Frontier's Annual Results have been published (June 2018 to May 2019), showing a record year and Elite passing 3 million basegame sales

those are, for the most part, QOL content.
i agree it deserved a whole dedicated update, but not 4 to 5 years to get what we got.

Kickstarter started in Nov 5, 2012, the game came out in Dec 16, 2014
let's give them one extra year for margin error, heck, let's say they started the dev in 2010

So i took 4 years to create the Elite we got when it got out more or less. Sounds very ok to me. They must have worked hard no doubts.

After the game came out, the only real new stuff we had was horizons with the SRV, the rest was mostly QOL.

if you compare the first 4 years (from 2010 to 2014) and compare from the last 4 years (from 2015 to 2019) the quantity and quality of content is not equal. And It shouldn't even be equal, it should be superior since FD made a ton of money since release.

We still can't change the color HUD, we still need to use Dr Kaii app or Arkku website...

I'm just disappointed, if you are happy with the pace of development, good for you, i envy you.
I was expecting more from FD but i guess that's my fault.
Over the last few years they probably fixed a lot of stuff that was badly implemented due to the short development time of the initial release. What seems like a minor QOL improvement to you might result in a nightmare for the guy coding it and sometimes you don't even see the result even though a lot changed under the hood.
It's very hard to judge the development pace for an outsider.

OK, but real talk: if the game is continuing to sell more and more copies, and the active player numbers aren't growing, what gives?

It implies that people buy a game, play it, then do something else. Like buy and play another game. I am not entirely sure I understand what is so puzzling here. People generally don't buy one game and expect to play that for the rest of the lives. Because that would be weird.

Over the last few years they probably fixed a lot of stuff that was badly implemented due to the short development time of the initial release. What seems like a minor QOL improvement to you might result in a nightmare for the guy coding it and sometimes you don't even see the result even though a lot changed under the hood.
It's very hard to judge the development pace for an outsider.

I can agree with that.
Unfortunately time goes by and we are still waiting for the kickstarter promises, still unfulfilled

Ahh, you mean intentions and wants, not promises.

very well then
this video was aimed to raise money for the kickstarter, it was the scope of the game back in 2012.
It's 2019 and the "wants" and "intentions" are not here yet.

So can we say they failed to make the game they wanted ?
did their intentions failed ?
Did they just use words we all wanted to hear ?

very well then
this video was aimed to raise money for the kickstarter, it was the scope of the game back in 2012.
Some are like landing on non-atmospheric planets and if the leak is correct we will be getting to walk around next year.

As it hasn't finished being developed, its difficult to say. I would wait until development is finished to make up my mind about that.

Unknown, as development hasn't finished yet.

Unknown.

very well then

Well, at least you pulled out that old Braben vid and used the trigger word PROMISED. Add some complaints about Lifetime Entitlement and we're complete ;)

O7,
🙃

Not if those expectations are there in black and white on the KickStarter page.

Along with all the really clear kickstarter disclaimers about how plans change and some things may or may not turn out to be possible. You need to read the whole thing to understand.

Definition of plan: Written account of intended future course of action (scheme) aimed at achieving specific goal(s) or objective(s) within a specific timeframe.

Top Bottom