Intertial Impact adjustment.

Please tone down the jitter produced by this mod;adjust the damage to compensate if necessary. Currently so inaccurate as to be unusable.

Seems unreasonable that multi-cannons can use the thermal mod and missiles can also change their damage type without anywhere near this penalty to accuracy.

It also seems unreasonable for lasers to have unlimited ammo, isn't it?

No, it seems fine to me. The damage boost (+50%) is very strong. iF you really insist on using this mod, just make sure you can really control the distance of engagement.

I had a Mamba with a huge inertial impact burst laser once, that thing was so hot (and pretty useless). That's why they put frag cannons on Mambas, it's like the same thing but actually viable. Well not really the same, but those often hit targets that realize they are about to get hit too.

I'd be happy to lose the damage boost if I also lost the jitter; the point of the mod is to change damage type not to boost dps; I can use overcharged for that.

I'd be happy to lose the damage boost if I also lost the jitter; the point of the mod is to change damage type not to boost dps;

It doesn't just change the damage type.
It adds 50% damage and then it splits it in 50% heat 50% kinetic

I can use overcharged for that.

Yes, right.
Overcharged + inertial impact.
The guaranteed receipt to give a size 1 laser the damage of a size 2 overcharged, but at a much lesser power consumption.

What bit of ' happy for them to adjust' the damage don't u understand, are you not reading that bit intentionally? Reduce jitter & damage, thx.

Because this is what make this mod unique.

Anyway, it seems that you actually want a damage changer for lasers and you mentioned thermal mod for mc - that comes with a damage penalty not with a damage boost and with increased heat generation. Also mc have limited ammo.
So it kinda balances away.

Which it will not happen with the "bit" you propose.

Please tone down the jitter produced by this mod;adjust the damage to compensate if necessary. Currently so inaccurate as to be unusable.

Seems unreasonable that multi-cannons can use the thermal mod and missiles can also change their damage type without anywhere near this penalty to accuracy.

It pains me that there's a good kinetic->thermal special effect but the one thermal->kinetic special effect is so useless. I suspect it has to do with the unlimited ammo. So maybe they should remove the jitter and add fuel drain.

Inertial impact needs a slight buff. Even at very close range its impossible to hit a small ship like an Eagle with it. Lasers in general need a buff, tbh

What a complete waste of time :) Just bought five of them for a Krait Mk II and tested them raw at a CNB. No problem but weak. Engineered to G3 long range / inertial. Now they can't hit a planet right in front of them. Long range / inertial is the worst possible combo. Even though they are gimballed it took me forever to kill a Cobra, because even at 400-500 meters, they only hit a tenth of the time. Doh!!!

(Note to myself: Remember to test one instead of five and read the forum)

Does anyone know if I can "replace" long range with say, overcharged, without loosing the experimental?

What a complete waste of time :) Just bought five of them for a Krait Mk II and tested them raw at a CNB. No problem but weak. Engineered to G3 long range / inertial. Now they can't hit a planet right in front of them. Long range / inertial is the worst possible combo. Even though they are gimballed it took me forever to kill a Cobra, because even at 400-500 meters, they only hit a tenth of the time. Doh!!!

(Note to myself: Remember to test one instead of five and read the forum)

Does anyone know if I can "replace" long range with say, overcharged, without loosing the experimental?

Nope, the experimental is tied to the base engineering. You can change experimental without losing base engineering, but not the other way around.

Also, yes long range and inertial impact is pointless.
The only engineering that makes sense is Short range, even tho - you need to keep really close to the target - as in less than 400m

Nope, the experimental is tied to the base engineering. You can change experimental without losing base engineering, but not the other way around.

Also, yes long range and inertial impact is pointless.
The only engineering that makes sense is Short range, even tho - you need to keep really close to the target - as in less than 400m
Thanks! (y)

Well nothing to do about that. The rest of the engineering I did on the Krait was worth it, and I have plenty of stored engineered weapons. Just wanted to try something new. If it's not broken, don't fix it! :)

Top Bottom