Planet Zoo AMA! (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit - 18 September 2019 - 2PM UTC / 3PM BST

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hello fellow zookeepers!

As per the official Planet Zoo tweet from earlier today;

Join us on Reddit tomorrow at 3PM BST for a Planet Zoo AMA! We will be answering your Planet Zoo questions until 4:30PM BST, and we will also be giving away a Planet Zoo: Deluxe Edition and goodie bags! We'll be here: https://bit.ly/2Qdp2iI
Source: https://twitter.com/PlanetZooGame/status/1173940674506440704

Click here for the collection of questions that were answered in the AMA.

EEqs0XkW4AAVKx0.jpg

Last edited:
Just followed the link and read some questions there. OMG. Yes, I critisized frontier before (mainly because of the beta communication) but that negativity there and all the wining about "milking customers" is incredible and toxic... I saw a company milk it's customers. It was not Frontier. We get so much for our money with Planet Zoo. Really, I'm all for not hyping a company too much and critisize where it is nessecary, but what's going on there is ridicolous. Seems like all those players want the game for free.

I'll skip that reddit-thingie. Not good for my blood preassure.

Just followed the link and read some questions there. OMG. Yes, I critisized frontier before (mainly because of the beta communication) but that negativity there and all the wining about "milking customers" is incredible and toxic... I saw a company milk it's customers. It was not Frontier. We get so much for our money with Planet Zoo. Really, I'm all for not hyping a company too much and critisize where it is nessecary, but what's going on there is ridicolous. Seems like all those players want the game for free.

What can I say... it's Reddit. ;)

That subreddit is packed with people who hate DLC. Probably not a good place to host the AMA, unfortunately.

A lot of people seem worried that the game isn't going to be difficult enough and I definitely share that concern. If I don't get the sense that running a successful zoo is challenging, then this game won't feel like its worth the time spent playing it. Hopefully Franchise mode adds enough depth, challenge, and longevity to address that.

A lot of people seem worried that the game isn't going to be difficult enough and I definitely share that concern. If I don't get the sense that running a successful zoo is challenging, then this game won't feel like its worth the time spent playing it. Hopefully Franchise mode adds enough depth, challenge, and longevity to address that.

Well, from the demos they've shown off, it seems like it can be challenging if people want to, but at the same time letting players who don't want to micro-manage everything have the ability to do what they want.

I don't have a reddit account. I don't plan on registering for one either. I hope there will be a twitch stream/video later to go over some wonderful things that were discussed. I hope so. I want to know as much as I can about this exciting game. If I were on reddit, this is what I would ask:

Q: What are the top three tips you would give to those beginning a franchise?

Thanks!
~Kwolf

I looked at the AMA and I haven't seen any reply's in the comments. Is the session over, or has it started yet?

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was today, but its tomorrow when it will be up.

Last edited:
I don't have a reddit account. I don't plan on registering for one either. I hope there will be a twitch stream/video later to go over some wonderful things that were discussed. I hope so. I want to know as much as I can about this exciting game. If I were on reddit, this is what I would ask:

Q: What are the top three tips you would give to those beginning a franchise?

Thanks!
~Kwolf

I have a Reddit account, I’ll add your question if no one else has yet

Honestly I think that site doesn't deserve Frontier. Yes I have account there but I really avoid company there. Unless I am in the mood for arguing I skip that place.I understainds will from Frontier to be kind and answer those people how they could get close the game to them, but most of people there simply are not worth in my opinion.

Honestly I think that site doesn't deserve Frontier. Yes I have account there but I really avoid company there. Unless I am in the mood for arguing I skip that place.I understainds will from Frontier to be kind and answer those people how they could get close the game to them, but most of people there simply are not worth in my opinion.

Its just a bunch of people who think all DLC is bad, and who got upset since they thought they got ripped off when they bought Jurassic World Evolution, which they honestly expected too much from it. I remember people saying that it was going to have a piece by piece building system, since planet coaster had it, and I didn't believe them. One guy on youtube even hyped himself up too much, then bashed the game over and over after release, since he didn't get the piece by piece building system he wanted, or the features he wanted.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I posted the announcement here on the forums so that everyone can have the chance to ask questions on Reddit, in case members missed the announcement on Twitter.

The Planet Zoo AMA is on the PC Gaming Reddit because it has the potential to attract new players to the game that are currently unfamiliar with Planet Zoo.

Let’s hope that we get some nice answers on questions about Planet Zoo today! 😃

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Same. But I wonder if there even will be new, interesting questions, when the audience is mostly either negative or does not know about the game at all yet.

I'll just wait for the next developer journal :D
We as forum members can make a more positive sound on the Planet Zoo AMA :)

I never understood this. It was always the same with Elite as well - They are willfullly ignoring what should be their main channel for communication - the forum!
I mean, I would understand Twitter. It's a a cesspit of a human society but a lot of people are using it and it's easy. But reddit is beyond me. It's a notoriously hostile place for game devs to be yet they prefer it to their own social tools.
What's wrong with posting a questions thread here?

(I'm biased, naturally as I don't use Twitter, Reddit, nor any other social media platform)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I never understood this. It was always the same with Elite as well - They are willfullly ignoring what should be their main channel for communication - the forum!
I mean, I would understand Twitter. It's a a cesspit of a human society but a lot of people are using it and it's easy. But reddit is beyond me. It's a notoriously hostile place for game devs to be yet they prefer it to their own social tools.
What's wrong with posting a questions thread here?

(I'm biased, naturally as I don't use Twitter, Reddit, nor any other social media platform)
The reason for posting the questions thread on Reddit is that Frontier can reach new players on the PC Gaming Reddit who might not be familiar with Planet Zoo. On the forums you will typically find players who have already pre-ordered the game or are already familiar with the game. It's about reaching new audiences.

That being said, I agree that it would be nice to have a Planet Zoo AMA here as well, as most of the loyal players can be found here on the forums. :)

Top Bottom