ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
While I definitely appreciate this move (fixing the game, yay!) I wonder how many players will work on these beta's - without any new content? Can only imagine that would be the most dedicated players. Unfortunately, these will be the same who I assume aren't bored yet and want to move on in the main game, while the rest won't bother anyway. You see the dilemma?
I think you'll find - time will tell - that there is a substantial cohort of players who are willing to participate in any event, betas included, if they think doing so will help to improve the game for everyone.

It makes you laugh really, They lost a months Dev time fixing the issues in the September patch, the community petition highlighted that vocal members of the community wanted a lot of bug/ issues fixed. They can't pull people off the New Era project, and they can't do both fixes and fleet carriers with the resources they've got left, so something has to give.

Personally, Getting the game right or stable is the right thing to do. As long as the Interstellar Initiaives continue to keep the background plot rolling, then having the Carriers moved back a while is no great loss.

Where did you see that? I see nothing about anything plot-related continuing next year
The only points made in the OP was that focus would be on bug fixing and that FC's were being delayed. The re-introduction of beta servers was also mentioned, which is good.
Nowhere was it mentioned if II /CG's / Community CG's would continue during the focus on 'fixing the game' so without it being mentioned explicitly I think we all will be guessing!

It makes you laugh really, They lost a months Dev time fixing the issues in the September patch, the community petition highlighted that vocal members of the community wanted a lot of bug/ issues fixed. They can't pull people off the New Era project, and they can't do both fixes and fleet carriers with the resources they've got left, so something has to give.
That, and maybe they also realized that implementing the carriers on current version might not work unless they fix it first.

Personally, Getting the game right or stable is the right thing to do. As long as the Interstellar Initiaives continue to keep the background plot rolling, then having the Carriers moved back a while is no great loss.
Agree.

I can see how the FC December release would look like: release, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, a few fixed, more bugx, players complaining, game doomed, what's up with this FDev, everything sux, life is terrible, there's no content, FC don't work... why don't you fix the bugx first!?!?!

That's how it would sound, and the FC part would be "whatevs" by everyone.

But if they fix the bugs, then release a very stable (genius?) FC update, we can all focus on having fun with the carriers instead of focusing on the latest bugs.

Last edited:
Also, with a release approximately every 3 to 4 month, beginning in early 2020 and each one lasts as long as the first one is anticipated, there's maximal 4 until end of 2020. How are you going to squeeze the carrier update into this plan?
My hope is that FC's will be in the Q1 2020 beta, as that would permit all of us to try to break them and the issues discovered being resolved prior to a Q2 release...

And we may be able to buy them with fish! (I wish I'd been playing in those days)

The only points made in the OP was that focus would be on bug fixing and that FC's were being delayed. The re-introduction of beta servers was also mentioned, which is good.
Nowhere was it mentioned if II /CG's / Community CG's would continue during the focus on 'fixing the game' so without it being mentioned explicitly I think we all will be guessing!
You're toning it down though, aren't you:

focus almost exclusively

I just read about the 9% shar of Tencent in FD, do you guyz think it has anything to do with the kind of developpement limbo we're stuck in?

Well we know that the Chinese government have been desperate to build their own futuristic carrier, so maybe a lot of resources at Frontier were used up

Last edited:
Does anyone honestly believe we'll see that ominous "New Era" in 2020?
I believe it's still possible, because it's a separate thing.
I think this whole mess we're in now is because of the fact that back in 2018 most of the staff was moved to work on New Era content, leaving the only a handfull of people behind to maintain the game while they're gone (I wouldn't be surprised if half of them were new to the job, still learning the ropes)

What? You asked the question "how long have they been delayed for"

I quoted factual historical dates of quotes and press-releases, to show the real scale of the delay which is from Decemeber 2019 to Q2 2020
And they still can't keep a date or release even close to any timescale.

You are seriously repainting the facts to fit your narrative.

They did announce carriers for release on two different dates in 2018, both of which got bumped and then we were told that after taking all of 2019 to fix bugs we would have carriers in Dec of 2019.

For 2yrs now every time carriers are 2 months from release they get a delivery date push out NOT to polish carriers, but to crush more bugs that they created.

It's the same old excuse and apologists keep letting them get away with it.

Repainting the facts? I am merely listing sources unlike yourself.
  • Which two different 2018 release dates were announced for carriers?
  • August 2018 is not 2 months before December 2018
  • So you claim that Fleet Carriers got bumped in 2018 due to the "bugs it created" and not shelved at concept stage due to the workload of the rest of Beyond Q4? Where is your source, I was clear with mine.
  • Who told who that 2019 would be about "fixing bugs"? Again lets see the source. In the real world, 2019 was minor updates focussed on New Player Experience and UI improvements.
Sorry who exactly is "repainting facts to fit a narrative"?

Last edited by a moderator:
i won't lie, i'm mad because the Fleet Carrier was the thing i was the most hyped for Beyond

Also, you should really tell us what is the major update of 2020
Because there is 3 majors possibilities for it :
  • Spaceleg
  • Atmospheric
  • a huge disappointment

There is also the possibility that we can have none of the above.

examples please! Lists are better than vague slogans. And what isn't close to a timescale? You mean they don't use time or you experience time at a different scale?
SO you say that carriers have only been delayed for potentially 6 months because the original concept was a squadron carrier? That is disingenuous at best.

Carriers were supposed to come in Beyond chapter 4, they did not. Frontier specifically said multiple times that the feature was not canceled, but postponed.

It is then teased/announced they are coming in Q4 2019. Now we find out that they should instead come in Q2 2020.

In sum carriers have been delayed from Q4 2018 to Q2 2020, well over 6 months. It also shows that FD ave blown their own deadline 2 times. THEIR OWN deadline.

There is no excuse other than mismanagement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom