RIDES.....

I think most of us are on the same page here anyway, but just to weigh in: Planet Zoo will have a couple of transport rides (such as the already announced Steam Train and Wildlife Tour) which have a main purpose of moving guests around habitats to give some more visibility to the animals - they will also fulfill your guests' entertainment need.
Of course we do not want to disturb the animals or cause them any unnecessary stress, so things like coasters and other disruptive attractions are not part of Planet Zoo!
well that's disapointing we will not have rollercoaters and flat rides.

and those are the best zoos i have been to. ones without rides i find meh

Busch gardens and animal kingdom are theme parks, not zoos.
It’s clear zoos aren’t your thing, because most zoos have no rides or very little, things like carousels for the kids. Zoos aren’t about entertainment, they are about conservation and education something that’s been said many times on this thread and others.

well that's disapointing we will not have rollercoaters and flat rides.

It’s not planet Coaster, I don’t understand why this is disappointing. It’s planet zoo, different game, different objectives. Not everyone LIKES building theme parks, they’d rather create zoos. Frontier has been kind enough to allow for both groups to create the park only limited by imagination. Some people have been waiting since zoo tycoon 2 for a new and exciting zoo game. This game is focused on animals, their actions, behaviors ect ect. If it was theme park related, then the animals probably wouldn’t have had all the time and whatnot put into it, because they are also focused on ride mechanics. If this isn’t the game for you, that’s fine, but many of us are excited for an animal only based frontier game, with similar building tools to Planco

Last edited:
It’s clear zoos aren’t your thing, because most zoos have no rides or very little, things like carousels for the kids. Zoos aren’t about entertainment, they are about conservation and education something that’s been said many times on this thread and others.

It’s not planet Coaster, I don’t understand why this is disappointing. It’s planet zoo, different game, different objectives. Not everyone LIKES building theme parks, they’d rather create zoos. Frontier has been kind enough to allow for both groups to create the park only limited by imagination. Some people have been waiting since zoo tycoon 2 for a new and exciting zoo game. This game is focused on animals, their actions, behaviors ect ect. If it was theme park related, then the animals probably wouldn’t have had all the time and whatnot put into it, because they are also focused on ride mechanics. If this isn’t the game for you, that’s fine, but many of us are excited for an animal only based frontier game, with similar building tools to Planco

Exactly. I was waiting for a game like this ever since zoo tycoon for xbox one left a pit in my soul. I'm glad that there's finally a game which lets you truly create a zoo of your dreams.

yes they are zoos and are superior to the ones with out rides. and zoos are for entertainment and money making not tree hugging kumbaya.

It’s not planet Coaster, I don’t understand why this is disappointing. It’s planet zoo, different game, different objectives. Not everyone LIKES building theme parks, they’d rather create zoos. Frontier has been kind enough to allow for both groups to create the park only limited by imagination. Some people have been waiting since zoo tycoon 2 for a new and exciting zoo game. This game is focused on animals, their actions, behaviors ect ect. If it was theme park related, then the animals probably wouldn’t have had all the time and whatnot put into it, because they are also focused on ride mechanic
Planet zoo is not planet Coaster, they are separate games. This isn’t a planet Coaster add on. Zoos don’t have/have very little rides, and they aren’t thrill rides. If zoos aren’t your thing then maybe just stick to planet Coaster?
oh yeah i have been wait since rct3 to build zoos with rollercoasters so yes i am disappointed

Planet zoo is not planet Coaster, they are separate games. This isn’t a planet Coaster add on. Zoos don’t have/have very little rides, and they aren’t thrill rides. If zoos aren’t your thing then maybe just stick to planet Coaster?
it's the same game and thrill zoos are my thing i have been waiting since rct3

it's the same game and thrill zoos are my thing i have been waiting since rct3

... It really isn't the same game.. Not to mention, why not go play rct3? I mean, it still works on modern computers. Planet zoo isn't really about "thrill zoos" its about zoological parks, which most of them aren't full of theme park rides. And no, Disney nor Busch gardens are not zoos.

... It really isn't the same game.. Not to mention, why not go play rct3? I mean, it still works on modern computers. Planet zoo isn't really about "thrill zoos" its about zoological parks, which most of them aren't full of theme park rides. And no, Disney nor Busch gardens are not zoos.
yes it is the same game same just reworked features that should have been a expansion pack for pc. i could ask the same of you why don't you go play zoo tycoon. and it should be about thrill zoos as they are superior. and yes disney and busch gardens are zoos.

yes it is the same game same just reworked features that should have been a expansion pack for pc. i could ask the same of you why don't you go play zoo tycoon. and it should be about thrill zoos as they are superior. and yes disney and busch gardens are zoos.

That is your subjective opinion that thrill zoos are better than normal zoos, however disney and busch gardens aren't zoos, they just have animals. This is like saying sea world is an aquarium just because it has fish. Not to mention, that planet zoo isn't just a re-worked planet coaster. Sure it runs on the same engine, and has the same building system, but besides that its a whole different beast. The games animals and new systems are extremely complex, and something that wouldn't be able to be in planet coaster due to it being on an older build of their engine.

I'm not advocating for traditional amusement park attractions to be in the game.
A little Carousel I could welcome though, or a playground.

And to be more accurate with your definitions of Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Disney's Animal Kingdom, they are officially known as Zoological/Animal Theme Parks.

If you want to make anything special out of the games functionality, you can animate and fake your way through with a maybe future existing thememakers toolkit.

That is your subjective opinion that thrill zoos are better than normal zoos, however disney and busch gardens aren't zoos, they just have animals. This is like saying sea world is an aquarium just because it has fish. Not to mention, that planet zoo isn't just a re-worked planet coaster. Sure it runs on the same engine, and has the same building system, but besides that its a whole different beast. The games animals and new systems are extremely complex, and something that wouldn't be able to be in planet coaster due to it being on an older build of their engine.
because trill zoos are better. disney and busch gardens are zoos. and sea world is a marinelife zoo. yes planet zoo is planet coaster reworked it's an expansion pack packaged as "new game" to be sold at full price what a joke.

because trill zoos are better. disney and busch gardens are zoos. and sea world is a marinelife zoo. yes planet zoo is planet coaster reworked it's an expansion pack packaged as "new game" to be sold at full price what a joke.

Funny thing is that again, your using a subjective opinion as fact. Not to mention, planet zoo couldn't even have been a planet coaster expansion, due to things like the weather and lighting changes. Not to mention different systems and complex AI. It does use the same engine, and same base mechanics, but there's a reason for why they made the two games separate, and its not just for making more money like you claim.

I thought people already generally agreed with that Planet Zoo comes from the line of Zoo Tycoon, not RCT3: Wild!
And, you're saying that busch garden is better than San diego Zoo or London Zoo, is that correct? If so, why is that?

Funny thing is that again, your using a subjective opinion as fact. Not to mention, planet zoo couldn't even have been a planet coaster expansion, due to things like the weather and lighting changes. Not to mention different systems and complex AI. It does use the same engine, and same base mechanics, but there's a reason for why they made the two games separate, and its not just for making more money like you claim.
yes it could have been an expansion and it should have been. rct3 had weather but they cut it from pc but add the weather into pz and jp. and now they cut the rides and didn't even bother to add the rides that came with with the wild expansion pack into pz. i would have been satisfied with those rides to match the theme. nope the reson always boils down to money they can sell the game at a full 60 buck pirce tag insted of 40 bucks for an expansion pack.

I thought people already generally agreed with that Planet Zoo comes from the line of Zoo Tycoon, not RCT3: Wild!
And, you're saying that busch garden is better than San diego Zoo or London Zoo, is that correct? If so, why is that?
nope not everybody. yes i'm saying busch gardens is the better zoo because i can be entertained by the the animals and then be entertained by the roller coasters and flat rides and make a full day out of it. if i had a chioce between the london zoo or flamingo land i'd pick flamingo land

Last edited:

I’m very sorry if I’m getting this wrong, but you just seem pretty young. And to be arguing that only zoos with rides are really worth anyone’s time, sorry, but true zoo enthusiasts know that the main point of a zoo isn’t rides, it doesn’t even come close.

No Busch gardens is not a zoo, its a theme park, you arguing isn’t going to change that fact. They can still have and care about their animals, but they are a theme park, as TigerRoar said. By law, they have to register under “Zoo” because they have so many exotic species, however they are not on the same scale (at all) of zoos such as Toronto Zoo ect..

Planco is on an older model of the engine that couldn’t support the many features planet zoo has (rain, snow, water physics ect...) not only this, but the devs have said over and over that planet zoo is a whole game worth of stuff, if it was a Planco expansion, nothing would have been nearly as extensive and amazing as it is now. Also, the game probably wouldn’t be able to run for a lot of people and crash all the time for those who could run it. RCT3 And Planco And Planzoo are not the same thing, RCT3’s animals were basically shell models, there was nothing to them, because RCT3 wasn’t a zoo game.

Last edited:
I’m very sorry if I’m getting this wrong, but you just seem pretty young. And to be arguing that only zoos with rides are really worth anyone’s time, sorry, but true zoo enthusiasts know that the main point of a zoo isn’t rides, it doesn’t even come close.

No Busch gardens is not a zoo, its a theme park, you arguing isn’t going to change that fact. They can still have and care about their animals, but they are a theme park, as TigerRoar said. By law, they have to register under “Zoo” because they have so many exotic species, however they are not on the same scale (at all) of zoos such as Toronto Zoo ect..

Planco is on an older model of the engine that couldn’t support the many features planet zoo has (rain, snow, water physics ect...) not only this, but the devs have said over and over that planet zoo is a whole game worth of stuff, if it was a Planco expansion, nothing would have been nearly as extensive and amazing as it is now. Also, the game probably wouldn’t be able to run for a lot of people and crash all the time for those who could run it. RCT3 And Planco And Planzoo are not the same thing, RCT3’s animals were basically shell models, there was nothing to them, because RCT3 wasn’t a zoo game.
it's alright to admit you are wrong. i'm old enough to have enjoyed a circus with animals and young enough to know zoos with rides are better in every way. trill zoo enthusiasts know iron gawzi is gonna rock and enjoy the zoo animals after. and no busch gardens is a zoo and has zoo themed rides. your arguing is not gonna change the fact that it is. they blow the toronto zoo out of the water when it comes to careing for the humans needs for entertainment and the animals needs. and rct3 is an old model of pc and pz all 3 use the cobra engine. and that's a load of baloney they could have easly made the pc game bigger and better as pz as an expansion pack with all the same features. and yes it would have been just as extensive and amazing. and yes it would have able to run alot of peeps because the bug fixes to the peeps would have been applied to the pc peeps. rct3 pc and pz are the same thing. the animals were an improment over zt1 and zt2. rct3 became a zoo game with the wild expansion.

Top Bottom