Credits are too easy now.

wow your ignorance knows no bounds :D

1) ED cant play offline, everyone has an effect on the BGS and that is fine and is working as intended... which is part of the problem. A number of players hate that players in PGs and solo can effect the BGS whilst "hideing" from the "skilled" players in open.

2) you called me a troll when i told you to stop it with the attacks at those who play different to you, and there you go again with your crybabies nonsence......

3) setting up PvE only PGs is exactly what many do..... you clearly do not know about the mobius group - which does not surprise me going on your knowledge shown so far... a group which got so big it broke the entire game causing FD to have to split it into smaller groups, which is not ideal. last i remember it is currently 4 groups in size, hitting the group limit of 20,000 players per group (i could be wrong on exact numbers, i cant remember). which is percentage wise still a small number, but like i say was big enough to break the game

4) and again, many players myself included have accepted Open is what it is, mad max mode where players can do what ever the hell they want and the back ground sim does not push back..... hence the PGs...... what grinds my gears at least is getting called a carebear or a cheat or a cry baby for doing so.... using a feature which was clearly laid out back in 2013.

I used to play in open but coming accross players playing in a silly way which made no sense to get around station security was just rubbish imo, so we are where we are....... but sadly the credit inflation which now makes piracy or normal bulk trading along with many other things, totally pointless other than for role play is a real shame.... done largely so that players can have throw away 100 million credit ships. To me that is a shame.

PvP is only a problem when the game balance is altered to specifically cater for it........ In my game there are no players. There are members of the Pilots Federation and non members of the pilots federation...... PvP in ED imo needs to be done in such a way as not to breath the 4th wall. Some can do that but some cant, and those who cant spoil the apple cart of open for many. Like you say however I just play in PG and for the most part that is ok.

until the crazy credit inflation gets forced on the whole game.

PS just because you do not see other players who want to engage in PvP does not mean they do not exist. It depends a lot on geography, internet conection, the time you play and what systems you play in.

when the game 1st announced the idea was to have multiple open modes each with their own rules...... Personally I think that was a good idea however not sure how it could work, thanks mostly due to players who would deliberately try to grief other players by playing in a mode and trying to break its rules....... which would then likely lead to ghost ships able to pass through each other and friendly fire not being a thing thus removing any need to police your fire, which would be a bit pants imo. which has now digressed somewhat from the point in the OP about credit earning being out of control.

the mat grind doesnt make sense, the credit grind does......... imo only a tiny amount of mats need to be ones you have to get yourself - things so rare money cant buy -

everything else such as natural resources from planets and specific parts from ships should all be purchasable with credits if you choose.

u have a serious problem, where did i call u crybaby?!

i tell u again, if people with ur mindset get controll on the game and change it how they feel like its gonna die

let the community decide and not a single player who doesnt like its core features

u want to remove/change pvp because ist a thing from 2013? lol

i dont get u, why u dont create ur own privat session? make a rule that pvp isnt allowed and fine, u now have ur own no pvp / pve only galaxy! people who like that can join ur session! but dont force me and others into that! i didnt pay for ur rules! i did pay for elite dangerous!

Last edited:
Harmless Cutters break my immersion, so I consider that a favor :D
Too much grind for me to have a harmless Cutter any time soon. On the other hand a harmless Corvette could be mine tomorrow. I might well pick up a Conda too. I promised my self not to start on combat until I had reached at least one other Elite rank. It's posts like yours that give me the willpower not to break my promise. Maybe I should post some pictures when I get them :D

On the other hand, it does feel silly seeing all these Harmless CMDRs flying Cutters... I see very few starter ships anymore. Don't worry, thanks to VR the humble Eagle is now one of my favorite ships to fly, so I'll bring some much-needed diversity to the Cutter-cluttered galaxy :D

I've always thought of these ships (harmless CMDRs in expensive ships) as kind of like the Donald Trumps of the universe. CMDRs that have inherited a lot of money or ships but just haven't learned to fly them yet.

Yep, the game's balance financially and combat wise (PvE and PvP) has been borked and squandered over the past 3-4yrs... :(

I cant see how they can fix it now :(

How do countries whos populace has excessive amounts of cash in a short time frame fix it ?

I cant see how they can fix it now :(
Well, fixing the core-mineral supply/demand prices is the first step. But they've taken too long, that's why so many people are irreverantly up in arms about it (even though it's not an actual nerf to maximal prices...). It was no different for:
  • Seeking Luxuries ( coz that was such a cash cow >.> )
  • Removing mission stacking; and
  • Removing board flipping.

Well, fixing the core-mineral supply/demand prices is the first step. But they've taken too long, that's why so many people are irreverantly up in arms about it (even though it's not an actual nerf to maximal prices...). It was no different for:
  • Seeking Luxuries ( coz that was such a cash cow >.> )
  • Removing mission stacking; and
  • Removing board flipping.

Oh yes I agree its a step in the right direction.
Just a year or so too late.

Deleted member 182079

D
I've always thought of these ships (harmless CMDRs in expensive ships) as kind of like the Donald Trumps of the universe. CMDRs that have inherited a lot of money or ships but just haven't learned to fly them yet.
Hehe yeah so true. Must admit as a normally goody-two-shoes player, I've been mightily tempted to have a go at those ships (I have yet to pop my PK cherry after 4 years in the game).

Although, they could just be players who have no interest in combat, and 'earned' those ships through other means.

Then again, the first thing that usually pops into my mind as to how they got there is 1. buy game 2. google fastest-how-to guides for rank and credits 3. grind-grind-grind.

Nothing really wrong with that either, but hard to tell which applies.

Hehe yeah so true. Must admit as a normally goody-two-shoes player, I've been mightily tempted to have a go at those ships (I have yet to pop my PK cherry after 4 years in the game).

Although, they could just be players who have no interest in combat, and 'earned' those ships through other means.

Then again, the first thing that usually pops into my mind as to how they got there is 1. buy game 2. google fastest-how-to guides for rank and credits 3. grind-grind-grind.

Nothing really wrong with that either, but hard to tell which applies.

I don't really see them as any different from PvP players who focus only on the part of the game they are interested in.

In both cases I offer them a purpose - a reason to play. I figure anyone I meet in Open who replies to an o7 is a potential ally & worth trying to help :)

Well today I'm a barely Competent owner of an E-rated Corvette, and now I have just enough credits for one rebuy. So the Corvette will be going into storage for awhile. Thankfully the humble Eagle is currently my favorite ship to fly thanks to VR, so by this standard I'm rich beyond measure!

Top Bottom