Palins research centre has been attacked by Thargoids

You can make money killing Thargoids... but not much... better stick to something profitable like core mining.

Honestly, you don't need guardian weapons to help with the goids. You can totally solo level 4 NHSS (4-6 scouts) with nothing but vanilla unengineered modules and AXmultis. But, if you insist on using guardian weapons, you can pick up all the blueprints and mats you need in a couple hours of grind to get the gauss cannon, which tbh is the only really overwhelmingly useful guardian tech to kill variants and it isn't even close to the worst grind in the game.

I took the time today to go to the Guardian weapon site and just purchased a Gauss G2 cannon. I have enough resources to also unlock a Gauss G1 cannon. I have no Guardian modules other than the Guardian FSD which is great but won't help in combat. My current weapons consist of modified multicannons and beam lasers. Is that going to do anything vs Thargoids? What do I need for the next level above scouts?

Lost my Krait Phantom trying a silent running rescue attempt. So came back with my Krait Mk-II filled with weapons, but the mega-ship Palin was on seem to missing from contacts list. Has it manage to jump?

-edit-
Palin's base services still not online, but there is no sign of Thargoid scouts at the base.

Last edited:

sollisb

Banned

you sure of that?

well, to play the devil's advocate a bit, they have had no problem burying every aspect of the game under artificial and gratuitous complexity for the player to sort it out, but are smart enough to keep it brain-dead simple for themselves. :sneaky:

Fair points.. But I feel the former is a convenient result of the latter... With the addition of anything that doesn't fall into the former, gets hard-coded to do so..

Am example of their not so 'smarts'.. Making mining so lucrative as to make all else not worth while, for months on end. When we had Quince, Robego, Volley Boom, they couldn't fix it fast enough. These were all 'mistakes'.. Then lo and behold, they release the code they've been working on which makes volley boom look like lids play.

Here's my prediction; They going to release some hap-dash carrier implementation, which will cost an absolute fortune, and say, hey 'voids opals'. In the very same release, they'll come up with some fantastical but manure story of how the Guardians are now mining Void Opals and they are all gone.

-edit-
Palin's base services still not online, but there is no sign of Thargoid scouts at the base.
Yesterday, when we were fighting the scouts, they were withdrawing. They were little buggy - they spawned underground or beneath landing pads. And then they fled to their fsd wakes. Only some of them was aggressive. I hope someone recorded it.

It's even made galnet

Carson's Spring is giving out Palin missions, sending you back to OO. Which is better than it was (Link was previously broken).

As Mr Bobblehead says, otherwise it spawns normal conflict scenarios now (though it's still showing Thargoid damage itself). Fun times :)

Edit: Others aren't seeing this, so maybe it was a hangover from an earlier visit to OO 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I am curious whether the Thargoid will continue to attack in the bubble now or if they will increase theire activites in the Pleiades, now the MetaAlloy devouring Proff is gone.

I finally got guardian weapon blueprints and a grade 2 Gauss cannon and the thargoids left.

Alrighty then. Back to the conflict zone.

Top Bottom