Update Journal docs for v3.4

FWIW , It would be nice if the false declarations of various faction states could be eliminated from the log
My program adds comments and/or changes colors of relevant factions cells in the excel workbook that it manages and the continual errors of various states being reported in the log tends to mess it up and I sometimes have to view the log to see why and have seen numerous instances where it reports 1 faction in a conflict that does not in fact exist in said system.
even had a premonition one recently where on the 1st day of a pending election the log reported it as ongoing and listed the stakes, that was kind of neat knowing ahead of time but it was still wrong.

Can we also have a status.json flag for when we are in MultiCrew mode and when Landing overrides are active please?

Hi @hchalkley ,

I notice a couple of changes to the journal + status.json were included in the September release.
Will a new version of the journal doc be published here?

Is there a link to an updated doc I can access otherwise?

Cheers
Clicker

Hi @hchalkley ,

I notice a couple of changes to the journal + status.json were included in the September release.
Will a new version of the journal doc be published here?

Is there a link to an updated doc I can access otherwise?

Cheers
Clicker

Journal was at version 26 the last time I saw (posted on EDDN discord on 20th August)
http://hosting.zaonce.net/community/journal/v26/Journal-Manual-v26.pdf
http://hosting.zaonce.net/community/journal/v26/Journal-Manual-v26.doc

Thanks @BravadaCadelanne ,

a) Do you have a discord invite please?
(never mind, it's EDCD now, which I am already in)

b) As bit 4 represents "Supercruise", can I safely assume bit 30 (fsdJump) represents a Hyper/System jump?

Thanks
Clicker

Last edited:
An implicit effect appeared in the September update.
In the status.json file, Parameters - Flags - bit 21 (HasLatLong) is on, when the ship is inside the orbital station.
Should it be? Or is it bug?

Last edited:
has anyone got an example of the PowerplayVoucher Event .. the info in the docs is extremely poor and since I currently don't play powerplay it would be handy :) thanks in advance

has anyone got an example of the PowerplayVoucher Event .. the info in the docs is extremely poor and since I currently don't play powerplay it would be handy :) thanks in advance
you mean this ?
{ "timestamp":"2019-09-26T20:17:04Z", "event":"PowerplayJoin", "Power":"Denton Patreus" }

{ "timestamp":"2019-10-01T11:36:37Z", "event":"Powerplay", "Power":"Denton Patreus", "Rank":0, "Merits":0, "Votes":0, "TimePledged":400773 }

you mean this ?
{ "timestamp":"2019-09-26T20:17:04Z", "event":"PowerplayJoin", "Power":"Denton Patreus" }

{ "timestamp":"2019-10-01T11:36:37Z", "event":"Powerplay", "Power":"Denton Patreus", "Rank":0, "Merits":0, "Votes":0, "TimePledged":400773 }

Nope i'm afraid not .. its the one containing "event":"PowerplayVoucer" - the documentation says "When recieveing payment for powerplay combat"

Nope i'm afraid not .. its the one containing "event":"PowerplayVoucer" - the documentation says "When recieveing payment for powerplay combat"
i'm not a real PP player
currently, i'm with Denton Patreus (waiting to buy some advanced PA) and i don't know how to fight for this power,
if you tell me how to do that (combat merits ?), i'm willing to give it a try and send you the interesting lines of my journal.log :)

@hchalkley

Thanks for putting the number of remaining jumps of a route in the journal.
Would it also be possible to put the name of the final destination in.
For example I'm now at Luyten's Star.
When I select Khun the FSDTarget event reads:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-30T17:16:26Z", "event":"FSDTarget", "Name":"Khun", "SystemAddress":3107241104074 }
but then when I plot a route to Khun it reads:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-30T17:16:35Z", "event":"FSDTarget", "Name":"Sopdu", "SystemAddress":670149191065, "RemainingJumpsInRoute":4 }
The "Name" variable now contains the name of the first system on the route. It would be nice if the final system is also put in a variable, maybe something like this:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2019-10-30T17:16:35Z", "event":"FSDTarget", "Name":"Sopdu", "SystemAddress":670149191065, "RemainingJumpsInRoute":4,"FinalSystemInRoute":"Khun" }

im hoping they have fixed some of the blank factions names when completing certain mission types... its a little annoying when some don't work

It would be really nice to know when the main menu or pause menu is open. So I can switch my cockpit from ship controls to menu navigation.

Not sure if this is something that has come up before, but the "Name" and "NameLocalised" values in CodexEntry events don't have a proper one-to-one relationship. Green gas giants don't seem to be getting the correct name, and the localised name for planet codex entries is just its terraform state.

For example, the name $Codex_Ent_Standard_Sudarsky_Class_III_Name can have both "Standard gas giant" and "Green gas giant" as its localised name. It really seems to me like the "name" value should be different for those entries.
Conversely, both names $Codex_Ent_TRF_Ter_Rocky_Name and $Codex_Ent_TRF_Water_Worlds_Name simply have the localised name "Terraformable", where I would expect the localisation to include the planet type.

o7 all

the january patch will attempt to correct the bug of the missing deliveries to the damaged stations,

to verify that the bug is solved, it would be nice interesting very usefull to have the commodities quantities needed by a station in a line of the journal each time we dock at this station (and each time we deliver cargo)

ps : not sure it is the best place/moment to ask that...

Last edited:
so, the January update path is out

THANKS for the improved FSS
HAPPY to have faster scans
HAPPY to see the info (bio/geo) in the system map

BUT sadly....
once we jump to another system or when we enter again the previously scanned system, these infos (bio/geo) are lost, we need to FSS scan again

so, for January update patch 2, is it possible (please) to have the number of bio/geo/human/thargoid/guardian stored in the journal.log (with the materials) so a third party tool can retrieve them for a later use ?

EDIT : alternatively, could we have ALL the system map informations stored in a new SYSTEM_MAP.JSON file on our disk ?

Last edited:
o7 all

the january patch will attempt to correct the bug of the missing deliveries to the damaged stations,

to verify that the bug is solved, it would be nice interesting very usefull to have the commodities quantities needed by a station in a line of the journal each time we dock at this station (and each time we deliver cargo)

ps : not sure it is the best place/moment to ask that...

Operation Ida kept close tabs on the bug and its fix. The fix worked in the beta and is holding up so far in the live game.

We'd still love to have the station repair requirements in the journal though; we're getting tired of typing updates by hand twice a day :p

Top Bottom