Is Planet Coaster compatible with Planet Zoo?

I know that PZ has better graphics and effects (water and glass) but my wish is that both games become semi-compatible, so that we can swap mainly building parts, and maybe other stuff, between PC and PZ.

they have said multiple times that this will not happen. The best we could hope for is maybe a DLC pack that has some of those piece assets.

At some point maybe they release something where Theme Parks, Zoo's and Waterparks will all be combined into one. It will be called Planet RCT3.

Planet Coaster 2 should be backwards compatible with Planet Zoo! its really sad that the current engine isnt able to be compatible with the previous game, especially with basic scenery objects considering how similar the two games are. I dont mind that Planet Zoo doesnt currently have rides, but theres so many similar scenery objects in both games that it gets annoying. I want spooky and adventure stuff in Plazoo, and I shouldnt have to repurchase it!

I get that Planco1 has performance issues, but it wont make sense if Frontier is unable to recapture the magic of RCT3 with a true sequel at some point in the near future :( At the very least, Planco2 should be backward compatible with the DLC for Planco1, so that we can transfer our scenery blueprints from the original into the new game.

Planet Coaster 2 should be backwards compatible with Planet Zoo
That probably won't happen because by the time Planet Coaster 2 comes around, there most likely would have been further engine improvements again which would make it harder to make things backwards compatible. I do see where everyone is coming from with these types of comments, but I'm sure Frontier would've considered these options and done them if they were possible.

there most likely would have been further engine improvements again
is the Plazoo engine really all the different that they couldnt allow scenery objects and basic scenery blueprints to be transferred from one game to the other? or do they just think its an easy way to sell additional DLCs? RCT3 was drastically different from RCT1/2 yet it still allowed blueprints to be uploaded/transferred from previous games.

I get that Plazoo has been improved slightly, but I cant imagine Planco2 being all that much more improved from Plazoo, I think they should have learned a thing or two by now from Planco1. The fact the devs want to rely on "the engine being drastically different" is a weak excuse IMO and it wont be good to keep hearing them say that with future sequels

Yes then go play that and stop bugging us about Waterparks.
what you are suggesting is to hinder the sales and progression of this series, which just seems like a bad IMO, and its in very poor taste to treat fans like they are unwelcomed because their opinion differs from yours :( the number of fans asking for water parks is actually quite large, and is a big part of the reason Planco stopped being super popular, even a lot of "diehard" players have built "fake" water parks lol

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIG-yPwOJ30

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISZGxk0v3ME

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPta_qPuDM

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izMEz4c1OUw

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPSQfWDFSJI

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqNNFTBpfZA

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=planet+coaster+water+parks

do you think Sdanwolf and Silvarret should stop playing Planco because you personally dislike water parks? how can you say water parks dont belong in this game after seeing these videos? lol yeesh people are ridiculous sometimes

Last edited:
is the Plazoo engine really all the different that they couldnt allow scenery objects and basic scenery blueprints to be transferred from one game to the other? or do they just think its an easy way to sell additional DLCs?
Well I obviously don't know the specifics, but I think if it was so simple to transfer scenery objects over, they would've done it already. But they haven't, and they are creating new objects for Planet Zoo.

And I highly doubt they'd go as low as using old Planet Coaster assets for future DLC. Planet Coaster players would not buy them, and I'm sure they have many new ideas for Planet Zoo DLC.

they are creating new objects for Planet Zoo. And I highly doubt they'd go as low as using old Planet Coaster assets for future DLC
I watched a video of Silvarret going through every individual scenery pieces, and according to him there are quite a few duplicate rocks plants and walls from Planco in Plazoo. One of the community managers even said he "cant wait to see what people do with the spooky scenery" which we havent seen yet

Last edited:
what you are suggesting is to hinder the sales and progression of this series, which just seems like a bad IMO, and its in very poor taste to treat fans like they are unwelcomed because their opinion differs from yours :( the number of fans asking for water parks is actually quite large, and is a big part of the reason Planco stopped being super popular, even a lot of "diehard" players have built "fake" water parks lol
It is getting annoying always having to repeat the same thing over and over again: Frontier said NUMEROUS TIMES they won't do a Waterpark Addon. And still people have to start the same old Argument over and over again. Should i start with my list what i think is "Essential" to the Game and annoy people over and over again? Normally Frontier won't say flat out "no" if there is a slight possibility to do it. If they won't they will say no. I don't know what is so difficult to understand there.

It is getting annoying always having to repeat the same thing over and over again: Frontier said NUMEROUS TIMES they won't do a Waterpark Addon. And still people have to start the same old Argument over and over again. Should i start with my list what i think is "Essential" to the Game and annoy people over and over again? Normally Frontier won't say flat out "no" if there is a slight possibility to do it. If they won't they will say no. I don't know what is so difficult to understand there.
Just because they said they wouldn't do waterpark doesn't mean people shouldn't remind them of how much RCT3 was with Theme Parks, Zoo's and Waterparks combined.

I'm with breezer hog. To say it's not possible, is complete nonsense.
Everybody knew this from the start. The engine is the same (although probably an "improved" version). It shows so many similarities of course items could be combined, yet they chose not too.

My thinking is that you could at least go into one of the game's directory, and grab the files for paths, lights, walls, roofs, etc... and put them into the other game's directory.

My thinking is that you could at least go into one of the game's directory, and grab the files for paths, lights, walls, roofs, etc... and put them into the other game's directory.

Good luck, I'm sure that won't work.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I watched a video of Silvarret going through every individual scenery pieces, and according to him there are quite a few duplicate rocks plants and walls from Planco in Plazoo. One of the community managers even said he "cant wait to see what people do with the spooky scenery" which we havent seen yet

Hey there! I think one of my comments was taken out of context. This is what I said:

"I eagerly await the first persons attempt to make something spooky looking in a zoo."

It was not a confirmation of new content, just an expression of interest in the creepy things people are able to design using the features of the game ;)

Hey there! I think one of my comments was taken out of context. This is what I said:

"I eagerly await the first persons attempt to make something spooky looking in a zoo."

It was not a confirmation of new content, just an expression of interest in the creepy things people are able to design using the features of the game ;)

But it wouldn't huit :D

Last edited:
if only we were able to go into these directories then we would've had mods by now

if only we were able to go into these directories then we would've had mods by now
But Planet Zoo is still in Beta, so making sure the game works well on its own is the top priority. So it's still a possibility.

Waterparks would probably have to be in a Planet Coaster 2. With a second game, they could use an upgraded engine to make better water physics and weather like RCT3 but better graphics. I’m glad that Frontier is continuing Chris Sawyer’s ideas.

Top Bottom