ANNOUNCEMENT Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
But as someone said in this thread: 44 jumps to Colonia.
Depending on the "grind" for "unobtanium" and the number of jumps per week it would be a long journey to get your ship out there...
If the grind is moderate or small, and you can jump "when you want", then all is good, and I'd agree.
If the FC jumps on server tick thursdays, it's entirely another thing...

Not enough data available, does not compute ;)

Jumps are on demand if you have the fuel.

FD if your are reading this, the above suggestion is ESSENTIAL AND A NO-BRAINER. I just can't imagine having my own Fleet Carrier and then not being able to store my own ships in it. That would be as dumb as a box of hair.
I think a shipyard will be available only in the form of transferring and swapping YOUR ships, not having new available to purchase.

The phrasing is ambigous though

"Schedule jumps from the Galaxy Map when you want and from wherever you are in the galaxy."

No need to phrase it that way if you can jump whenever you want, don't you think?

Good point. I took it as:

You can remotely give your carrier waypoints and that each jump can be scheduled automatically- so, you could tell your ship to jump at 16:00 UTC to system X.

It would be a massive blow to the testicles if it was chained to the tick.

So... first question I'd like to see answered (when more info is presented) is where in systems do they jump to? Can you move them within systems to a specific point?

Looks great though, don't read as a complaint, just first of many curious questions.

maybe using the "new" Orrery System Map to indicate the destination (point & click on the map)?

Good point. I took it as:

You can remotely give your carrier waypoints and that each jump can be scheduled automatically- so, you could tell your ship to jump at 16:00 UTC to system X.

It would be a massive blow to the testicles if it was chained to the tick.
I hope you're correct :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom