Credits are too easy now.

I have a problem? Please explain why?. I was not calling people serial killers out of the game... But what else would you call deliberately targeting pilots federation members within the game? And how do you think the pilots federation would plausibly handle its members going on rampan killing sprees like the distant ganks event for instance.
I can't take credit for solo mode or PG implementation..... However thanks for the compliment , it is a fact that without those features the game would have failed KSer so it's quite the praise........
I am not asking open to be removed so enjoy ED however you like and I will do the same. However I would kindly request you lay off the personal attacks .... Or not, sup to you if you want to get banned.

personal attacks?!?!?!?!?? ok now i think u are just a troll!

without solo mode the game would have been a fail?! do u have any proof?

again, im all for community votes (ingame ofcourse) and u gonna see what the majority of the community wants, but i guess u are against any democratic system ;)
most of my rl and ingame friends would have never touch the game if it doesnt have open mode and the freedom to attack anyone everywhere! that is one of the features that makes the game interesting and thrilling (btw im not a PK, im a miner/hauler)! i mean im happy for you that frontier gave u solo mode, otherwise the chance would be high they would have already destroyed open with carebear changes and made us all quit -.-

edit: ( also i dont get it why some people always think that a aerver with open pvp is a 24/7 gankfest?! i never got attackd so far, the Galaxie of elite is so freakin big, if someone says he doesnt find a place without players that attack him he is just a troll and liar! or look at wow classic that just got released, same Story! a small bunch of People cried that pvp Servers will die on launch because gankers and that the majority only will Play on pve Servers.... but the reallity is,... all the pvp servers are FULL pop servers and it got to the point that Blizzard had to open more and more new Servers short after launch! what about the pve servers? all low or normal pop lol
i tell you, if we would have a ed pvp and a ed pve server u would see the same, the pvp server would be full and the pve one empty but i guess u will never believe me which is a normal move of people like u, i mean even if we would make 100 ingame votes,.... u are right and im wrong )

also why always splitt the community into pvers and pvpers and call pvpers vocal? for me elite dangerous pve/pvp is one game! there is no elite pve or elite pvp! its elite dangerous and the core of the game has both together! if u dont like this stay in solo mode, thats the reason why they made it!

if u want to play online with ur personal rules, just play private with ur Friends, who like to play like that too, but dont force other players into ur ruleset! i mean the game gives u the choice to play like u want! dont like to have player interaction in a online game? play in solo mode! dont like to see other players fighting in open mode? make ur own private session and set up ur own rules,.... i mean if so many people would like to play after ur rules ur private session must be full like hell.... lol

i want to enjoy the full version of elite dangerous with all ist Features(pve+pvp+mining+exploring+trading+rp) so i stay in open mode! this is what i paid for and this is what i support with my money$$$!! and if a small minority of players want to change that and force their rules on the community then i gonna quit the game and im sure i wont be the only one!

edit:

i would say back to topic now ;)

Last edited:
I just did a test. I went from new account to Elite billionaire in 12 hours. I had to figure it out as I went, and I made a few mistakes. I reckon now that I know how do do it and without the RNG gods conspiring against me, I might be able to do it in 9 hours. I can remember when it didn't matter whether you went for combat, trade or exploration, the quickest you could do it was about a month of playing all your spare time. After that, people discovered clever unintended ways of shortening that, but I only used normal intended gameplay. Why did they make it so easy now? It seems a bit too easy to me. Is it because new essential gameplay is coming where you need massive amount of credits to participate?
Yep, the game's balance financially and combat wise (PvE and PvP) has been borked and squandered over the past 3-4yrs... :(

Yep, the game's balance financially and combat wise (PvE and PvP) has been borked and squandered over the past 3-4yrs... :(

i made 6mill while afk for almost 2hours! i agree they need to make earning credits the way it was back in the day! it's way too easy now :/

personal attacks?!?!?!?!?? ok now i think u are just a troll!

without solo mode the game would have been a fail?! do u have any proof?

again, im all for community votes (ingame ofcourse) and u gonna see what the majority of the community wants, but i guess u are against any democratic system ;)
most of my rl and ingame friends would have never touch the game if it doesnt have open mode and the freedom to attack anyone everywhere! that is one of the features that makes the game interesting and thrilling (btw im not a PK, im a miner/hauler)! i mean im happy for you that frontier gave u solo mode, otherwise the chance would be high they would have already destroyed open with carebear changes and made us all quit -.-

also why do u splitt the community into pvers and pvpers and call pvpers vocal? for me elite dangerous pve/pvp is one game! there is no elite pve or elite pvp! its elite dangerous and the core of the game has both together! if u dont like this stay in solo mode, thats the reason why they made it!

if u want to play online with ur personal rules, just play private with ur Friends, who like to play like that too, but dont force other players into ur ruleset! i mean the game gives u the choice to play like u want! dont like to have player interaction in a online game? play in solo mode! dont like to see other players fighting in open mode? make ur own private session and set up ur own rules,.... i mean if so many people would like to play after ur rules ur private session must be full like hell.... lol

i want to enjoy the full version of elite dangerous with all ist Features(pve+pvp+mining+exploring+trading+rp) so i stay in open mode! this is what i paid for and this is what i support with my money$$$!! and if a small minority of players want to change that and force their rules on the community then i gonna quit the game and im sure i wont be the only one!

edit:

i would say back to topic now ;)
Wow you just totally made up some argument I was never having. Re read what you wrote and what I responded to instead of making stuff up

Open is what it is I am fine with it. Nonsense about carebear solo players killing the game not so much

I would like more depth too just without the PvP or forced MP.

I can understand the feeling for the forced PvP but how much a problem is it really ? I got 277 hours played. I play almost exclusively in open and I have never been attacked by another player. I have had people hogging the launchpad and that's reason I switch to solo occasionally.

I would be all for harder consequence for ganking outside of powerplay. Gank someone = you become an outlaw = you can't trade or repair at any starbase for a week and make longer for multiple offence.

Powerplay is consensual PvP so it's fair game to get killed then but you need to fix the launchpad issue to make this open only.

I can understand the feeling for the forced PvP but how much a problem is it really ?

It isn't much, but how we mitigate the risk it is an individual choice. We all have our coping strategies, mine is generally to not go to hotspots at peak times. I have been attacked by other players, it is just a part of the game & one I would not want to eliminate. But I can understand that others might.

Things which makes sense Ican embrace... Things which just look silly I avoid.
What made me decide to migrate from open to PG was after doing a 90min Hutton run a group of code "pirates"!playing bumper cars with ships who wanted to dock, with one of their members deliberately tyihg up the medium pad whilst ridiculing the traders in the instance.

That kind of think to me is just lame and it highlights how limited the response of the game is to jerk pilots (in game).
The reality is if a group of pilots did that their docking privalages would be revoked and they would all be shot on sight in systems with any relationship with the factions at Hutton.
The PG I play in are a group of 1000s of cmdrs who I feel play the game closer to how I think members of the same faction would play it..

I would have enjoyed the kind of MP game DB sold us but his vision was incredibly naive imo.

Engineers and PvP metabuilds just took these issues and dialed them to 11.

Now bringing back to topic..... A major reason for the imo insane credit inflation is so that players can treat 100 million + credit ships as disposible play things..... This is never how I envisioned the game would be and indeed is opposite to how FD said it would be .

I'd venture to say not everyone min-maxed their money, and in fact credits are not a big part of their gameplay. I have lots of credits and my favorite ship has a 3m rebuy, the fact I could go make a billion doesn't really matter if I don't need it.

Also, people are already overly cautious about flying in open, making money harder to earn certainly won't help even if that's not the main reason why people don't.

Also, people are already overly cautious about flying in open, making money harder to earn certainly won't help even if that's not the main reason why people don't.
This may be true but it also highlights the biggest hypocrisy of the game.

I want to play the game as envisaged where earning credits was a challenge, where you did everything you can to keep your ship in 1 piece and where destruction was a last resort.

On one hand in open some players made that impossible.... So many of us went to PGs.... Or solo... Where we get called care bear, cowards , or cheaters.
However on the other hand other players in open (sometimes the very same ones who consider themselves the courageous skilled pilots who dare to play in open) complain so much and demand any challenge in earning credits is removed from the game to feed a habit of throw away ships, and thus the game balance is wrecked , something which is forced on all the players.
Imo either open can stand on its own feet or it can't. FD screwing over the entire economy making credits worthless for a reason I suspect to make open palletable for those who want to throw away ships is a huge missstep imo.

And it isn't that I am asking FD to nerf credit making.... I am asking them to revert back to something closer to the vision they had before they nerfed the value of credits.

So I guess the disagreement here is which is the nerf, is it 100 million an HR credit earning is nerfing the economy, or is it cutting back the earnings to a plausible level that would be the nerf ?

I can understand the feeling for the forced PvP but how much a problem is it really ? I got 277 hours played. I play almost exclusively in open and I have never been attacked by another player. I have had people hogging the launchpad and that's reason I switch to solo occasionally.

I would be all for harder consequence for ganking outside of powerplay. Gank someone = you become an outlaw = you can't trade or repair at any starbase for a week and make longer for multiple offence.

Powerplay is consensual PvP so it's fair game to get killed then but you need to fix the launchpad issue to make this open only.

100% agree

saying that pvp is a problem is a freakin crybaby move! all the time i played i never got attackd (even after posting my position on a discord pvp/pirate channel)! the few times i saw players nothing happend! there are so many star systems the chance to see a player is so freakin low! (and some people want to remove pvp and reduce the player interaction even more?!?! rip elite)

pve, pvp, trading, mining, its all part of the game! removing just one of these systems will just end with people quitting the game! if u dont like player interaction just stay offline! i mean there is a big reason why frontier gave u guys solo and privat mode!!

and i guess if noone wants pvp like a small minority is claiming then just make a private group named ''no pvp/pve only'' and ur group should be full in no time,... or not... lol

Last edited:

And it isn't that I am asking FD to nerf credit making.... I am asking them to revert back to something closer to the vision they had before they nerfed the value of credits.
That is understandable, but credit grind AND mat grind would just be too much. And they rather stick to their precious power creep monstrosity.

100% agree

saying that pvp is a problem is a freakin crybaby move! all the time i played i never got attackd (even after posting my position on a discord pvp/pirate channel)! the few times i saw players nothing happend! there are so many star systems the chance to see a player is so freakin low!

pve, pvp, trading, mining, its all part of the game! removing just one of these systems will just end with people quitting the game! if u dont like player interaction just stay offline! i mean there is a big reason why frontier gave u guys solo and privat mode!!

and i guess if noone wants pvp like a small minority is claiming then just make a private group named ''no pvp/pve only'' and ur group should be full in no time,... or not... lol
wow your ignorance knows no bounds :D

1) ED cant play offline, everyone has an effect on the BGS and that is fine and is working as intended... which is part of the problem. A number of players hate that players in PGs and solo can effect the BGS whilst "hideing" from the "skilled" players in open.

2) you called me a troll when i told you to stop it with the attacks at those who play different to you, and there you go again with your crybabies nonsence......

3) setting up PvE only PGs is exactly what many do..... you clearly do not know about the mobius group - which does not surprise me going on your knowledge shown so far... a group which got so big it broke the entire game causing FD to have to split it into smaller groups, which is not ideal. last i remember it is currently 4 groups in size, hitting the group limit of 20,000 players per group (i could be wrong on exact numbers, i cant remember). which is percentage wise still a small number, but like i say was big enough to break the game

4) and again, many players myself included have accepted Open is what it is, mad max mode where players can do what ever the hell they want and the back ground sim does not push back..... hence the PGs...... what grinds my gears at least is getting called a carebear or a cheat or a cry baby for doing so.... using a feature which was clearly laid out back in 2013.

I used to play in open but coming accross players playing in a silly way which made no sense to get around station security was just rubbish imo, so we are where we are....... but sadly the credit inflation which now makes piracy or normal bulk trading along with many other things, totally pointless other than for role play is a real shame.... done largely so that players can have throw away 100 million credit ships. To me that is a shame.

PvP is only a problem when the game balance is altered to specifically cater for it........ In my game there are no players. There are members of the Pilots Federation and non members of the pilots federation...... PvP in ED imo needs to be done in such a way as not to breath the 4th wall. Some can do that but some cant, and those who cant spoil the apple cart of open for many. Like you say however I just play in PG and for the most part that is ok.

until the crazy credit inflation gets forced on the whole game.

PS just because you do not see other players who want to engage in PvP does not mean they do not exist. It depends a lot on geography, internet conection, the time you play and what systems you play in.

when the game 1st announced the idea was to have multiple open modes each with their own rules...... Personally I think that was a good idea however not sure how it could work, thanks mostly due to players who would deliberately try to grief other players by playing in a mode and trying to break its rules....... which would then likely lead to ghost ships able to pass through each other and friendly fire not being a thing thus removing any need to police your fire, which would be a bit pants imo. which has now digressed somewhat from the point in the OP about credit earning being out of control.

That is understandable, but credit grind AND mat grind would just be too much. And they rather stick to their precious power creep monstrosity.

the mat grind doesnt make sense, the credit grind does......... imo only a tiny amount of mats need to be ones you have to get yourself - things so rare money cant buy -

everything else such as natural resources from planets and specific parts from ships should all be purchasable with credits if you choose.

Last edited:
Coming back to this topic (I don't remember my original contributions), I'm not finding credits too easy for me personally. I've been grinding away all week at running missions for rank, taking on side-jobs for credits, and I still don't have enough for my E-rated Corvette. I've got something like 250 hours on my PC account, and I've played on PS4 since 2017, so I'm not a noob. Of course I could go mining, and someday I NEED to mine for Selene, but my point is that right now I feel like I'm working hard to get my dream ship.

On the other hand, it does feel silly seeing all these Harmless CMDRs flying Cutters... I see very few starter ships anymore. Don't worry, thanks to VR the humble Eagle is now one of my favorite ships to fly, so I'll bring some much-needed diversity to the Cutter-cluttered galaxy :D

Coming back to this topic (I don't remember my original contributions), I'm not finding credits too easy for me personally. I've been grinding away all week at running missions for rank, taking on side-jobs for credits, and I still don't have enough for my E-rated Corvette. I've got something like 250 hours on my PC account, and I've played on PS4 since 2017, so I'm not a noob. Of course I could go mining, and someday I NEED to mine for Selene, but my point is that right now I feel like I'm working hard to get my dream ship.

On the other hand, it does feel silly seeing all these Harmless CMDRs flying Cutters... I see very few starter ships anymore. Don't worry, thanks to VR the humble Eagle is now one of my favorite ships to fly, so I'll bring some much-needed diversity to the Cutter-cluttered galaxy :D
Just blow one or three of them up, to unclutter 😜

I confess, the pull to the dark side is strong when I encounter noobs unworthy to yield the power of Thor a Cutter / Conda / Corvette. This might be the closest thing to "honorable" ganking ;)
As long as those do not complain about free Arx it is fine with me even so the pull is strong ...

If your prefer pve bounty hunting in a HAZ for making money, you can faction stack pirate massacres for hunting pirates (I forget the target faction name even though Ive been doing it for a year or more, I think its Mbutsi Jet Syndicate) in Mbutsi, collecting pirate massacres from Rowley Port in LHS 277, and Jahn Dock in Momoirent. Only 25-30 light years from Jamerson Memorial. Once you reach allied rep with each faction for best mission rewards, depending on how many factions are offering massacres when you stop through each station you can make anywhere between 30 to 80 million per hour (occasionally 100+, but havent hit that amount yet since I starting playing ED again week before last) by yourself in a simple pve battle conda. If you've got interested mates to wing with you wont even need the battle conda and can still probably make even more money/complete missions quicker.

I only just found out ps4 players could export data to inara and so signed up for it, and havent yet been through the cmdr info in detail, but at a glance it would seem to indicate Ive made about 800 million there over the last 11 or so days (Inara says Ive made 1.2 billion in assets since Nov 29, and I know 400 was down in Maia, so roughly the rest was made in Mbutsi).

Also, I havent done any of the fancy new mining yet, but I hope its improved. Unlocking Selene back in 2.4 was the unholiest of grinds Ive yet done in Elite.

Top Bottom