Probably not getting answer from devs xD but I will try.. how many animals left to be revealed xD

Ok, I don't want number just some hint.

So far we know for 44 species, if we count spotted hyena, gemsbok and without deluxe animals. Can someone at least give us a hint how many animals left to be revealed from beta till release? More, many more, tons??? 😁

btw, really after that last INdian theme video I am sure you did amazing job 👌

I want to say it was announced there would be at least 50, but I can't recall the source at this time, and whether or not the deluxe animals count.

Considering the quite lax definition of "soon™" in the gaming industry (not specifically Frontier Development), I am extremely reluctant to base my hopes on "many more than ...".

What does it change anyway?
The Planet Zoo team seems to be extremely motivated and I am sure we will get as many animals as possible (in the given development time).
Our hopes and whishes will change exactly nothing in this regard. So why even start to bother?

Furthermore - and this lies in the chosen game topic itself - there will always be this one (or two. Or three.) beautiful animal that I would really, really like to add to my zoo. Nature is just too diverse and wonderful to be entirely implemented in any computer game. How high are the chances for multiple European animals, do you think? Will we get Lynx? Wild Boars? Harts? Wiesents? Groundhogs? Otters? Some of them, hopefully. But definitely not all of them!

It simply doesn't matter, whether there are "many more than 50" or even "100" animals. There will ALWAYS be missing some!

All I know is that 50+ can be anywhere from 51 onwards. Every time a developer says something as vague as that, I remember gamefreak saying many new pokemon, and it being just like 50 new ones.. so, I wouldn't get my expectations set too high.

Saying there will be 'many more than 50' animals while the total number is 51 would totally pss off the entire community. Not gonna be the case.

I think we'll get at least 60.

My take on what 50+ might mean.
I think it means there will be 54 animals. If there were a couple more, the right thing to say from marketing perspective would be "almost 60" :)

I don't think even Frontier knows how many there are going to be at launch, hence "many more than 50." Could be 60, could be 70, could be 57. They probably mean they have at least 50 animals already made and are just not sure which "extras" will be done at launch and which will end up going into DLC packs.

Again, just my opinion, though. ;)

Saying there will be 'many more than 50' animals while the total number is 51 would totally pss off the entire community. Not gonna be the case.

I think we'll get at least 60.
(Sorry, I might have messed up the quote given I am on my mobile...)

I disagree. 50+ just promises 50 animals (not even necessarily 51). The expectation of 60 animals seems only based on your wishes and no promises. Even the statement 'many more than 50' is very vague and since it was only said in a video I am not taken this as much as a promise as the 50+. The deluxe edition features 3 additional animals and for me and others those were already enough of a selling point to spend something extra. So argueably already 'a few' more than 50 animals could feel like a huge bonus relativating 'many more', even more so if the deluxe animals were included in that number.
I personally assume it will be around 52-54 plus the 3 deluxe animals at release but I wouldn't complain a tiny bit if it were only 50+3.
Frankly the 50+ would feel like a very cheap selling trick but as the game is still in developement I like to see it as a "we will see how many more we can add before release" statement. The only two things which would make me feel betrayed was if they release a (not free) DLC shortly after release or don't seem to try to fulfill the promises they gave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Ok, I don't want number just some hint.

So far we know for 44 species, if we count spotted hyena, gemsbok and without deluxe animals. Can someone at least give us a hint how many animals left to be revealed from beta till release? More, many more, tons??? 😁

btw, really after that last INdian theme video I am sure you did amazing job 👌

Great to see that you like what you've seen so far! 👌

I'm just a volunteer so don't take this as an official answer. My personal guess is "many more". Knowing that we get at least 50 animals, "many more" for me personally could mean more than 60, which could be 10 more animals, or 20% more compared to 50 animals. That's quite a lot.

The real question is... which animals are we going to see in the reveals leading up to the launch of Planet Zoo. I can barely wait to learn more about them. 😁

Considering the quite lax definition of "soon™" in the gaming industry (not specifically Frontier Development), I am extremely reluctant to base my hopes on "many more than ...".

What does it change anyway?
The Planet Zoo team seems to be extremely motivated and I am sure we will get as many animals as possible (in the given development time).
Our hopes and whishes will change exactly nothing in this regard. So why even start to bother?

Furthermore - and this lies in the chosen game topic itself - there will always be this one (or two. Or three.) beautiful animal that I would really, really like to add to my zoo. Nature is just too diverse and wonderful to be entirely implemented in any computer game. How high are the chances for multiple European animals, do you think? Will we get Lynx? Wild Boars? Harts? Wiesents? Groundhogs? Otters? Some of them, hopefully. But definitely not all of them!

It simply doesn't matter, whether there are "many more than 50" or even "100" animals. There will ALWAYS be missing some!
I actually really appreciate this post cause it does kinda hit home the "no matter what it won't satisfy everyone" fact. The game could have 100+ animals and yet people will still be disappointed their personal favorite didn't get put in. Now if people are worried about "core" zoo animals like Gorillas, Polar Bears, Penguins, Kangaroos, etc. that have yet to be announced, I wouldn't be concerned, but smaller animals like otters or gibbons are a toss up. They are animals that are subjective in the "desire" factor. Some people might really want otters, others might see them as a waste and would rather other animals. Its all subjective but the animals so far they've shown cover most bases. Like I said, if they reveal the remaining big zoo animals, I'll personally be satisfied but I know some that are going to be really upset if certain species don't get in.

Top Bottom