Cockpit Mode Warnings

I like the modes themselves. For example, I have my FSD Interdictor and my Detailed Surface Scanner on the same trigger if I have both fitted, and the mode determines which gets used.
That is what the firing groups are (and were) for, and guess what - no stupid warnings either.

The warnings and modes are an over-engineered and pointless addition.

The fire groups should cycle only for the mode you are currently in.
While in combat mode I don't need to cycle through my DS, SS and vice versa - while in discovery mode I don't need to see my weapons.

Right now you have to cycle through all fire groups (and god knows there can be quite a long list of them).

The fire groups should cycle only for the mode you are currently in.
While in combat mode I don't need to cycle through my DS, SS and vice versa - while in discovery mode I don't need to see my weapons.

Right now you have to cycle through all fire groups (and god knows there can be quite a long list of them).
The warnings are unnecessary and always have been - the modes were a ridiculous addition in the way they have been implemented.

If FD insist on retaining the modes then they should at least remove the warnings (or at least have an option to silence them permanently).

May have been raised before (forgive me - I just came back after a long break).

So we now have cockpit mode. If you are in the wrong one, it complains
I guess that the reason for the mode was that you can layer your fire groups... so you can have pulse lazer on 1 and also discovery scanner on 1, depending on which cockpit mode you are in (really cool design). But my experience is that it complains that you are in the wrong mode all the time.

Can this be resolved somehow? Smart warnings or warnings that you can turn off

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have come back to the game and the new FSS is all new to me and sounds like a excessive faff to use. Anyway I have separate fire groups, I keep weapons in one group, scanners in another. If I select my weapons fire group which I have primary weapons on Joystick 1 and secondary on Joystick 2, and I fire secondary weapons I get the "Enter Supercruise to use FSS Mode" warning flash up. I have even checked my settings and Enter FSS and Leave FSS are set to F and [shift] F. But it happens every time I press joystick button 2.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have come back to the game and the new FSS is all new to me and sounds like a excessive faff to use. Anyway I have separate fire groups, I keep weapons in one group, scanners in another. If I select my weapons fire group which I have primary weapons on Joystick 1 and secondary on Joystick 2, and I fire secondary weapons I get the "Enter Supercruise to use FSS Mode" warning flash up. I have even checked my settings and Enter FSS and Leave FSS are set to F and [shift] F. But it happens every time I press joystick button 2.

View attachment 148474

Ok I have fixed this, I was only looking in the FSS section of the settings, unbeknown to me there is another FSS key mapping in modes section that had been set to Joy2 not sure when or if it was the default.

Top Bottom