In the Beta Spirit...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Its not whining unless you have a toxic and obsessive hatred for the ads. This round of discussion was very civil and enjoyable until the two people who are frustrated merely at the fact people are talking joined the thread, and started saying so every other response.
Says a person who had to have one of their posts deleted for hostility in this thread...

In my experience, the most hostile folks around these parts are the ADS supporters. Several offer no constructive comments whatsoever and just bash the FSS and FDev. They don’t seem to realize that they’re undermining their side of the argument with their own immaturity and rudeness.

Says a person who had to have one of their posts deleted for hostility in this thread...

In my experience, the most hostile folks around these parts are the ADS supporters. Several offer no constructive comments whatsoever and just bash the FSS and FDev. They don’t seem to realize that they’re undermining their side of the argument with their own immaturity and rudeness.

You have absolutely no basis to comment because you are being hypocritical.

Your first post in this thread was a personal attack on the original poster with no contribution to the topic whatsoever. Who do you think you're kidding?

My mere point is the fact that the FSS has a far too simple and mundande use not to be automated, either make it something that is easier to believe it hasn't been automated or don't make us waste time playing trivial games, might as well make ED a production line:

iu
I guess the same is true for the ADS. Using the honk could be automated and flying in a straight line to the next body as well. With voice attack and auto pilot you could actually have that, no need to play the game.

You have absolutely no basis to comment because you are being hypocritical.

Your first post in this thread was a personal attack on the original poster with no contribution to the topic whatsoever. Who do you think you're kidding?
That’s because the OP has been belligerent to myself and others in the previous threads on this topic. Didn’t get a chance for turnabout last time around. I actually held back what I really wanted to say for the sake of civility.

That’s because the OP has been belligerent to myself and others in the previous threads on this topic. Didn’t get a chance for turnabout last time around. I actually held back what I really wanted to say for the sake of civility.

Really? Or was it that intense scrutiny of weak arguments led to opposers losing their cool.

I’ll happily let people judge for themselves.

Lol. Whats PG then?

Wait... player group?
Yeah, our private group of players has dwindled to 'nil' because of the one thing that we never did while travelling... leaving trash behind, the Autoresolve means that if we don't want to leave part explored systems we have to do everything in every system we honk in our encounters, during the previous 3-4 years of traveller exploring we visited thousands of systems and left then as clean as a whistle for another player to come and claim were they to wan't them, with the advent of the 3.3 drop Autoresolve has ensured our travels are littered like the aftermath of a rock concert (unfinished crap all over).
There are ways to contort my play to emulate the pre 3.3 results like not selling incomplete systems that I've made notes of on paper... but how long is that list going to be?
how long do I have to do stupid stuff that I don't want to... the answer is...

When the fun stops STOP.
and our fun stopped at 3.3.

Sorry to seemingly hack on you Burke, but such a great game deserved to be developed not castrated

Yeah, our private group of players has dwindled to 'nil' because of the one thing that we never did while travelling... leaving trash behind, the Autoresolve means that if we don't want to leave part explored systems we have to do everything in every system we honk in our encounters, during the previous 3-4 years of traveller exploring we visited thousands of systems and left then as clean as a whistle for another player to come and claim were they to wan't them, with the advent of the 3.3 drop Autoresolve has ensured our travels are littered like the aftermath of a rock concert (unfinished crap all over).
There are ways to contort my play to emulate the pre 3.3 results like not selling incomplete systems that I've made notes of on paper... but how long is that list going to be?
how long do I have to do stupid stuff that I don't want to... the answer is...

When the fun stops STOP.
and our fun stopped at 3.3.

Sorry to seemingly hack on you Burke, but such a great game deserved to be developed not castrated

Hear, hear!

I guess the same is true for the ADS. Using the honk could be automated and flying in a straight line to the next body as well. With voice attack and auto pilot you could actually have that, no need to play the game.
Yes, the "automation" argument is incredibly inane. It doesn't add anything to the discussion in any way and just serves to derail it, pretending that it's a factor in one system and not another - especially considering, like you said, the game would basically end up playing itself. It just ignores the context of necessity for mechanics to suit a specific argument.

We were having a pretty productive conversation there for a few pages, until all this nonsense started.

We are in complete agreement. I dont think i have ever seen a game shoot itelf down in flames quite like ED has. From infinite possiblitys to canceled christmas. :)

Posting after midnight can often be hit or miss for me :) So if it needed correcting its all good.

There are ways to contort my play to emulate the pre 3.3 results like not selling incomplete systems that I've made notes of on paper...

Wow... thats hard core man! :D

Last edited:
...the Autoresolve means that if we don't want to leave part explored systems we have to do everything in every system we honk in our encounters...

during the previous 3-4 years of traveller exploring we visited thousands of systems and left then as clean as a whistle for another player to come and claim were they to wan't them, with the advent of the 3.3 drop Autoresolve has ensured our travels are littered like the aftermath of a rock concert (unfinished crap all over)...

Sadly, you don't even have to honk to leave trash behind... Just entering a system means the FSS will autoscan the main star (and any other bodies within circa 20Ls or so).

That was something that I wished could be at least turned off, as like you and your group, previously if I visited a system that didn't interest me I also left it entirely untouched and unclaimed. It wasn't enough in itself to stop me wanting to explore, but it's disappointing to know that there are numerous systems with my CMDR's name on just the main star and a bunch of asteroid belts, as I have been a completionist scanner for most of my time spent exploring.

Further throwing my 2 cents in here. I think if they would add the ADS features back in any capacity, it should require a module as before, and only show system map on the honk. It should not populate the nav panel or allow you to target undiscovered bodies. This way the traveler types can have some of their old.. whatever.. back without compromising anything about the new system.

I still maintain that Fdev wants people finding things rather than just using the game as a space picture book. I also do not understand the concept of leaving things for other CMDRs to scan. Depending on where you are, it is varying degrees of unlikely that another person will even enter that system.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with the FSS. I jumped out to beagle point and completely scanned every single system on my way there. (not on the way back because i was under a time crunch)

Further throwing my 2 cents in here. I think if they would add the ADS features back in any capacity, it should require a module as before, and only show system map on the honk. It should not populate the nav panel or allow you to target undiscovered bodies. This way the traveler types can have some of their old.. whatever.. back without compromising anything about the new system.

I still maintain that Fdev wants people finding things rather than just using the game as a space picture book. I also do not understand the concept of leaving things for other CMDRs to scan. Depending on where you are, it is varying degrees of unlikely that another person will even enter that system.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with the FSS. I jumped out to beagle point and completely scanned every single system on my way there. (not on the way back because i was under a time crunch)
But people have left the game in droves because of auto tagging. Something which happens in the background and will probably never see again as its doubtful you will ever jump to one of your own tagged systems as the likely hood of that is so low.

The horror of autotagging something which nobody will actually notice has seemed to ruin the whole experience of exploration for some people.

To be honest, I just don't get it. Seems to be a ridiculously minor issue to leave the game over.

But people have left the game in droves because of auto tagging. Something which happens in the background and will probably never see again as its doubtful you will ever jump to one of your own tagged systems as the likely hood of that is so low.

The horror of autotagging something which nobody will actually notice has seemed to ruin the whole experience of exploration for some people.

To be honest, I just don't get it. Seems to be a ridiculously minor issue to leave the game over.
The old system was actually worse in that regard because it tagged planets when you selected and flew towards them. Me and my PG (which is me and my cat) have a playstyle where we always fly stupidly in one direction but we don't want to tag something unless we know what it is (which we can't know unless we tag it). The old system ruined my playstyle which is why I stopped doing it before we even started.

Am I doing this right?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom