Cosmetics are missing something important.

I know you get bobbleheads and fairy-lights.

But seriousy Frontier, I would pay to have an option to have my cockpit look more "lived-in", with trash rolling around my feet.

And while we at it, howcome there aren't any trucker-caps? Do space-truckers not have space trucker caps?

I know you get bobbleheads and fairy-lights.

But seriousy Frontier, I would pay to have an option to have my cockpit look more "lived-in", with trash rolling around my feet.

And while we at it, howcome there aren't any trucker-caps? Do space-truckers not have space trucker caps?

I would love to completely change the whole HUD. Maybe they would add cool new styles for it, etc

They should also make it so that you can put the stupid Hutton Mug on your dashboard.

A space trucker-cap wouldn't fit around the Remlok helmet unless it was huge, and then it would look stupid

I would love to completely change the whole HUD. Maybe they would add cool new styles for it, etc

They should also make it so that you can put the stupid Hutton Mug on your dashboard.

A space trucker-cap wouldn't fit around the Remlok helmet unless it was huge, and then it would look stupid
Yeah, be able to customize your own hud, and I dont mean the color, i already screwed around with that

Yeah, be able to customize your own hud, and I dont mean the color, i already screwed around with that

Also we could do it for free. No arx, no money, no credits

Maybe each ship would have a different HUD layout as well.

Ingame support for changing colours would be good for console players, and those lazy PC players who just can't be bothered and would rather get on with chomping some missions like me

They're missing a trick (and quite a bit of cash / arc's) with the cockpit ornaments.
Previous, popular suggestions included:
  • Hula girl bobbleheads
  • furry dice
  • tea / coffee mug
  • hutton variant of above
  • biscuits
  • packet of cigs
  • beer can
  • cats
  • books
Possibly they're saving them for the rumored space legs, or the're a pita to add in.

Given the Remlock can cut of compromised limbs if needed to provide a seal, I dont think a hat would matter to the Remlock

They're missing a trick (and quite a bit of cash / arc's) with the cockpit ornaments.
Previous, popular suggestions included:
  • Hula girl bobbleheads
  • furry dice
  • tea / coffee mug
  • hutton variant of above
  • biscuits
  • packet of cigs
  • beer can
  • cats
  • books
Possibly they're saving them for the rumored space legs, or the're a pita to add in.

Possibly some of those can't be done for various "legal and PR" reasons.

Hula Girls (I suspect they could be seen as offensive to some)
Cigs (We don't want to look like we promote smoking - kids play our game)
Beer can (same as above...)

I would like the cigs and beer though for sure. I think Hula Girls are before my time a little though.

Slightly different HUDs between ship manufacturers/models is something I've been wanting since the day one.

A (space) trucker hat is a must. And obviously it should come with a selection of ship/model logos to choose from. Can't be wearing no ZP hats if you're flying a Faulcon Delacy.

cupholders. i want cupholders. big enough to hold the "Massive Gulp" from Space 7-11

Also, Space Aux cord to plug in our space ipods

Maybe small Hotwheels size models of a ship to stick on the dash?

But i'd be completely content with fuzzy dice

Also we could do it for free. No arx, no money, no credits

Maybe each ship would have a different HUD layout as well.

Ingame support for changing colours would be good for console players, and those lazy PC players who just can't be bothered and would rather get on with chomping some missions like me
To change the colors on the HUD for PC players, we had to get into the files of elite and change a certain place in a specific file in a certain folder, and make sure it was the right file

If "space legs" proves to be a reality in 2020, and we get some sort of captain's cabin that we can visit, collectibles like those mentioned above are precisely the sort of things I would want to be able to decorate it with.

Putting that aside, Elite: Dangerous is the only game that has ever had a store where I am eager to buy new stuff. I wish Frontier would come out with more customization chotskies for our 'toons.

For completeness, Frontier should add the option to buy a annoying parade of pop up ads to creep across our HUD.

...trash rolling around my feet...

Not quite sure why you'd want to pay to have somebody come on board and throw litter all over your ship, but it takes all kinds. Personally, I'd rather the trash accumulated naturally over time, so the ship looks more and more "lived-in" the longer you actually live in it and don't dock somewhere. An exploration ship just back from the proverbial five-year voyage should look as awful on the inside as it looks on the outside.

But a semantic point on the above: the trash isn't going to "roll around at your feet". Your ship is in zero G whenever it's not accelerating or sitting on or near a planet. So it won't "roll around on the ground", it will "float about the place". Which could be anywhere from mildly annoying to disastrous, if it happened to randomly float up and obstruct your cockpit view and/or instrumentation screens.

Though that could be an answer to the "reverski problem": if accelerating backwards made all the trash in your cockpit fly forwards and land on the cockpit in front of you, obstructing your view.

Top Bottom