Night Life! Nocturnal animals DLC

Who doesn't love nocturnal houses in zoos?

Also a great chance to teach guests (and by extension players) about light pollution.

Animals which could fit:
  1. Aye Aye
  2. Galago
  3. Slow Loris
  4. Giant Cloud Rat
  5. Clouded Leopard
  6. European Hedgehog
  7. Margay
  8. Sugar Glider
  9. Panamanian night monkey
  10. Indian Porcupine
  11. Binturong
  12. Kinkajou
  13. Nine banded Armadillo
  14. Giant Armadillo
  15. Kiwi Bird
Animals which would require flying AI (maybe after an avian DLC?):
  1. Vampire Bat
  2. Big eared Bat
  3. Mexican long-tongued bat
  4. Egyptian fruit bat
  5. Giant golden-crowned flying fox (My Favorites!)
  6. Barn Owl
  7. Great Horned Owl
  8. Burrowing Owl
  9. Snow Owl
  10. Eurasian eagle-owl
Would you guys like such a pack? What would you wnat in it?

If they did this they would need to include blacklights and some type of mechanic where the animals will only be awake during the daytime if they are inside with black lighting.
This would require an "indoor building" mechanic, which the game hasn't got yet if I am not mistaken.

Who doesn't love nocturnal houses in zoos?

Also a great chance to teach guests (and by extension players) about light pollution.

Animals which could fit:
  1. Aye Aye
  2. Galago
  3. Slow Loris
  4. Giant Cloud Rat
  5. Clouded Leopard
  6. European Hedgehog
  7. Margay
  8. Sugar Glider
  9. Panamanian night monkey
  10. Indian Porcupine
  11. Binturong
  12. Kinkajou
  13. Nine banded Armadillo
  14. Giant Armadillo
  15. Kiwi Bird
Animals which would require flying AI (maybe after an avian DLC?):
  1. Vampire Bat
  2. Big eared Bat
  3. Mexican long-tongued bat
  4. Egyptian fruit bat
  5. Giant golden-crowned flying fox (My Favorites!)
  6. Barn Owl
  7. Great Horned Owl
  8. Burrowing Owl
  9. Snow Owl
  10. Eurasian eagle-owl
Would you guys like such a pack? What would you wnat in it?

I would be all about this sort of pack! The binturong, kinkajou, any sort of porcupine, kiwi, and an armadillo are high on my "want" list and could easily fit within the current context of the game as far as habitat design is concerned. Animals like the aye-aye, cloud rat, slow loris, and sugar glider are high on my "want" list too, but might be too small for a standard habitat (although I do hope Frontier allows for smaller habitats that are 2-4 times the size of the current exhibits--and set it up so that the keepers don't necessarily need to enter the exhibits to clean them/feed the animals; I can see exhibits for those animals being small and too cluttered for that, but I'd still really like to be able to design the exhibits from scratch).

The flying animals are on there too, especially some sort of bat and an owl.

If they did this they would need to include blacklights and some type of mechanic where the animals will only be awake during the daytime if they are inside with black lighting.

You can "fake it" in sandbox mode by turning the time to night and putting lights in the exhibit that are a red or blue hue. It's not quite as effective (as some of the lights aren't bright enough). But it's better than nothing!

Being able to turn lights on/off manually would actually be a very valuable addition to the game...

I also want a Option to turn Lights on during the day. I've built a Aye-aye Enclosure in the Beta just for Fun and was a bit disappointed because the blue Lights were only on during Night which makes it useless to make this kind of Enclosure even though it would be really awesome

And of course yes to Aye-ayes and other nocturnal Animals. I would like a Hammer-headed Bat. It lives in small Groups and especially the males look awesome

I also want a Option to turn Lights on during the day. I've built a Aye-aye Enclosure in the Beta just for Fun and was a bit disappointed because the blue Lights were only on during Night which makes it useless to make this kind of Enclosure even though it would be really awesome

And of course yes to Aye-ayes and other nocturnal Animals. I would like a Hammer-headed Bat. It lives in small Groups and especially the males look awesome.

Any chance I can see an image of your aye-aye enclosure? I'm actually working on a sandbox zoo that is at least 50% exhibits I'm designing "just for fun" with animals that aren't in the game, haha. So I'm curious to see what others are doing for enclosures like that for some of the "smaller" animals that aren't yet in the game!

Any chance I can see an image of your aye-aye enclosure? I'm actually working on a sandbox zoo that is at least 50% exhibits I'm designing "just for fun" with animals that aren't in the game, haha. So I'm curious to see what others are doing for enclosures like that for some of the "smaller" animals that aren't yet in the game!
Sure, it's somewhere in the Forum. I will show it when I find it

Edit: It's here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lemurs.525035/post-8054170

Last edited:
I like this idea over all..

Being able to turn lights on/off manually would actually be a very valuable addition to the game...
I like the off an on light feature your talking about.. But i am also wondering if the would not consider adding like a dimmer switch, which still gives you the off and on feature but adds in the dimming light feature as well..

I think it would be also good to have some kind of special Wall and Roof which blocks more Sunlight. I needed to make a deep Cave for the Aye-aye Enclosure

If only Frontier were actually adding Animals to their dlcs. polar dlc brought us two polar animal,one mountain animal and one skin variant counted as brave new species.
although,i need armadillos so badly. What do you think. Could armadillos be habitat Animals? we would need more items for Tiny Animals then. Giant armadillos would be obviously habitat ones,and i want them so extremely much.

Top Bottom