ANNOUNCEMENT Gamescom Reveals - Fleet Carrier Details

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 110222

D
Nice. Getting people to argue against me and give all those excellent reasons why carriers should be available for all worked out.

#WorthIt

I make about 100 million an hour cool mining. I don't want to mine for 60 hours to buy an FC. I can make 700 to 800 million in a day as well. I don't want to spend my time doing that
Exactly my point. Relatively easy cash is there for everyone, if you're willing to invest the time.

Thought eddb mentioned it will require upkeep cost. Not just fly it in deep space for a year. My trip to sag a I was out for probably 8 months until I finally cashed in my credits. If upkeep is super cheap like normal ships it will be a non issue.

EDDB is not an official platform, it's a fan fun database, until FDEV officially confirm it will require upkeep I am putting my money on it not requiring any form of upkeep in the form of credits.

I have this strange itching there might be something else to it, something no one of us currently can see or imagine

giphy.gif

Oh I hope with all my heart you are right!

If i could walk on my Fleet Carrier (at least in foreseeable future)...Well, maybe I will also need an electric scooter or kick scooter.
If i will hunt some "thargoid-facehuggers" etc. who might invade on my ship. Or to be hunted...
If my FC will have possibility to use giant solar sails, to get to another system, if there is not enough fuel. OK, this might need more time, but since ship will be permanently in space...i can send the ship and log off the game. In addition, the giant solar sail will look amazing.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: GAL
If i could walk on my Fleet Carrier (at least in foreseeable future)...Well, maybe I will also need an electric scooter or kick scooter.
If i will hunt some "thargoid-facehuggers" etc. who might invade on my ship. Or to be hunted...
If my FC will have possibility to use giant solar sails, to get to another system, if there is not enough fuel. OK, this might need more time, but since ship will be permanently in space...i can send the ship and log off the game. In addition, the giant solar sail will look amazing.
The River of Stars (the book version, not my ship which is named after it) also had amazing solar sails. It didn't end well as one can tell from the title of said book, "The Wreck of the River of Stars".

I wonder if a group/faction will put up a site listing a bunch of FC's scattered around the galaxy for anyone to repair at. I suppose the upkeep will inhibit that.

Actually this apparent limitation is not a liability but a blessing in disguise.

Carriers = your new mobile, customized command center/space HQ. Which allows you for growth in terms of the sort of ship(s) you are acquring over the course of your pilot career.

For me, this means a highly efficient way to keep all my mining, exploration, combat/scouting and trading ships all within the covenience of a single mobile hub. Which I can park in orbit of a metal rich world, high resource asteroid/pristine ring belt, or star port station. Imagine finally being able to safeguard all your hard work with your heavy type 9 loaded with void opals. Being able to dock this in safety of carrier bay. High waking out of mining sector to a highly profitable market in deep space some 500 LY away. No longer having to worry about being interdicted by smaller pirate ships along the journey. Being able to directly fly your loaded heavy type 9 from your orbiting carrier down to the planetary base below. Dock and make millions in profit. Then returning to your orbiting base, grabbing your Asp/DBX/Cobra Mk 3 etc to scout and explore POIs your DSS picked up. Or your Conda/Vette to engage and support your PP factions in war zones in the system. There opportunities for emergent PvE and potential EvE like PvP game play prospects are dizzying.

But for me as a PvE/Solo/PG player, the priceless value of this update is the long awaited ability to relocate my entire fleet with complete fluidity between star systems. The ability to launch whatever ship/tool I need to complete a mission/job on the fly in any star system. This is a wet dream come true.

BTW: Interdiciton by Thargoids in witch space just became a more emergent game experience. Imagine being interdicted on a deep space smuggler's run. Having to keep your wits and quickly switching over to your Python/Conda/Vette etc. flagship. Or over engineered fighter Mamba. Launching said fighter ships and making mincemeat out of the Thargoid bullies who dared interrupt your black marketeering of their relative's invaluable 'Goid body parts. Spreading your double helix DNA throughout the galaxy, after failing to defend yourself in said endeavor.

But TBH FDev definitely took the meaning of grind to insure "don't fly without rebuy" to a whole new dimension. LoL. Can't wait to see the salty threads of ppl complaining about carrier ship insurance after release.

Regardless, working my rear end off for the insurance is going to be a lot of fun since I don't mind grinding. It's the experience you get from doing so (via missions, sandbox gameplay etc) that counts IMO.

Agreed - very happy this new "mobile base" will be available to everyone.

The only issue I see is if it costs more than 1 billion.

Most end game players probably would grind the ~20 hours to make another one billion in credits, but not 5 or 10 times that length of time just to buy a fleet carrier.

PS - At 50mill/hr it takes about 20 hours to make 1 billion credits. If someone has a sure fire way to make more credit consistently, please by all means share the details!

I wonder if a group/faction will put up a site listing a bunch of FC's scattered around the galaxy for anyone to repair at. I suppose the upkeep will inhibit that.
Sill depend on how the access system works...
If you can set the landing rights...
"Fully public"
Friends only
Squad only
or a list of named players only

If Fully public is not an option then don't expect access to a random player groups FC...

EDDB is not an official platform, it's a fan fun database, until FDEV officially confirm it will require upkeep I am putting my money on it not requiring any form of upkeep in the form of credits.
I misspoke. I'm pretty sure fdev confirmed upkeep costs. Don't know why I typed eddb.

Agreed - very happy this new "mobile base" will be available to everyone.

The only issue I see is if it costs more than 1 billion.

Most end game players probably would grind the ~20 hours to make another one billion in credits, but not 5 or 10 times that length of time just to buy a fleet carrier.

PS - At 50mill/hr it takes about 20 hours to make 1 billion credits. If someone has a sure fire way to make more credit consistently, please by all means share the details!
I suspect FDev will drop another gold rush or two in Void Opals and Painite!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom