ANNOUNCEMENT Jurassic World Evolution: Raptor Squad Skin Collection OUT NOW

I believe they were referring to something more immersive, more useful than just mere skins that don't Change anything about the actual gaming experience at all...
You can finally make the raptors from the film, something we've all been wanting for a year and a half, and many people have also been remaking their pen from World for them to live in, I'd call that a change to the gaming experience. As for the price, it's less than what the Mii costumes for Smash Ultimate cost per skin, and Frontier has to pay its employees, bills, and other costs. Sorry, I just find all of this fuss over something that costs less than a king-sized candy bar to be really silly and borderline entitled.

You can finally make the raptors from the film, something we've all been wanting for a year and a half, and many people have also been remaking their pen from World for them to live in, I'd call that a change to the gaming experience. As for the price, it's less than what the Mii costumes for Smash Ultimate cost per skin, and Frontier has to pay its employees, bills, and other costs. Sorry, I just find all of this fuss over something that costs less than a king-sized candy bar to be really silly and borderline entitled.
YES, FINALLY! It makes sense to me, just never explained it all that well

No, it doesn't change the gaming experience. It changes the look of the game a bit, just a bit, but the gameplay stays all the same.
A price of two bucks, maybe even three or four would've been justified if we had gotten four new Raptors instead of four cosmetic skins. Like that each Raptor from the Squad has its own stats and rating that differs them from the regular Velociraptor.
Oh, and don't come with "fRoNtiEr HaS tO pAy iTs eMplOyEeS", they seemingly didn't have a problem with releasing an entirely new dinosaur, the Nasuceratops, with skins included for free. They just knew the entire community was waiting for Blue and the other three Raptors, that's why they charged money for the pack. Supply and demand, when demand's high, prices will go up. And just because there are other skins or packs that are even more expensive that doesn't make this any better.

No, it doesn't change the gaming experience. It changes the look of the game a bit, just a bit, but the gameplay stays all the same.
A price of two bucks, maybe even three or four would've been justified if we had gotten four new Raptors instead of four cosmetic skins. Like that each Raptor from the Squad has its own stats and rating that differs them from the regular Velociraptor.
Oh, and don't come with "fRoNtiEr HaS tO pAy iTs eMplOyEeS", they seemingly didn't have a problem with releasing an entirely new dinosaur, the Nasuceratops, with skins included for free. They just knew the entire community was waiting for Blue and the other three Raptors, that's why they charged money for the pack. Supply and demand, when demand's high, prices will go up. And just because there are other skins or packs that are even more expensive that doesn't make this any better.

OK we get it you aren't buying this DLC. Move along.

skins really aren't that taxing - we had the skin mod that gave us the raptor squad over a year ago. All you're doing with skins is laying a new texture map over a model. And considering this is Jurassic World Evolution and the film released alongside a World film, and the raptor squad are World dinosaurs those skins should have been in the base game. That's why people are miffed at having to pay anything for these skins

Personally skins of any description should be FoC purely because it's just a graphic layer. But especially skins that are the World film characters. It's not the price, it's the principle

Yeah Frontier has to pay employees, bills etc but you think they're relying on a $2 skin pack to pay their employees? If they did that then they'd go under in a week. Higher priced DLC that adds substantial content (ala RTJP) is a better candidate for the "need to pay people" argument

At the end of the day people who want to outright support everything can buy the skins. People who want the skins but are loathed to pay can buy and then complain after, and people like me who don't care to pay for these kinds of cosmetics can skip it. Doesn't make anyone entitiled

The new skins have been stressed to be simple look-a-likes. This is likely done to circumvent the problem of having multiple of the same character existing at once (especially when most of them are supposed to be dead).

The new skins have been stressed to be simple look-a-likes. This is likely done to circumvent the problem of having multiple of the same character existing at once (especially when most of them are supposed to be dead).

A non-issue by Frontier and universal easily "mistaken" for laziness.

Blue and the other raptors are as much individuals as Cabot Finch or John Hammond. It’d be equally jarring to see multiple of Hammond or Finch as it would to have multiple of Blue.

Are we talking about Young "100% bang" Finch or his older, insufferable self?

At any rate, Blue & the other raptors display a unique skin pattern - in addition to a unique personality. No reason the skin pattern couldn't be replicated since the personality can't.

Are we talking about Young "100% bang" Finch or his older, insufferable self?

At any rate, Blue & the other raptors display a unique skin pattern - in addition to a unique personality. No reason the skin pattern couldn't be replicated since the personality can't.
Which is exactly why the DLC skins are stressed to be look-a-likes, and not the actual characters.

We're talking about a park that can resurrect extinct animals: such explanations should be evident from the beginning.
You answered it yourself in that; They may have revived Blue, Echo, Delta and Charlie, but they aren't the originals. They are still look-a-likes. DNA is the same, but the way we've built it, they aren't in that same explanation. Though fundamentally, no matter what anyone says, yes, they are the same creatures. Though they could gave just stolen the genes for the appearance, and left everything else up to chance.

You answered it yourself in that; They may have revived Blue, Echo, Delta and Charlie, but they aren't the originals. They are still look-a-likes. DNA is the same, but the way we've built it, they aren't in that same explanation. Though fundamentally, no matter what anyone says, yes, they are the same creatures. Though they could gave just stolen the genes for the appearance, and left everything else up to chance.

I must have been unclear to you: when I say "evident" I mean "obvious" - I never said they'd be the same characters. But the justification for not having lookalikes was flimsy, at best.

Well, just bought the skin pack, I've been wanting them in the game for a while and they're still pretty good skins even if I'm not going to mass produce them with it

I am in love with the raptor skins, I love blue.echo, delta and (cant remember the other one,) in the movie. I literally downloaded the game just for the skins. I havent tried it yet but i am looking for a perfect stream day to show it off :)

Top Bottom