Planet Zoo - Update 1.0.4

I'm wondering if my problem is related to the folks who's zoo won't load at all... my franchise park loads, but the frame rate is really low, around 10 FPS if I allow the game to run. (Around 20-ish if paused). It takes quite a while to load up, so maybe that's where others are getting stuck. I put in an issue last Wednesday, here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/10416

(And it's not my computer or any big blueprints or anything. My buildings are minimal and I can run a career mode park that has more people just fine.)

People demanded refunds when they did not see the animal they wanted REALLY to see, even if this animal wasnt at the Zoo anymore. I sold all of my Lions because of the food costs and changed the habitat into a different one - still the guests came in wanting to see the Lions and demanded a refund because they are not there anymore. Is this fixed now?
If not, maybe make it so Guests only want to see animals that are actually IN the Zoo currently?

Code:
Fixing refunds was fun. Made you focus on guest thoughts more and try and work on improving negative feedback. Took me 2 hours to go back through my old parts and tweak them.
Sure except there is no real fix when they are super unhappy because the crowds used your staff paths...and then staff quit because of all the people watching over their shoulders as they worked! (or maybe watching them in the coffee room wondering when they'll get out to fix that barrier)

Last edited:
Is anyone else having issues with keepers not feeding after the update? My animals are starving. I'm keeping a watch on the empty bowls and calling the keepers and they will not feed them. I have to keep boxing my animals up and sending them to the trade centre so they're fed.

I've noticed that the "turn off illness" feature in Sandbox seems to not be working properly. A bunch of my flamingos contracted a disease with the filter turned on.

I hope that the conclusion of the "refunds issue based on bugs" isn't "Players hate high refunds (= challenge) and we'll therefore keep them low from now on", but "Let's reduce the refunds until we were able to fix the bugs causing surreal ammounts of them and let's try to balance them again after everything related works as intended."

Excellent post, and my feelings too. I don't want to sound too negative but judging strictly from the outside by reading the meager patch notes, it sounds like the devs are putting a band-aid on the symptom rather than fixing the underlying issues. That's not a bad thing to do temporarily while working on the real problem, but if that's the case I wish the devs had communicated it as such, e.g. "This quick fix should help players avoid bankruptcy due to refunds while we adjust the underlying systems".

I'm just playing Sandbox now anyway, so I'm having fun! ;)

Excellent post, and my feelings too. I don't want to sound too negative but judging strictly from the outside by reading the meager patch notes, it sounds like the devs are putting a band-aid on the symptom rather than fixing the underlying issues. That's not a bad thing to do temporarily while working on the real problem, but if that's the case I wish the devs had communicated it as such, e.g. "This quick fix should help players avoid bankruptcy due to refunds while we adjust the underlying systems".

I'm just playing Sandbox now anyway, so I'm having fun! ;)
Chante did provide us with more insight in this post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-update-1-0-4.531724/post-8173882

This sort of information wouldn't normally be found in patch notes since it's talking about future development and ideas. Patch notes are meant to state simply what's been changed in the current production build. That said, the ideas that Chante mentioned are VERY exciting for those who want to get more into the details about the finances.

Chante did provide us with more insight in this post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-update-1-0-4.531724/post-8173882

This sort of information wouldn't normally be found in patch notes since it's talking about future development and ideas. Patch notes are meant to state simply what's been changed in the current production build.

Yes, I read that and it's a help but still not entirely clear.

The sort of information I described in my post should definitely be included in patch notes because it's describing the intent of the patch. It's not detailing future plans, except in the most general sense of reassuring players that it's only a temporary helping hand while work continues. That's very much what patch notes should include, along with the list of actual changes, so that players can understand the context of the fixes in the patch.

Yes, I read that and it's a help but still not entirely clear.

The sort of information I described in my post should definitely be included in patch notes because it's describing the intent of the patch. It's not detailing future plans, except in the most general sense of reassuring players that it's only a temporary fix while work continues. That's very much what patch notes should include, along with the list of actual changes, so that players can understand the context of the fixes in the patch.

Sure, I don't disagree with you on the context. I was referring more to the possible new features that the team may later put in which shows the details of the refunds. I wouldn't expect to see those in notes. But, since we did get a response from the team within hours of the patch, I guess there's no harm, no foul.

Which part was not entirely clear? Maybe we can get more info.

Hi can we have better solutions for lag? I've done lowest graphics and the in-game click speed (idk what it's called) but still alot of lag and crashes

Hi can we have better solutions for lag? I've done lowest graphics and the in-game click speed (idk what it's called) but still alot of lag and crashes

I have some annoying lag since the latest patch. Didnt experience any lag before while playing on ultra settings.. :(

Top Bottom