An absolute MUST HAVE feature needed - animal management policies

If you're going to have a park that wants to have any animals that breed fast (here's looking at you frogs) then nearly all your time is going to be spent constantly selling your animals that you'll almost never get to actually build. All I have in my park are 3 frog exhibits and already half my time is spent selling off my frogs to make money and to keep group sizes under control.

I'm shocked this game doesn't have a way to set up a policy so that animal handlers automatically sell animals after they reach a certain limit. For example, I should be able to set a policy that sells off my Giant Frogs anytime my population reaches 3 or more and also able to set up policy that keeps 1 male and 1 female. Because I can't have my staff do these things for me, I'm stuck doing them to the point where I want to just not have the exhibit.

In fact, this is recommended by many people here - don't have exhibits. If making my park and play experience better means I have to NOT use certain things the game is designed to have, isn't that a giant red flag something is wrong?

This needs to be implemented or else the micromanagement of the game will become unbearable.

Here's hoping you take this into consideration.

I’m not opposed to having a sort of policy for this, however if your zoo depends on the breeding of frogs I would advice investing in some peacocks or other animals. You can still breed your frogs but I would put them on anticonceptives most of the time and when I feel like it or remember spend short times breeding them until you get sick of that, put them back on contraceptives and go build something until you’re reminded of your frogs again.

I'd agree with the OP. Part of management includes devolved authority. I did create a post in the suggestions part of the forum (this is in feedback), but why not have a role for senior zookeeper and once a zookeeper reaches level 5 they can be trained to be a senior zookeeper. That role in turn is assigned to a habitat (or range of habitats) and you can set policies per species accordingly. The higher the training level, the more accurately they follow the policies.

I agree with this , i wanted to have a lot of different species so i built a spot with 6 of the vivariums in it , I found out if you put 2 of each insect in them then you end up with 2 choices .

1 constantly selling off the insects as they breed faster than i can transfer them to the trade centre
2 put them on contraceptives , whereupon you are forever going to the trade centre to buy more as they die faster than its worth doing

The spiders especially , after 5-10 minutes game time i had 20 in one vivarium and 27 in another which of course meant i was then over run with protesters

Last edited:
I think this would be a pretty cool idea.
Yeah, like the others say - you could put them on contraceptives but that defeats the purpose because you want the little bit of income from the babies.

I currently have about 12 exhibits for frogs and snakes but I can't keep up with the constant breeding AND manage my bigger animals at the same time. So, I put all the frogs and snakes on birth control, but then I still end up forgetting about them and they die from old age. I could be better at managing everything but this would be a nice feature.

I think it makes sense to sell them especially at the beginning, but once you reach a solid profit and stream of money, put a pair in and give them contraceptives and let them be. I have over 300k money and a solid income and I see no point in letting them breed like crazy since those extra 2k I'd be getting from selling 6 frogs doesn't even make much of a difference.

If you bread animals, you eventually get confused where a a family line ends or begins. I haven't found a way to stop inbreeding yet. Unless I gve my animals numbers and write everything down with pen and paper. My wife thinks I am studying Chinese :p

Pen and paper person here too... It's a minefield!

There is a thread re family tree which I think is vital if inbreeding is part of the game.

Also important to note that for certain species its just a way of life. So maybe less of a breeding alert for those species

I think it makes sense to sell them especially at the beginning, but once you reach a solid profit and stream of money, put a pair in and give them contraceptives and let them be. I have over 300k money and a solid income and I see no point in letting them breed like crazy since those extra 2k I'd be getting from selling 6 frogs doesn't even make much of a difference.

That is, and should remain, a choice for each individual. Your comment is about 6 frogs but when applied to Wild Dogs AND Warthogs, I am regularly releasing a few dozen at a time into the wild (as I can't be bothered messing around with the market for extra cc - plus I would need to do it twice as you only have room for 30 animals)

Like many others on here something that works for you is great, but don't apply it to everyone. If they implement an option to enable animal management policies that would work for so many people and doesn't prevent you from doing what you do today...

For example, when I breed the dogs and hogs I often look to keep those who are really highly rated in the hope that I can breed to 100% across all categories. So I may keep about 1 in 20. Kind of impossible if I enact your 'fix' and use contraceptives...

A few habitats and guest shops makes the profit from guests steady enough to not need the exhibit breeding profits. I have three habitats and im sitting on more cash than i can spend, selling exhibit animals for cash just isn't worth it by that point. I say stuff some contraceptives down the frogs and get to the fun part instead :)

A few habitats and guest shops makes the profit from guests steady enough to not need the exhibit breeding profits. I have three habitats and im sitting on more cash than i can spend, selling exhibit animals for cash just isn't worth it by that point. I say stuff some contraceptives down the frogs and get to the fun part instead :)

Again completely ignoring the other non-exhibit comments.

So what is the fun part? Managing the sale of 30-75 mammals every 1-2 years?

Again completely ignoring the other non-exhibit comments.

So what is the fun part? Managing the sale of 30-75 mammals every 1-2 years?

Planning intentional breeding instead of just piling frogs, seeing the zoo alive and in action, building cool looking habitats and scenery? Pretty much anything else that the game has to offer, besides frog farming, is the fun part. I do agree on your idea though, it would be a much better way to manage exhibits.

Top Bottom