...

Rumor is there is only one more DLC which is the 1993 JP DLC for JWE. Then to move on to the sequel that is rumored to release in 2021 with JW3. We'll have to see if that is the case. What problems are you speaking about? What would you personally desire in a sequel? I highly doubt that it would have the creative freedom experienced in PC/PZ but I'm hoping for a bit of an extension to make my own Tyrannosaurus Kingdom. What would JWE2 need in order for you to say assuredly "Yes, I will buy it."?

Rumor is there is only one more DLC which is the 1993 JP DLC for JWE. Then to move on to the sequel that is rumored to release in 2021 with JW3. We'll have to see if that is the case. What problems are you speaking about? What would you personally desire in a sequel? I highly doubt that it would have the creative freedom experienced in PC/PZ but I'm hoping for a bit of an extension to make my own Tyrannosaurus Kingdom. What would JWE2 need in order for you to say assuredly "Yes, I will buy it."?
There's probably a lot of things I feel is wrong with JWE, but off the top of my head, I need way more creative freedom and options to convince me to get back into the game...

At the moment we have the exact same selection of paths and buildings we got over a year ago, 3-5 terrain options (a number that can't be increased), one type of generic tropical forest option, five types of generic ground foliage options, and a small handful of decorative trees and rocks that can't even placed in wide-open spaces because of the painfully strict collision detection...

No decorative objects (statues, flowerbeds, etc.), no amenity objects (benches, streetlights, trash cans, etc.), no decorative fencing or gates (or viable alternatives to fencing like moats), no bridges or above-ground walkways, no ability to replicate any of the world's biomes beyond the "generic jungle" biome, no island creator so you're stuck with the same islands every time (we still only have one sandbox map for crying out loud!), no ability to restart an island without erasing the current save...

The guests remain little more than mobile decorations; no uniqueness or individuality to speak of (no names, no preferences, no thoughts, nothing)... and with so little to interact with, they pretty much just wander aimlessly around the park, in and out of buildings, only occasionally stopping to look around or take a selfie (and they still don't use umbrellas when it rains!)... I swear, these aren't people, they're robots.

I mean, there's just so little to work with you've pretty much used everything within a few hours... everything starts to look exactly the same... even the variety of dinosaurs doesn't help when they too start looking like robots running through the same animations after a while. The DLC packs aren't doing anything worthwhile either in my opinion; Dr. Wu's genome mods were nice, but only served to make the game a bit easier (unless you're playing in Sandbox, then these mods are useless) and the new Claire pack only adds a new tour ride that's basically a clone of the Gyrosphere using a different vehicle, while the paleo plants (though nice in theory) only added one new generic feeder that becomes instantly undesirable with the horrible restrictions that come with it (you can't grow every type of plant, you can't stop dinosaurs from eating poisonous food and thus must base your mixed pens on diet preferences) and once again become completely worthless in Sandbox.

I really want this game to be good... but right now... it's just not...

Last edited:
There's probably a lot of things I feel is wrong with JWE, but off the top of my head, I need way more creative freedom and options to convince me to get back into the game...

At the moment we have the exact same selection of paths and buildings we got over a year ago, 3-5 terrain options (a number that can't be increased), one type of generic tropical forest option, five types of generic ground foliage options, and a small handful of decorative trees and rocks that can't even placed in wide-open spaces because of the painfully strict collision detection...

No decorative objects (statues, flowerbeds, etc.), no amenity objects (benches, streetlights, trash cans, etc.), no decorative fencing or gates (or viable alternatives to fencing like moats), no ability to replicate any of the world's biomes beyond the "generic jungle" biome, no island creator so you're stuck with the same islands every time (we still only have one sandbox map for crying out loud!), no ability to restart an island without erasing the current save...

The guests remain little more than mobile decorations; no uniqueness or individuality to speak of (no names, no preferences, no thoughts, nothing)... and with so little to interact with, they pretty much just wander aimlessly around the park, in and out of buildings, only occasionally stopping to look around or take a selfie (and they still don't use umbrellas when it rains!)... I swear, these aren't people, they're robots.

I mean, there's just so little to work with you've pretty much used everything within a few hours... everything starts to look exactly the same... even the variety of dinosaurs doesn't help when they too start looking like robots running through the same animations after a while. The DLC packs aren't doing anything worthwhile either in my opinion; Dr. Wu's genome mods were nice, but only served to make the game a bit easier (unless you're playing in Sandbox, then these mods are useless) and the new Claire pack only adds a new tour ride that's basically a clone of the Gyrosphere using a different vehicle, while the paleo plants (though nice in theory) only added one new generic feeder that becomes instantly undesirable with the horrible restrictions that come with it (you can't grow every type of plant, you can't stop dinosaurs from eating poisonous food and thus must base your mixed pens on diet preferences) and once again become completely worthless in Sandbox.

I really want this game to be good... but right now... it's just not...

I see, I can understand your frustration. I would also like a bit more spice to the game like you have mentioned. I also said as much in my original post :) Like I said, I'm hopeful that these things are taken care of in JWE2. We'll have to wait and see. Thank you for the input :)

I was thinking as I was playing JWE today. Not all of the upgrades make sense. Usually things are tough at the basic level where you start. Then as you go, it gets easier with the R&D that is to make things a bit better. More efficient as progression should but I found that doesn't exactly happen overall in JWE. A lot seems to be in exchanging, not ultimately upgrading. Buildings remain the same for the most part and doesn't get easier or smaller. Though you would think they would so that the production and running of making the animals, securing them and taking care of them would overall be happening as you go along. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all as there is progression. However not to a greater degree as you would think of it. The hatchery remains the same. It still takes up the same space as the others do. It would be helpful in part of the progression for the building to shrink in the matter of space required as they become more efficient. Then, I don't entirely understand why we keep different levels of upgrades. I don't downgrade unless it is for a contract which sometimes the contracts don't make sense. For Example: I have one for an expedition. I can't do that because all of them are tapped out. So, why am I getting that kind of contract? Or asking for a Level 2 speed upgrade when I already have a Level 3. I say these things need to be tweaked quite a bit for the possible JWE2.

I was also playing around with the genetic traits. Sometimes the viability goes into the negative. Even if I have Level 3 upgrades for it that are locked in. It's for the most part impossible to get that animal. I think that definitely needs a bit more work. Making head way through Secrets of Dr. Wu. It would have been nice if that was expanded upon for more hybrids to come into play.

So much potential, hoping and expecting so much from JWE2.

I both agree and disagree. I don't want a sequel because it would literally be buying a copied game with a bit more to it. But I kinda also want a sequel because of the possibilties.

I personally think that JWE 2, if there will be one, should be almost completely different from the JWE. 1. So that you won't be buying the same game 2. For the thrill of unfamiliarity 3. For the fun

I personally think that JWE 2, if there will be one, should be almost completely different from the JWE. 1. So that you won't be buying the same game 2. For the thrill of unfamiliarity 3. For the fun

Don't you agree that there would have to be some similarities as it would be of a similar game type though possibly much improved?

Unless they completely abandon the park building genre for something else, there's pretty much no way the game will be completely different... the best you could hope for is a more Zoo Tycoon 2 game as oppose to a JPOG one...

Unless they completely abandon the park building genre for something else, there's pretty much no way the game will be completely different... the best you could hope for is a more Zoo Tycoon 2 game as oppose to a JPOG one...

I like their direction but has a lot of room for improvement. A sequel definitely holds that potential :)

Top Bottom