In the Beta Spirit...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If you say so, I don’t see that.
This right here is the real crux of the issue. Your inability to understand the counter arguments doesn’t mean they are weak; it’s a failure on your part.

Railing against FDev for making a decision you don’t like is one thing, but ignoring the reasoning behind it does not equate to there not being a valid reason.

This right here is the real crux of the issue. Your inability to understand the counter arguments doesn’t mean they are weak; it’s a failure on your part.

Railing against FDev for making a decision you don’t like is one thing, but ignoring the reasoning behind it does not equate to there not being a valid reason.

FD didn’t give any reasoning behind the decision - they just said ‘detrimental’ without saying why.
It’s not my understanding of the counter arguments that is weak, it’s the arguments themselves that are weak.

Not at all, we just seem to read exactly same words but come to different conclusions about what they meant.
Perhaps our own opinions colouring them somewhat.
Speak for yourself. What I referenced was fairly plainly stated, I suppose I can be bothered to point them out to you.
why should players not feel strongly about something that ruins their immersion
It sets undefined expectations based on completely subjective "immersion",
And then:
even if you didn't have to use it and it wouldn't affect you at all and thus would never notice it would diminish the game for you.
and then turns right around and says that the claims of immersion for others is invalid.
2+2=4, even if you don't want to be.
As for the goalposts, they haven’t moved at all.
No qualification, just saying "no", not a strong argument at all. I was pretty clear in my statement. Apparently your standards for your responses are rather low.

The ADS was needlessly removed and reinstating it would have no impact on FSS users at all, if they chose not to fit it.
There's that again! I thought immersion was so important? Or is it just when it's yours?
That removal remains the own goal that FD completely needlessly conceded, and could so easily rectify.
A lot of flawed and incorrect assumptions loaded into that statement with your choice of language. I guess let's jab at the use of the word "concession", which is wrong. The FSS was a design choice made by FD, not forced upon them. What you want is a "concession", so using the word in such a negative way is a bit lacking in self-awareness on your part.
All the rest is just fluff and nonsense.
Again, your comprehension is not the benchmark by which an argument is measured. Just because one doesn't understand calculus doesn't make it "nonsense".

But that’s your argument for not bringing it back.
Yup. You don't seem to understand the rather easy trap I laid for you to fall into.

Their immersion is a perfectly valid reason and have already said so in this very thread.

As I said. It seems someones immersion is a perfectly valid issue if it's inline with your own feelings/thoughts on the ADS, but you completely dismiss my own because it doesn't fall inline with your view point.

Anyway, it's an easy fix for the FSS. Just have it to get a tag, you have to select or zoom in on a planet. The ADS is certainly not needed for that.

Speak for yourself. What I referenced was fairly plainly stated, I suppose I can be bothered to point them out to you.

And then:

No qualification, just saying "no", not a strong argument at all. I was pretty clear in my statement. Apparently your standards for your responses are rather low.

There's that again! I thought immersion was so important? Or is it just when it's yours?

A lot of flawed and incorrect assumptions loaded into that statement with your choice of language. I guess let's jab at the use of the word "concession", which is wrong. The FSS was a design choice made by FD, not forced upon them. What you want is a "concession", so using the word in such a negative way is a bit lacking in self-awareness on your part.

Again, your comprehension is not the benchmark by which an argument is measured. Just because one doesn't understand calculus doesn't make it "nonsense".

You may well be projecting other people’s arguments on to me.
Immersion came up again in this thread largely because of autotagging and is also often stated as a reason not to bring the ADS back.
Autotagging is a bit meh, but I don’t really have strong feelings on that.

My argument has never been about immersion, I just don’t enjoy having to use the FSS all the time.
I’d much prefer it if there was a layer of useful information available before using it, so that I could choose whether to use it. The ADS would provide that info and could easily be restored.

That’s pretty much all it is.

Yup. You don't seem to understand the rather easy trap I laid for you to fall into.

Their immersion is a perfectly valid reason and have already said so in this very thread.

As I said. It seems someones immersion is a perfectly valid issue if it's inline with your own feelings/thoughts on the ADS, but you completely dismiss my own because it doesn't fall inline with your view point.

Anyway, it's an easy fix for the FSS. Just have it to get a tag, you have to select or zoom in on a planet. The ADS is certainly not needed for that.

Sure, you really got me by undermining your own argument.

FD didn’t give any reasoning behind the decision - they just said ‘detrimental’ without saying why.
It’s not my understanding of the counter arguments that is weak, it’s the arguments themselves that are weak.
Again, your lack of knowledge of the reasoning does not equate to there not being a reason

As Big Mike said earlier, it’s highly likely that FDev want us to actually work for that coveted system map, rather than getting it for nothing. Until they themselves say otherwise, I think that’s a pretty reasonable conclusion.

It’s their game, and they can do what they like. A handful of malcontents doesn’t make a significant enough financial impact to warrant action. Therefore they have no real reason to go against their own decision.

Again, your lack of knowledge of the reasoning does not equate to there not being a reason

As Big Mike said earlier, it’s highly likely that FDev want us to actually work for that coveted system map, rather than getting it for nothing. Until they themselves say otherwise, I think that’s a pretty reasonable conclusion.

It’s their game, and they can do what they like. A handful of malcontents doesn’t make a significant enough financial impact to warrant action. Therefore they have no real reason to go against their own decision.

Speculation about FD’s reasoning doesn’t make it ‘highly likely’.
Also, ignoring that the map is not ‘complete’ after an ADS honk.

It is FD’s game, they can do what they want.
But when they make a bad decision, they should expected to keep hearing about it until they put it right.

What reasoning would that be? Mind you, I'm not interested in your reasoning so please provide a citation.

Sure, you really got me by undermining your own argument.
This might blow your mind, but everyone doesn't have an agenda that they seemingly must adhere to, some people are actually having an honest discussion. The fact that you think acknowledging what other players want undermines an argument says a lot.

You’ll either need to back that up or retract it.
Hey do me a favor and look up "burden of proof", and consider which of us made a claim, and which of us challenged it.

Fun fact: it was you making a claim! I hope you learned something today, though I doubt it.

Speculation about FD’s reasoning doesn’t make it ‘highly likely’.
Also, ignoring that the map is not ‘complete’ after an ADS honk.

It is FD’s game, they can do what they want.
But when they make a bad decision, they should expected to keep hearing about it until they put it right.
Your subjective view of their decision is irrelevant. Software companies make decisions that upset one person or another all the time. One person’s bad decision is another person’s good one.

The very software company you claim to work for hacked me off when they removed the fun little “blank slate” manned scenarios from Take On Mars when it hit full release. Do I nag them constantly about it? No. Why? Because it would be immature to do so.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom