Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

It seems to me there use to be an option under the settings tab to change this. If it is still there I can not find it anyplace.

It's moved to a Commander specific setting, so you need to select your commander in the grid on the settings tab and then click Edit.

@Para Handy. Mine does. If you scale the window size, it also autoscales the column widths appropriately. I've tried that many times and can't seem to make it not work. The columns widths are saved at program shutdown so it needs to close properly.

@idahosurge to accomodate a user suggestion certain system wide settings have been moved to the commander settings dialog. This is to accomodate commanders with more than 1 account.

@Para Handy. Mine does. If you scale the window size, it also autoscales the column widths appropriately. I've tried that many times and can't seem to make it not work. The columns widths are saved at program shutdown so it needs to close properly.

Looking closer I think what I am seeing now is just that the time/date column defaults to a min size and that is what is making me notice a change in what I had set, so no biggie - now I know what it is I can just ignore it. Thanks for everything.

EDIT: I spoke too soon - once again the columns have sprung back to a different width to what they were when I shut down last time. Anywayup - no big deal - not an "app breaker", I'll just keep adjusting as I go. :)

Last edited:
Hello,
First of all, thank you for this wonderful piece of software. I'm using it 'passively' since my first day in ED and I'm slowly beginning to take advantage of its potential now.

My question is regarding the DB after the 11.x update :
What's the expected DB size considering that the software is setup to download the complete set from EDSM ?
I'm really not sure here, but i'm asking because I was under the impression that it didn't shrink following the update (currently around 11-12GB for the system DB) .

sorry if this has been answered -
i have returned from a long hiatus, and i've used this tool more passively for reading the logs.

what is this database update that is wearing away the lifetime of my HDD? can i turn it off somehow or do i need to find a new tool that respects my hardware and ears?

What's the expected DB size considering that the software is setup to download the complete set from EDSM ?
I'm really not sure here, but i'm asking because I was under the impression that it didn't shrink following the update (currently around 11-12GB for the system DB) .

Mine's 3.3GB.

Having a good internet connection and no qualms about downloading many gigs I just deleted mine before i upgraded and made a completely fresh one rather than upgrading.

Hello all,
Just thought I'd ask the question, I'm having update issues after collecting materials, the journal view tab shows me collecting say 3 materials, but the Scan view doesn't update. I've got it connected to EDSM etc. but it's only updating if I stop/start the application. This used to work but I havn't collected any materials on this version yet. Any Ideas please?

I've since collected some 15 different materials and although the journal view is fine and responds accordingly, the Scan view, although showing the material hex icons, does not update and remove the icons for those materials that I've maxed out, and doesn't update the quantities in the popup window.

Can someone advise if this is happening for them, or if there is something I now need to set, or check is configured.

Last edited:
The reason to reformat the db was the size of the DB - the new one takes about 1/3 of the previous size. Hence the reason to change the format as the EDSM DB is growing at a decent rate.

If people have problems with the DB upgrade I would just delete it and reload the data again - hold down shift, run EDD, and select the delete system db option.

To answer the post above - If you don't want to download the EDSM data - you don't have to. Settings page allow you to configure this, or on first run it asks you. Its your HDD, your computer, and its your choice to download the data or install EDD ;-)

Last edited:
There seems to be an issue over the scan window reporting values for bodies that had been previously discovered / mapped by others. So when you map such a body what you see is this:

... you notice that the Mapped Efficiently figure is not displayed.

One other thing - I see that NSPs are not shown - is there a setting I am missing that allows these to show up in the scan window?

I updated to 11.0.5 and after this I experience lag, that the program freezes several minutes. Data that is gathered shows up several minutes later. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but the problem is still there. Is there a solution to this?

I updated to 11.0.5 and after this I experience lag, that the program freezes several minutes. Data that is gathered shows up several minutes later. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but the problem is still there. Is there a solution to this?
A Cray supercomputer. :)

Make sure the DBs are on an SSD. Perhaps trim the data loaded from EDSM ('Select Galaxy Sectors' on the settings tab) or how much of your history is loaded into memory (the 'Memory' box on the same tab)?

Make sure the DBs are on an SSD. Perhaps trim the data loaded from EDSM ('Select Galaxy Sectors' on the settings tab) or how much of your history is loaded into memory (the 'Memory' box on the same tab)?

Yes, both game, eddiscovery and db are on ssd. Found this answer in another thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...users-journal-3dmap-voice.462396/post-8076169

In the lower left corner it says: "System DB upgrade processed 9035609". This is rising slowly. However it does not say how long it might take or how much that is left to update. If I would shut down the program, will it continue when I start it next time or will it start from scratch?

I'd delete the system db and start again. For some reason, even though it was tested a lot, on some machines it's very slow. The instructions above will tell you how

Because I am on the search for biosignals on planets I'd like to filter or highlight them in my history view. Is there a chance to do so except with comments?

Or can I do bookmarks on the planets view? Currently the history tab shows too much not needed information and the important things are lost in between.

Top Bottom