Stuttering and hitching after updates

I updated some drivers and did the clean boot but still get the lag and rubberbanding effect time to time. It's strange though, it doesn't happen every visit to Wiley to dump fert. One time the game runs smooth and the next is a jittery mess regardless of how many CMDRs are present. (playing in open) I'ma try a few runs in solo to see how it goes before I head home but I thought I read it didn't matter what mode you were in.

On a side note, with all the new fangled autodocking and flight assist technology these days we still have CMDRs getting stuck in the mail slot? I sat and watched someone crash and bang their way through to only get stuck for a short time..thought I was going to have to ram them through so I could depart in my time frame :LOL:

A clean boot and it did fix the problem for me, so I then embarked on a 3 hour reboot fest, carefully re-enabling my background services and starting the game up. The culprit was a USB over IP driver, which is installed and used by a product called Shadow (a cloud PC service). I guess I'm going to need to uninstall these (optional) drivers for the time being. But happy I found the thing causing my stuttering.

https://help.shadow.tech/hc/en-gb/articles/360017142874-How-to-use-USB-devices-remotely-USB-over-IP-

Thought I'd post here on the off chance anyone is using Shadow and has the same problem.

Top Bottom