(SOLVED) Keepers don't clean terraformed pools?

I haven't done much (virtually nothing) with terraforming yet, but when the cheetah challenge came up I decided to make 5 identical habitats to mass breed cheetahs. Even though cheetahs don't require water, I decided to add a small pool in the middle of each of their habitats. It's fun for me to see the Cheetahs take a swim!

The issue I'm now having is that the Keepers don't ever clean those pools. Weirdly, the pool in my first Cheetah habitat is never dirty. But the pools in the other 4 always get dirty. I figured out I can remove the water and replace it to instantly clean it myself, but I really need the Keepers to do this! One of my baby cheetahs just got sick from drinking bad water, and I have to assume it's because of the dirty pool. (The Water Pipe in his habitat appears to be clean, with no reported issues.)

It should be noted that while I was able to copy/paste the contents of the habitats to create identical ones, I could not get a blueprint to work for me, so I made the pools all by hand in each habitat.

Edit: Attempted to attach a screenshot, but the website is giving me issues. Probably don't need one anyway, really.

You need water treatment buildings for natural (terraformed) pools of water. That job is outside of the scope of the keeper's tasks. You find them under facilities in the same place as power transformers, solar panels and wind turbines.

You need water treatment buildings for natural (terraformed) pools of water. That job is outside of the scope of the keeper's tasks. You find them under facilities in the same place as power transformers, solar panels and wind turbines.

OMG I am a dunce. Thank you, I will fix that now. (I never could figure out exactly what the water thing was for, since bathrooms and shops don't seem to require water. Derp!)

OMG I am a dunce. Thank you, I will fix that now. (I never could figure out exactly what the water thing was for, since bathrooms and shops don't seem to require water. Derp!)
LOL, yah, it's for lakes, rivers, and natural pools of water that you create. You need at least part of the body of water to be in the radius of the water treatment building.

Be advised that for very large bodies of water where you can't cover the whole thing with one treatment plant, you may or may not need more than one with part of the water body in range to keep it clean. It all depends on how many animals are in habitats that can dirty the water.

Top Bottom