❄ Planet Zoo: Arctic Pack coming 17 December ❄

Sadly Planet Coaster DLC's salke are never more than 20% as far as i know, maybe 30% but not beyond. Don't expect big sales like Cities Skyline DLC's.

I really like the new DLC animals, especially the polar bear and reindeer

However, I do think that the arctic wolf was unnecessary and I'd have added 1 or 2 more animals like a musk ox or something to make the DLC a bit meatier

This is more personal but I was hoping for an Inuit based set but the current one is also really nice.

Ok, I couldn't resist, I had to open the game and try. It worked! I turned off the staff never get tired thing and played the game on super fast for a bit to see. I can train them again! Thank you so much, Bo!

I deleted the Issue Report as it isn't one. It would be good to have some popups on these settings so people know the ramifications though. This was really bugging me since the last update. I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Might not be a issue but would be nice if staff could still train even if they have infinite energy, makes no sense why they are tied together. Hope this does get some attention in an update

This is being looked at but I don't believe it's fixed in Update 1.1!

Thanks for answering Bo, hope it gets fixed fast though. Also thanks for letting us know about something being done about ticket feedback, because its so annoying not knowing jf your reported issues on the issue tracker have even been looked at.

Have agreat weekend Bo

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Has there been information about what’s in the free update? I read patch notes focussed on addressing some of the issues players have been talking about since the beta.

I don’t think the timing of this content is appropriate - but I guess with Christmas here, what can you do?
All the same, the launch of this game left some players frustrated and burdened with having post report after report on the issue tracker. To dress up a patch as a “free update” and sell more content before the game feels finished...not a good look.

That’s my two cents...I thought Frontier were going to apologise for releasing untested patches that broke the game. But we got this announcement instead.

We announced a massive free update to coincide with the Arctic Pack yesterday: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-update-1-1-0-coming-17-december.532566/

Might not be a issue but would be nice if staff could still train even if they have infinite energy, makes no sense why they are tied together. Hope this does get some attention in an update

I don't have a problem with it. It's the way the game mechanic works. I think it just needs clarification.

I also posted this in an other topic but I have also the desire to voice my opinion here. Honestly I'm a bit surprised that the surprise is a paid DLC. Don't understand me wrong, a paid dlc is also a surprise. But in order with the christmas spirit I think a free animal would have been cool. And imho it would have been a good move pr-wise for Frontier to account for the many bugs the game has.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
With respect, Bo - that reads as patch notes. It’s frustrating to see this approach play out.

How does it read as patch notes? It gives a top level overview of all the new content that's coming in 1.1, and it states that the full update notes will be available on the 17th. What would improve the information flow in your opinion :)?

I have to wonder - it was said that the free update would also come with a "surprise" - is this paid DLC the surprise, or is there something else coming with the free update?

I also posted this in an other topic but I have also the desire to voice my opinion here. Honestly I'm a bit surprised that the surprise is a paid DLC. Don't understand me wrong, a paid dlc is also a surprise. But in order with the christmas spirit I think a free animal would have been cool. And imho it would have been a good move pr-wise for Frontier to account for the many bugs the game has.

We don't know that is the surprise, it could be something we don't know about yet.

I've put some opinions on animal pricing in this thread. I understand that Frontier has to make money but I think that having a standard for animal prices will make DLC much more fair and make more people want to buy packs.

The basic takeaway is that I'd have liked 1 or 2 more Arctic creatures to make the DLC more enticing.

Last edited:
I've put some opinions on animal pricing in this thread.
It's like buying a bagful of sweets. you don't like them all but they are all included. that's not a pure animal DLC, it also comes with two scenarios and 200 building items. it's not like pure animal/ skin packs like for JWE.

I've put some opinions on animal pricing in this thread. I understand that Frontier has to make money but I think that having a standard for animal prices will make DLC much more fair and make more people want to buy packs.

The basic takeaway is that I'd have liked 1 or 2 more Arctic creatures to make the DLC more enticing.

You aren't taking into consideration the extra building items or the extra 2 scenarios also included.

there are over 200 new building, scenery, and foliage pieces to choose from and get creative with!

Do I read this right? Over 200 new pieces AND a Mexico theme?
That's great. I was building a big aztec pyramid for my sandbox zoo. Now with the new pieces I might have to build it anew. 😅
I'm really looking forward to this DLC and the Update. 😀

Top Bottom