General / Off-Topic The Witcher, Netflix version!

Not read the books or played the games, allthough I do know the background etc.

For me it was meh, looks worth a watch and wont tax the brain whist doing so.

I tell you what - approach this as a hilarious fan fiction, otherwise you will be upset about every little detail that went wrong.
I still cant stop laughing at the old Polish TV serie, but at least they nailed the Geralt actor unlike Netflix here.

Wiedzmin-Netflixa-nadchodzi!-Geralta-zagra-Superman_article.jpg

Did you guys see how pumped the actor is? I mean Gerald is muscular not a bodybuilder? this is just so wrong.
How is is supposed to look like
geralt-de-riv-calendrier.jpg

How they made him look like

Did you guys see how pumped the actor is? I mean Gerald is muscular not a bodybuilder? this is just so wrong.
How is is supposed to look like

I think you're stretching a little bit on that one. He looks ok. His body type and the fact they couldn't be bothered to get a red head are the least of your worries. Think we're going to get a wizards and monsters show with the same names and that's it. None of the personality will be there. I'm only familiar with the game but the characters are what made it great for me.

That autocorrect makes me a little disappointed. ;-)

This is the right actor for the role. Mads Mikkelsen 100%.
Cavill is a fine actor, and will do great work with the role. The female casting choices are utter woke trash. Sorcerers and Witchers in this world are separated from humanity just enough to remember it, and serve its long term continuance. They are sterile, have extended lifespans, but are still mortal. Their abilities are as much a curse as an empowerment. They are humans touched by the cataclysmic conjunction of the spheres that brought magic and monsters to the world.

My biggest fear is that it turns into violence pron and sexy pron interrupted by uninteresting court intrigue. I get that they are going with the book narrative (which you can get through audible) rather than the game narrative - but the games truly did awesome work with the stories. So far I'm not a fan of the cinematography, the spaces feel empty and the caste feels so grey. The world setting is gritty, up close and in your face with life and plausibility imo in the books and the game. I'm not getting that from the clips.

Top Bottom