Galactic regions and life types

I made a list for myself to have a central list of which regions have what kinds of life discovered so far, then I thought others might find it useful too. Where to go where there are no bark mounds, where no life-bearing NSPs have been found yet, and so on.

Italics mark finds that aren't listed on the Codex, due to bugs.

Region nameRegion numberSpace life (NSP)Horizons Surface life (Biological POI)
Galactic Centre1Anomalies (KLTPQ)Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Empyrean Straits2Anomalies (KQTP), Trees & Pods (Void Heart)Brain Trees, Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Ryker's Hope3Anomalies (K)Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Odin's Hold4Anomalies (KEP), Molluscs (Capsule)Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Norma Arm5Anomalies (P), Molluscs (Reel)Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Arcadian Stream6Nothing yet!Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Izanami7Anomalies (E), Molluscs (Parasol)Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Inner Orion-Perseus Conflux8Anomalies (E), Molluscs (Bulb)Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Inner Scutum-Centaurus Arm9Anomalies (LPQ), Molluscs (Bell, Globe, Umbrella)Brain Trees, Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Norma Expanse10Anomalies (K), Molluscs (Bell)Brain Trees, Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers, Amphora Plants
Trojan Belt11Nothing yet!Bark Mounds, Anemones
The Veils12Anomalies (P)Bark Mounds, Anemones
Newton's Vault13Nothing yet!Bark Mounds, Anemones
The Conduit14Nothing yet!Anemones, Crys. Shards
Outer Orion-Perseus Conflux15Anomalies (Q)Bark Mounds, Anemones
Orion-Cygnus Arm16Anomalies (L)Bark Mounds, Anemones
Temple17Molluscs (Bell), Trees & Pods (Peduncle)Brain Trees, Bark Mounds, Anemones
Inner Orion Spur18Anomalies (PQ), Molluscs (Gourd), Trees & Pods (Collared pods)Thargoid Barnacles, Brain Trees, Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers
Hawking's Gap19Anomalies (L), Trees & Pods (Peduncle)Bark Mounds, Anemones, Sin. Tubers, Amphora Plants
Dryman's Point20Trees & Pods (Peduncle)Bark Mounds, Anemones, Amphora Plants
Sagittarius-Carina Arm21Trees & Pods (Peduncle)Anemones, Amphora Plants, Crys. Shards
Mare Somnia22Trees & Pods (Chalice pods)Anemones, Amphora Plants, Crys. Shards
Acheron23Trees & Pods (Chalice pods)Anemones, Crys. Shards
Formorian Frontier24Trees & Pods (Aster), Molluscs (Squid)Anemones, Crys. Shards
Hieronymus Delta25Nothing yet!Bark Mounds, Anemones, Crys. Shards
Outer Scutum-Centaurus Arm26Trees & Pods (Stolon)Anemones, Crys. Shards
Outer Arm27Nothing yet!Anemones, Crys. Shards
Aquila's Halo28Nothing yet!Anemones, Crys. Shards
Errant Marches29Anomalies (KL)Anemones, Crys. Shards
Perseus Arm30Anomalies (Q)Anemones
Formidine Rift31Nothing yet!Anemones, Crys. Shards
Vulcan Gate32Molluscs (Torus)Bark Mounds, Anemones
Elysian Shore33Nothing yet!Bark Mounds, Anemones
Sanguineous Rim34Nothing yet!Bark Mounds, Anemones, Crys. Shards
Outer Orion Spur35Anomalies (P), Molluscs (Bullet, Bell)Brain Trees, Bark Mounds, Anemones
Achilles' Altar36Nothing yet!Anemones, Crys. Shards
Xibalba37Trees & Pods (Gyre)Anemones, Crys. Shards
Lyra's Song38Trees & Pods (Quadripartite pods)Anemones, Crys. Shards
Tenebrae39Trees & Pods (Rhizome pods), Anomalies (L)Anemones, Crys. Shards
The Abyss40Anomalies (L)Anemones, Crys. Shards
Kepler's Crest41Anomalies (P), Trees & Pods (Gyre)Anemones, Crys. Shards
The Void42Nothing yet!Anemones, Crys. Shards

You can't escape from anemones.

Last edited:
@marx: where did you get this information?
I'm trying to get hold of Crystal shards close to me but I thought such things are not registered in the EDSM data.

@marx: where did you get this information?
I'm trying to get hold of Crystal shards close to me but I thought such things are not registered in the EDSM data.
If you just want shards the EDSM search will tell you where they are. it doesn't track absolutely everything, but they are all present. Go via the Codex page.

Italics mark finds that aren't listed on the Codex, due to bugs
I'm sorry, but why are there no crystals (except for one particular region), mineral spheres, hearts and so on in the list of space NSPs life?

Last edited:
I wonder if we will ever see any pattern or rational behind what is found where
If you draw them on a map, you'll notice that there are some patterns, such as they are. Crystalline shards on the rim, molluscs to the West along the arm, and so on.

I'm sorry, but why are there no crystals (except for one particular region), mineral spheres, hearts and so on in the list of space NSPs life?
Because those static entities appear to be filler content for NSPs, present most everywhere. I'm not sure what you mean by hearts though: the void hearts that were found in one region, or did I miss some other hearts?

That would be a start. Thank you :). What I would like to have though is this information in the bodies-file.
Same here. I asked them (a few times) to be included in a database dump, but haven't received any reply to that to date. Maybe you could try asking too, so they'd see there's more demand?

They're already there, in the Empyrean Straits
Yep, already found them. And no, unfortunately I haven't yet discovered any secret locations of void hearts, but I'll keep trying ;)

Because those static entities appear to be filler content for NSPs

As for the "filler content", do I understand correctly, that tipical NSP usually has two populations of those "filler" crystals, but in some specific cases like specific regions, nebulae, star types and so on one or both "default" populations can be replaced with something more rare like trees, hearts and so on?

Last edited:
Oh, my bad, looks like I misunderstood what you wrote: I thought you meant [you] "missed them in the table", while it was "missed them in the table".

Same here. I asked them (a few times) to be included in a database dump, but haven't received any reply to that to date. Maybe you could try asking too, so they'd see there's more demand?
Probably a stupid question, but how can I reach them? If there is anything else than the discord channel.

I've also managed to find one NSP without "filler content", but I'm not sure if it is a bug, or such things do really happen ocasionally.
Was it in a ring perhaps? I've seen a good number of instances where rings would contain only molluscs, nothing else. Was easy enough to check the area too, since the ring was emptied of asteroids there.

Probably a stupid question, but how can I reach them? If there is anything else than the discord channel.
There's Discord, yes, and also the EDSM forum thread in public.

Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot, about data sources: most of the above is from the in-game Codex. EDSM has some variants missing, and AFAIK new types have to be added to it manually, so I went with what's in-game first and foremost. It's worth noting however that some of the finds missing from the Codex were confirmed via EDSM submissions, so they complement each other nicely.

One thing I've forgotten here: I've heard that there are some peduncle trees in the Temple region, near the Guardian nebula there (Prai Hypoo), and they're just bugged. Haven't found proof of this though. I don't suppose someone has any? It would make the region the second one where mollusc and tree territories overlap.

Top Bottom