ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Fleet Carriers Q3 2018, NOPE delayed, Fleet Carriers December 2019 watch these flashy new teaser trailers, NOPE delayed, hmm Sounds like another space game. Perhaps a title change "Elite Citizen"

And for the Fan Boys that spout "bug fixes are worth it" - REALLY? They pushed the new player safe place/crying closet systems and ARX, knowing about the bugs. So, Give us Fleet Carriers and bugs. We can patch the patches, but at least those of us rich enough can be showing off our Fleet Carriers to the peasants!

Suggestion: Let us buy materials and unlock engineers for ARX!

The new ERA "Elite Citizen"

Fleet Carriers Q3 2018, NOPE delayed, Fleet Carriers December 2019 watch these flashy new teaser trailers, NOPE delayed, hmm Sounds like another space game. Perhaps a title change "Elite Citizen"
All those things, just

iu

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Read the very start of this thread. They are literally delaying EVERTHING for EXCACTLY THAT what you're asking for right now....

FIXING THE BASEGAME!!!!

Not sure if I understood this correctly but as far as I can tell the only delay stated in the OP is about a very specific and limited (also offered for free) feature, i.e fleet carriers, not EVERYTHING, no?

Last edited:
Thought fixing bugs before releasing FC was a good idea but now I'm not so sure seeing as every time they fix a bug they introduce or amplify two more, FC will be pushed into the 2020 update I all but guarantee it. Why can't they still release FC in Dec and work on bug fixes too, they're not exactly a small company any more.

I wouldn't count on that. I can litterally hear those words:

"WHY Spacelegs? I didn't ask for that"
"Atmospheric Planets FLIGHT? I wanted to LAND on them"
"Fix your bloody mess of a game (again)"
"Again no content for ME (us)"
:sneaky:
Oh I'm not counting on it. I'm happy enough with the game for now because I have to be. I'm just pointing out that after fixing the bug list, Atmospheric Landings (which presupposes Atmospheric Flight) is the only way Frontier can demonstrate a completed game, and including Space Legs as well would leave Frontier's detractors with nothing reasonable to complain about, effectively silencing them....

... For a while. Until they want Engineered mining lasers and ship-to-ship docking and multiple SRV types and player-owned Thargoids and player-owned orbital and surface installations and Raxxla and black furry felines and globular clusters and interplanetary collisions and stellar plasma rings and streamers and supernovae and galactic hyperspace, &c., &c., &c.

Last edited:
Sorry if I made your brain hurt with laying out facts, [...]

You can insult me all you want, that doesn't make your "facts" facts.

[...] The complex truth is the Squadron Carriers scoped for the original 2018 Q4 release are nothing like the personal Carriers announced at Lavecon in 2019 with a December release date ie they started again from scratch.

Source? Sounds like a big claim with nothing to back it up.

Also, in your opinion, are Frontier starting over from scratch again now? Why? Why not?

Thank you Frontier Development. I appreciate the news announcement and look forward to the results of these decisions.
I'm supportive but supportive is not blind following sicko-fanatic nor is it crying wolf at everything I don't like.

I will keep my expectations in check, my patience topped up and carry on with my ED experience.

Jokerman

Source? Sounds like a big claim with nothing to back it up.

Also, in your opinion, are Frontier starting over from scratch again now? Why? Why not?

My point was that Fleet Carriers for Squadrons as it was envisaged for Beyond Q4 didnt get into pre-production. Sure it was floating around as a concept in 2017 and may have had art work/3D mockups created and coding development for demonstration (sounds like all the ED wishlists have had at least this inc atmospheric planets), but there was no public reveal of screenshots or feature lists. People are talking like they were ready to go in 2018 and delayed at the last minute like this time round, which is factually inaccurate (also amusing that most people who complain about the delay and using the "delayed since 2018" probably arent even in a squadron):

August 2018 https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/important-community-update.444800/
As part of pre-production, the team investigate all areas of the content and scope them out thoroughly. It’s important to take the time to be clear on what the vision for this is and how we imagine the content working. During this process, we have made a decision to adjust the focus of content that were previously planned for the Chapter Four update, adding some significant new gameplay, but it also means some other aspects will have to change. This means that some elements of content such as Ice Planets (which many of you will have seen some fantastic progress updates from LaveCon earlier this year) and Fleet Carriers for squadrons will not be coming as part of the Beyond – Chapter Four update.

July 2019 The Lavecon announcement of Personal Fleet Carriers is a new direction with wider impact for the Carrier idea and later at end of August at Gamescon for the first time went into detail of an overview of the feature list.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNNj97HznUU

It was at a far more mature stage for its December release date. It is quite clear that the subsequent debate on the August reveal of the feature set including a demand for a Beta period (ultimately losing dev time) has meant a rethink of the scope of Personal Carriers. It isnt starting from scratch but could require a redesign in parts that might need some older bugs/technical limitations to be fixed.

2018 - Squadron Fleet Carriers shelved at concept stage to prioritise work on other game mechanics like mining, exploration etc
2019 - Personal Fleet Carriers release delayed from Dec 2019 to Q2 2020 due to reassessing Carrier feature impact and Carrier gameplay.

Its a different kettle of fish.

Last edited:
2019 - Personal Fleet Carriers release delayed from Dec 2019 to Q2 2020 due to reassessing Carrier feature impact and Carrier gameplay.
I'm not saying you are wrong; we have no way of knowing and there certainly may be issues that they have to re-think following a reading of our musings on the possibilities.

But Carriers would already be a month late following the all-hands-on-deck after the September debacle, and adding a beta phase would push them back another month. So that's February already. Just another month of bug-fixing puts them in Q2. I'm guessing that Frontier have penciled in two bug-fix releases in January and April-May. If the second is light then they may be able to work on Carriers but they won't have a beta until after the dust has cleared from the second bug patch, so there might be a beta in May and a release in June. If the bug-list is heavy, I'd expect the first half of July (Q3). Even if they can have them in the game and ready to go after the second patch with no extra work, it's still going to be the back end of Q2.

So, to my mind, getting them in Q2 is going to be tight, even without re-working them.

watching you categorize complete strangers based on conspiracy theories in the game world is fun. kinda.

Yeap, that is a fun of conspiracy theory playing. Using word like "boring~" is fun to you, to me that is fun. And are you really think that I guessed "Someone" to work in a plausible company like Frontier? kidding me. Sorry just fun!

#NOARX #UNTILFLEETCARRIER

I just hope they fix , do balance pases for real now.
If i have to wait another 6 months and see 20 "patch note lines where half of them are about cosmetic fixes, and the other half are minor issues people barely noticed", then count me the out.
The hell with the arx store, fix the game god damnit.

My point was that Fleet Carriers for Squadrons as it was envisaged for Beyond Q4 didnt get into pre-production. Sure it was floating around as a concept in 2017 and may have had art work/3D mockups created and coding development for demonstration (sounds like all the ED wishlists have had at least this inc atmospheric planets), but there was no public reveal of screenshots or feature lists. People are talking like they were ready to go in 2018 and delayed at the last minute like this time round, which is factually inaccurate (also amusing that most people who complain about the delay and using the "delayed since 2018" probably arent even in a squadron):

August 2018 https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/important-community-update.444800/

July 2019 The Lavecon announcement of Personal Fleet Carriers is a new direction with wider impact for the Carrier idea and later at end of August at Gamescon for the first time went into detail of an overview of the feature list.

It was at a far more mature stage for its December release date. It is quite clear that the subsequent debate on the August reveal of the feature set including a demand for a Beta period (ultimately losing dev time) has meant a rethink of the scope of Personal Carriers. It isnt starting from scratch but could require a redesign in parts that might need some older bugs/technical limitations to be fixed.

2018 - Squadron Fleet Carriers shelved at concept stage to prioritise work on other game mechanics like mining, exploration etc

I agree that carriers were now much closer to completion than they were in August 2018 and Frontier probably expanded the scope of that feature. But that's still just a guess if we're honest.

And I do think that it's perfectly valid to say "Carriers will arrive 1.5 years later as initially planned".

You are seriously repainting the facts to fit your narrative.

They did announce carriers for release on two different dates in 2018, both of which got bumped and then we were told that after taking all of 2019 to fix bugs we would have carriers in Dec of 2019.

For 2yrs now every time carriers are 2 months from release they get a delivery date push out NOT to polish carriers, but to crush more bugs that they created.

It's the same old excuse and apologists keep letting them get away with it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom