Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Please clarify - you hear just the word "information" with no following details? "Information" should always be followed by some actual details about the system you are visiting.
Does it only do this in certain kinds of star systems (for example, only in unpopulated systems)?
you hear the word after every jump as you exit hyperspace.Usually in previous version you heard the word information just before exit hyperspace saying information arrival star is not scoopable

Yes i am.I am almost sure that if i make a clean install i will get rid of this annoying thing but i find it very boring to have to enter all edsm and fd accounts again configuring eddi from the beginning obtain edsm logs and more....

I heard it today for the first time.. I was jumping into a system which I'd not been to before, had no human presence & was not scoopable. EDDI told me all these things before I arrived and when I arrived, EDDI said "Information" and nothing else.

I heard it today for the first time.. I was jumping into a system which I'd not been to before, had no human presence & was not scoopable. EDDI told me all these things before I arrived and when I arrived, EDDI said "Information" and nothing else.
That's exactly my problem but it also happens if the star is scoop-able!

Given where "Information" appears, I suspect it's related to the absence of a human presence in the system rather than the star class. I would normally hear about the faction info just about there.

I don't have that problem, but if you want to get rid of it, edit the "Jumped" script and remove the "Information:" from this line:
Code:
{if state_report || system_missions || (system_crimes && find(system_crimes, "Warning") < 0):
    {Pause(500)}
    Information:

Now, what I don't get out of the new version's Jumped script is what should come before, talking about how many jumps and the distance remaining to my destination. It's something new added recently, so it's not a huge deal if it doesn't work as I'm not used to it anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks Keeper. On a side note, on seeing that code, I have the Crimes monitor disabled in EDDI (it wasn't working for me at one point & I never enabled it again).

I did just have it once say "Information: " followed by the system name and nothing else. Not sure what that was about.

Completely unrelated, but does anyone else find the Humanize Numbers Profile saying "on the way to" in credits and populations rather clunky? I think "about" would be better. Then the values would be "just over" - "over" - "well over" - "about" - "nearly" - "around". Or perhaps swap "around" into that position and replace it with "just about" since that is the closest to exact value, thus making "just over" - "over" - "well over" - "around" - "nearly" - "just about" (with or without the "just"?). That seems more natural, does it not?

Alright. I think I found the issue that's spawning "Information:" when it shouldn't.

Please replace the following at the end of the System state report
Code:
    {_ Describe our non-conflict states _}
    {Pause(100)}
    {List(statesummaries)}
with
Code:
    {if len(statesummaries) > 0:
        {Pause(100)}
        {List(statesummaries)}
    }
and let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Completely unrelated, but does anyone else find the Humanize Numbers Profile saying "on the way to" in credits and populations rather clunky? I think "about" would be better. Then the values would be "just over" - "over" - "well over" - "about" - "nearly" - "around". Or perhaps swap "around" into that position and replace it with "just about" since that is the closest to exact value, thus making "just over" - "over" - "well over" - "around" - "nearly" - "just about" (with or without the "just"?). That seems more natural, does it not?
Interesting thought, but I'm not sure there's enough separation between the definitions of "about" and "around" to make the meaning clear with "about" in the 3rd position and "around" in the 5th... it seems like it'd be too easy to confuse the two. Furthermore, "on the way to" makes more sense in my opinion than "around" as a description for the value between "well over" and "nearly".

If specificity is what you're after, you could change them to "about " + number + " point 1 " + order etc. to get e.g. "About sixteen point one million credits." That would sound pretty cool actually. With a bit more tweaking the "over" and "nearly" used for thousands could be adapted into it, for "Over sixteen point one million". Actually, the way it's set up now, that could be incorporated. Case 1 would be " over " + number + " point 1 " + order" and so on, until Case 9 being the same as before with nearly+1 and Case 0 likewise, though I guess ideally one would want a "nearly sixteen point two million" as well so some recoding to add that "nearly" depending on the next-next digit would be the most natural sounding.

On the other hand, if sticking with the more vague ones, how about case 3 as "about " + number + " and a quarter " + order but then case 8 is a bit weird "about " + number + " and three quarter " + order which is getting as clunky as "on the way to".

Without any recoding, this is what I've come up with, though I haven't downloaded any of the recompiling tools yet to try it. Maybe you can test it and see if it sounds natural. (Turns out the code I found in other posts is obsolete compared to what is used now for the sake of translations, but you get the idea.)

Code:
            case 0:
                return "just over " + number + " " + order;
            case 1:
                return " " + number + " point 1 " + order;
            case 2:
                return "about " + number + " and a quarter " + order;
            case 3:
                return " " + number + " point 3 " + order;
            case 4:
                return "nearly " + number + " and a half " + order;
            case 5:
                return "around " + number + " and a half " + order;
            case 6:
                return "over " + number + " and a half " + order;
            case 7:
                return " " + number + " point 7 " + order;
            case 8:
                return " " + number + " point 8 " + order;
            case 9:
                return "almost " + (number + 1) + " " + order;
            default:
                return "around " + number + " " + order;

Maybe these sort of definition files could be made overridable by the end-user having a loose file somewhere. (E.g. with an American ship voice, the Phonetics.resx pronunciation of "Winters" in the name Felicia Winters comes out wrong because it was made on the assumption of a posh British voice, so the ability for an end-user to put the R in Winters and so on would be nice -- no idea if that's an easy thing to implement though; I'm no programmer by any means! I just like to tweak stuff...)

Last edited:
Alright. I think I found the issue that's spawning "Information:" when it shouldn't.

Please replace the following at the end of the System state report
Code:
    {Pause(100)}
    {List(statesummaries)}
with
Code:
    {if len(statesummaries) > 0:
        {Pause(100)}
        {List(statesummaries)}
    }
and let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Excellent support as always ! That did the trick everything works as planned thank you.Please include this change in the next update as it works perfect

So, I'm running missions locally and I keep getting told by EDDI that I'm wanted by one faction in this system. Yet, when visiting any of the security offices, or checking the left panel for any open transactions, I have nothing listed. It's only a 1000cr fine that is announced by EDDI but if the game doesn't think I have a fine, what is hanging on to this.
Full disclosure, I took a smallish break from ED and have not incurred a fine since being back (<2 weeks) so IF this is valid, its from long ago and I'm not sure what needs to be reset.

Thoughts or ideas?

I'm starting to see something like this too, and deleting the crimemonitor.json doesn't work; it just re-builds it with the same bounty. I went to the system that set the bounty (actually I was blown up carrying a wanted passenger and I'm pretty sure the fine was paid on the rebuy screen) and there's nothing to be paid there. The EDDI Crime Monitor also is mentioning stations that aren't in the current system as places where a bounty could be paid. I did recognize one station name as I traveled, "Hey, that's the station name it mentioned a jump ago!" So something's going screwy. I wonder if getting blown up (not playing for a couple months and going "Oh, uh, what are my weapon controls again?") and paying off the fines during rebuy is confusing the game journal, EDDI, or both. In game it doesn't seem to think I have any bounties, but I guess EDDI is reading one from the journal issued pre-boom and perhaps the journal doesn't mention that it was cleared.

The EDDI Crime Monitor also is mentioning stations that aren't in the current system as places where a bounty could be paid.

This is intended. Per the release notes, the Crime Monitor attempts to determine the minor faction's 'home system' via its name, but defaults to system presence with highest influence. The station is selected by the ship size you are currently piloting and the 'max distance', either the default or set value.

Because there is no C&P related startup event, the Crime Monitor data is built entirely from journal events. When run for the first time, it will often build data from your last journal file. If fines or bounties incurred which are no longer active show up in the tab, simply delete the entry.

I think it should mention though if the station it is telling you about is not in the current system, stating that the station is in such-and-such nearby system.

I think it should mention though if the station it is telling you about is not in the current system, stating that the station is in such-and-such nearby system.

Mention in the tab or via speech responder?

If via speech responder, when jumping into a system, obviously it should not do that. Please provide additional details.

It was the speech responder. A couple of times I could not find the station it was talking about, but in another system later I saw the station name it had spoken about. In one case I'm certain it was a station in the next system along my route, for the station name included the name of the system and I noted that the next targeted system had that name. So perhaps it was reading system data of the next route system and not the system into which I had jumped. I'll make my current passenger angrier and go back around there to make sure I'm not imagining things.

It was the speech responder. A couple of times I could not find the station it was talking about, but in another system later I saw the station name it had spoken about. In one case I'm certain it was a station in the next system along my route, for the station name included the name of the system and I noted that the next targeted system had that name. So perhaps it was reading system data of the next route system and not the system into which I had jumped. I'll make my current passenger angrier and go back around there to make sure I'm not imagining things.

Thanks. Only thing I can think of is that the system object is not consistently updated to the current system when the Crime check system script is run after the jump.

Top Bottom