Golkonda - why you chose Federation instead Empire?

I always wonder why so many support the Federation. Maybe your colleagues have got too much background knowledge about StarTrek and StarWars? Maybe I can help you with a hyperjump/-link: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Federation

According the official background lore, if the Federation wins the Golkonda inhabitants expect a terrible life, from which they fled hundreds of years ago. Where every day begins at 9:00 a.m. with a boring meeting with annoying colleagues and a lousy machine brewed coffee, followed by endless hours of meaningless work for inadequate pay, before you can escape into any virtual realities in the evening.

I would rather hang myself with the cable of a VR headset before I would have to suffer that.

I think I need enjoy a decadent imperial something in my Imperial Cutter just to remove that filthy imagination ...

And now join the Empire: https://inara.cz/squadron/85/

I support neither, but the slave-thing and also the monarchy-thing usually make me more inclined towards the Federation.
However, this time I totally would have supported the Empire. Their approach makes the most sense regarding many aspects and would have aligned well with my pilot persona.
BUT, the Feds are in the lead by a lot. So I then thought that it makes more sense to support them, to give those poor souls on the Golconda the best station they can get.

I really hope that the Alliance builds in secret another Generation ship and just gives it to them. That would have made the most sense; wokring for a new generation ship. But I guess the universe hasn't had enough ressources for that :p

I support neither, but the slave-thing and also the monarchy-thing usually make me more inclined towards the Federation.
However, this time I totally would have supported the Empire. Their approach makes the most sense regarding many aspects and would have aligned well with my pilot persona.
BUT, the Feds are in the lead by a lot. So I then thought that it makes more sense to support them, to give those poor souls on the Golconda the best station they can get.

I really hope that the Alliance builds in secret another Generation ship and just gives it to them. That would have made the most sense; wokring for a new generation ship. But I guess the universe hasn't had enough ressources for that :p
Once they've got a new base and a couple of ships they can go VOpal mining, in a few weeks they can buy a jump capable mega ship and do what they like.

Once they've got a new base and a couple of ships they can go VOpal mining, in a few weeks they can buy a jump capable mega ship and do what they like.
Nah! they should do the mining but wait until next year and buy a Fleet Carrier then they can really break free.

The Feds are going to enslave the crew of the Golconda into an outpost. The glorious Empire would give them a planet.

Given the population in some systems without an earth-like planet that does not seem to be a problem.
But isn't the gravity a problem? After all they can't just increase the rotation.

I chose the “remain in space” option because Wilma Deering Erin Gray told me in an audio log how they’d had the chance to go dirt-side in ages past and rejected it, and I can’t believe anyone who rocks shiny spandex like her would ever tell fibs to me!

BiddyBiddyBiddy 😜

I dunno, I figure the Empire and Federation both want to make the Golcanda crew dependent on them, the only difference is that the Federation is just being up front and honest about it.

So instead of allowing them the opportunity to expand on a planet the feds are going to confine them in a steel box. At least the Empire's cage would of been gilded.

Top Bottom