September Update Bugs Master List

ATTENTION: This list is no longer maintained.

As with every update, FDev manages to introduce more bugs than they can fix, and ofcourse, they are not listed in the patch notes and the QA team didn't manage to spot them.
The community excells at this job and can help to atleast identify them so FDev is even able to fix them.

To avoid numerous threads popping up with "This is now broken!" or "That doesn't work anymore!" let's just put together all issues here that remain unfixed from a previous date and have been introduced by the september patch. Also reporting everything using the issue tracker is too much work considering the mass of bugs and issues ... that won't even get fixed the next patch, let alone getting any comments or ETAs.

Please report as many bugs as you find with a fitting description.
I'll try to keep this thread updated. Also please, if you report any bugs or issues be as accurate as possible, I will link your post in here.
Anything that is not linked is my personal experience.
Also, please be so kind and ping me when you report any bugs with the proper forum ping that you can copy pasta from the code excerp below. Also, please refrain from pinging me for anything else. This is just for this thread and the bug list.

Code:
[USER=61948]@Crimson Kaim[/USER]

Notice: In order for a bug to be tagged as [Fixed] please report so in this thread too. The reasons why I am refusing to go through the official patch notes and update this post is 1. a bug may very well not be fixed despite the patch notes saying so and 2. the patch notes are more often than not incomplete.
So if you found a bug to be fixed, just post it here, I will go through this thread and push an update every couple of days.

September Update Issues:

• Bindings may have been wiped after this update
Notes to Bugs:
All stored modules that have been engineered seem to have lost their modifications. According to Paige this is a visual bug and there is a workaround.
There is an official known issues list posted by Frontier Developements.
As of 27.09.2019, there has been an official statement made by Frontier Developements informing the community regarding the second patch for the september update.

Last edited:
Notes to Bugs:
All stored modules that have been engineered lost their modifications, the indicator is not incorrectly missing but the whole modification is gone. Equiped modules remain unaffacted.

I think it was reported last night that it was a visual bug and the engineering is still there. Or isn't it?

Deleted member 182079

D
I'm curious to see what kind of issues will appear once people are actually able to purchase, and spend, Arx.

My guess is stuff like

• Bought Arx but doesn't appear in the game
  • Bought Arx pack X but only getting Y
  • Bought Arx pack but am missing the bonus Arx in my balance
  • Spent Arx in game but doesn't unlock purchased item
  • Can't find existing store item XYZ (which is currently a known issue, but I reckon this will persist for some items for longer)
  • Store charged my credit card X amount of times for the same transaction
  • Can't use earned in-game Arx for any purchases
  • Can't use earned in-game Arx for any purchases combined with bought Arx
  • Weekly cap moves back to 0 if I earn more than 400 per week
The possibilities are endless:D

I for one am not pulling out my credit card for at least a few weeks. And over the next few days it's probably best to give the game a break altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a bit crude, but heres a list the community came up with within the first hour of the update dropping

-engineering UI bug that shows nothing engineered
-remote engineering f**d
-cargo limpets crash game
-fighter lag not fixed
-arx limit can be bypassed
-can farm arx by buying/selling armor
-no engineering possible even at bases
-can't adjust pips in training
-if you turn off docking computer, sim will fail
-power priorities reset
-the modules tab on your ship will "borrow" modules from the last ship you switched from, causing your maximum power limit to be exceeded
-tech broker allowing you to buy mods you haven't unlocked (advanced missile launcher/remote flak)
-blocking still not fixed
-wing beacon text is offset and unreadable
-can't see the ship while under it in SRV
-falling through the floor of cockpits in VR every time trying to access the Store
-random recipes appearing on modules
- codex is empty
-massive rubber banding when someone enters an instance
-VPNs can no longer be used to protect your IP from other players

Some of these could use a bit further digging into, but it should give you a basic idea of how wrong things are

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
It's just a hunch, and I have no idea why I would think that, but I feel this will definitely not come up as an issue:)

Edit - wait a minute, are you saying this is already "implemented"? lol

These been raised on the issue tracker then?

By the way, I think the pips are locked during the tutorial, just like some of the headlock controls. Theo even says that some of the controls are restricted while you're right going through the menu.

As with every update, FDev manages to introduce more bugs than they can fix, and ofcourse, they are not listed in the patch notes and the QA team didn't manage to spot them.
The community excells at this job and can help to atleast identify them so FDev is even able to fix them.

To avoid numerous threads popping up with "This is now broken!" or "That doesn't work anymore!" let's just put together all issues here that remain unfixed from a previous date and have been introduced by the september patch. Also reporting everything using the issue tracker is too much work considering the mass of bugs and issues ... that won't even get fixed the next patch, let alone getting any comments or ETAs.

Please report as many bugs with a fitting description.
I'll try to keep this thread updated. Also please, if you report any bugs or issues be as accurate as possible, I will link your post in the here.
Anything that is not linked is my personal experience.

September Update Issues:

- Core mining kicks player to main menu
- Stored modules lost their engineering unless being a legacy module
-
"IP changed mid session" bug when starting the game remains for some users
- Fighter lag remains (not using the exploit)
-
Engineering causes cursor to misbehave, game exit requiered
- Station's orientation on HUD in supercruise doesn't match with its actual orientation
- Codex has blank stat sites
- Remote engineering can cause a crash
- ARX limit can be bypassed
- ARX can be farmed by buying and selling armor
- Wing beacon text is offset
- Advanced missile launchers and remote flak launchers can be pruchased without unlocking
- VPN broken
- Switching ships can cause modules to be transferred to the new one for some time
- Some players have experienced a power prioritiy reset
- Collector limpets can cause a crash
- Rubberbanding will occur when a player joins an instance

- Bindings may have been wiped after this update

Notes to Bugs:
All stored modules that have been engineered seem to have lost their modifications. According to Paige this is a visual bug and there is a workaround.
should you not start with the massive list of bugs already in the game?

It's just a hunch, and I have no idea why I would think that, but I feel this will definitely not come up as an issue:)

Edit - wait a minute, are you saying this is already "implemented"? lol

well some might be keeping quiet about it to buy everything in the store by selling armour repetitivly, when you have enough ARX then its a tradegy of course and need to be nerfed asap

-engineering UI bug that shows nothing engineered
-remote engineering f**d
-cargo limpets crash game
-fighter lag not fixed

-can farm arx by buying/selling armor

-no engineering possible even at bases
-can't adjust pips in training
-if you turn off docking computer, sim will fail
-power priorities reset
-the modules tab on your ship will "borrow" modules from the last ship you switched from, causing your maximum power limit to be exceeded
-tech broker allowing you to buy mods you haven't unlocked (advanced missile launcher/remote flak)
-blocking still not fixed
-wing beacon text is offset and unreadable
-can't see the ship while under it in SRV
-falling through the floor of cockpits in VR every time trying to access the Store
-random recipes appearing on modules
- codex is empty
-massive rubber banding when someone enters an instance
-VPNs can no longer be used to protect your IP from other players
My visual interpretation of the priority which bugs are getting fixed. For your viewing pleasures in E: D UI color coding.

😂

Looks reasonably minor at the moment.

For some reason, my bindings are never wiped. Not happened once since I started playing the release candidate (apart from when I changed HD and reinstalled windows and th game, but I don't cound that).

My visual interpretation of the priority which bugs are getting fixed. For your viewing pleasures in E: D UI color coding.

😂
the rest will become "features" of the game :oops::rolleyes:

ill have some of those though thankyou! silver lining and all that... yoink

Top Bottom